I'm not able to login to Google maps 9.21, the previous version ( I don't know the version) was working fine ....please help!

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 08:08 AM
    Cobalt deleted an API key for it. This may be the reason it is not working.

 Priv... cue the comeback!
    03-15-16 08:23 AM
    Update Google Play Services to 8.4.89 build 4.
    03-15-16 09:48 AM
    Hello, recently Google maps has stopped working on my passport se. Since Snap stopped working for me after a recent security wipe, I installed the colbalt play store and services. All was well. Last week Google maps stopped loading maps. It would show my position but on a blank or blurry map.

I tried reinstalling and now it just shows a black map screen. Search doesn't work, position doesn't work, and no maps are loaded.

I have no idea what changed to cause Google maps to fail like this. Still running the latest bb10 os and android runtime, and all the cobalt files are up to date afaik.

Other apps I've installed through the play store are still working.

I tried installing an older copy of Google maps I just happened to save, but it's the same result.

Any ideas??

Thx
    05-09-16 09:21 AM
    Update - fixed: seconds after posting the above question. I tried again. Still black. I clicked on the blue geo location dot and it said I needed to sign into Google services.... odd

So I opened the drop-down tab in maps, went into settings, scrolled to the bottom and clicked sign out of Google maps. I then immediately signed back into Google maps (it still had my login credentials saved so I clicked my account) and boom, maps instantly started loading again, position works and no more black screen.

Hope this helps others with the same problem
    Rizal Khoiruddin likes this.
    05-09-16 09:28 AM
    Update - fixed: seconds after posting the above question. I tried again. Still black. I clicked on the blue geo location dot and it said I needed to sign into Google services.... odd

So I opened the drop-down tab in maps, went into settings, scrolled to the bottom and clicked sign out of Google maps. I then immediately signed back into Google maps (it still had my login credentials saved so I clicked my account) and boom, maps instantly started loading again, position works and no more black screen.

Hope this helps others with the same problem
    Thank you very much, I was facing the same problem and now it's solved..

Posted via CB10
    05-23-16 04:02 AM
    Me too, signed out then in. Problem solved

Posted via CB10
    06-26-16 12:52 PM