I have a verizon storm that i updated to .65 and ever since, when it is charging it wont ring on phone, e-mail, anything. Please let me know if anybody has had this problem, or heard of a solution.

thanks
    12-01-08 04:57 PM
    I believe by default the storm is set to go into bedside mode when charging which mutes all alerts
    12-01-08 05:00 PM
    how do you turn this off? I have the same problem.
    12-01-08 05:06 PM
    Yup, it's likely going into bedside mode. Open the clock, hit the menu button, and go to Options. Where it says "when charging", change it from "Enter Bedside Mode", to "Do nothing".
    12-01-08 05:36 PM
    Yup, it's likely going into bedside mode. Open the clock, hit the menu button, and go to Options. Where it says "when charging", change it from "Enter Bedside Mode", to "Do nothing".
    ^ what he said ^

but you could also have it display clock with out entering bedside mode (my setting)
    12-01-08 05:53 PM
    ^ what he said ^

but you could also have it display clock with out entering bedside mode (my setting)
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

12-01-08 06:09 PM
    I already have it set to do nothing when charging but still no sounds

12-01-08 06:10 PM
    When you are in the clock, hit Menu >
    and make sure it gives you the option to "ENTER BEDSIDE MODE"
    it is possible you are still in it.... If it says exit beside mode thats the problem.

otherwise:

from the home screen click on Sounds > make sure you have NORMAL profile selected.

In landscape mode, hold number lock/alt until it activates, and hit "/"/ when the log appear hit menu>clear log

turn off the phone (full power off if it asks)

Remove the battery for >30 seconds and power back up (with battery in of course)
    See if that fixes it.
    12-01-08 07:49 PM
    Verizon says it's a known problem and will be fixed with a s/w update later in December.
    12-04-08 04:24 PM
    Verizon says it's a known problem and will be fixed with a s/w update later in December.
    thats a scary thought this is not an appropriate response to such a big glitch.

I think you just got the scripted response there. Your problem is fairly uncommon as I can see.
    12-05-08 11:09 AM
    Well this did not get fixed with the latest build 4.7.0.75

I have the USB pluged in and it is charging via the usb data cable. Not in bedside mode and I miss all my calls as it does not ring. It displays a message saying that it is ringing or that someone is calling etc but if you are not looking at it that does no good.

Anyway around this?
    It is set to Normal Sound mode.
    If I pull the USB cord out then it rings.
    Plug it in no ring.
    Also when in this state it will flip up the phone App and you can see in the middle that it says the Ringer is OFF, but you can not turn it on.
    Last edited by bbstorm4me; 12-09-08 at 07:08 PM.
    12-09-08 07:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD