Has anyone else noticed issues with Google sync deleting numbers or adding multiple numbers in different categories? I uninstalled and reinstalled and am still seeing the issues. I have tried updating contacts in both my phone and on Google and the issue persists, anyone else seeing this?
    12-01-08 03:47 PM
    Yes. I have posted comments on the comments section of the google mobile blog. After 2 versions, it still has some issues but the contacts part of Google sync has gotten better than its first ieteration.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-08 04:10 PM
    i've been having issues with it also, lots of issues, I just turned off contact syncing for now, and let it sync the calender only. until some major updates are done.
    12-01-08 04:13 PM
    A post at Blackberryforums.com has a link to a Google Groups post (supposedly from a Google employee) indicating that this problem seems to be related to OS 4.5, or at least happens more frequently with OS 4.5. Sorry I don't have a link. The problem appears to be with indexing, as they claim that the missing numbers reappear after a reboot. They are recommending that users with OS 4.5 disable contact sync for now.

My own testing - exporting to an ASCII file for comparison with a pre-google-sync export - revealed that the numbers that appear to be missing are in fact still in the address book. To me this makes the indexing issue sound believable.
    12-01-08 10:52 PM
    Thanks for the info all...I have shut down the contacts sync for now and am updating them all manually and will keep my eyes out for new versions with a fix.

12-02-08 11:08 AM
    I started noticing missing numbers when people would call, and their info would not show up on the ID. I have an 8310 with the 4.5 upgrade on AT&T
    12-02-08 12:39 PM
    Having the same issue with google sync. Great for calendar, horrendous for contacts. I'm currently restoring my old contacts from a backup last week. I've had to restart my Curve (8830 - v4.5) 3 times today already after it synced this morning. 90% of numbers would be missing. Just before restoring my old contacts, I received a txt and instead of showing the name of the person, it showed their number. Looked thru the rest of my txt and it was the same thing for all of them. Very disappointed w/ google on this one.
    12-03-08 04:46 PM
    There is a new version as of today. It is .5.12. Last week was .5.11. I tried todays version and haven't had any of the issues I have had in the past. I also can't find any new issues and its been running all day. In other words, for me, it appears to be workinf fine. I am pleased. I spent all morning playing around and testing various things that previosuly had caused problems and its fine.

12-03-08 05:48 PM
    I've had some strangeness too. I noticed that my wife's entry in my address book would sometimes not show her phone numbers - only her email address. It always cleared up after a soft reset, but always reappeared at random.

Also, shortly after her info disappeared I'd get one of those "uncaught exception java.lang.nullpointer" errors that required a battery pull. I'm hoping that the error is related to the problems with Google Sync and that updating it fixes it.
    12-03-08 08:46 PM
    (also, is there a way to be notified of new updates to the Google tools, or do you just have to keep checking?)
    12-03-08 08:46 PM
    I see this is an older thread, and I'm wondering if anyone is still having this sort of problem. I can't remember when I first tried and then stopped using Google contacts sync (I have the .12 version mentioned), but I'd like to use it again if I know it won't be deleting my BB contacts! So are you succesfully using Google sync now?

01-26-09 12:10 PM
    Addon on to holliberri's post...

Is Contacts Sync a seperate download from the calendar sync? If the issues with the contacts sync have been resolved then it doesn't matter to me I suppose, just don't wanna screw up my contacts.
    01-29-09 09:18 AM
    I don't even have the sync contacts option! I'm guessing I need to download the newest google sync. Unless as newdad suggests the calander sync and contact syncs are different applications.

01-29-09 09:24 AM
    I've just looked but don't have the option of syncing BB contacts with Gmail. I looked in my google apps and the calander sync is there but that is the only sync option I have. I have an 8300. Could someone direct me to the correct location please?

01-29-09 09:34 AM
    I see this is an older thread, and I'm wondering if anyone is still having this sort of problem. I can't remember when I first tried and then stopped using Google contacts sync (I have the .12 version mentioned), but I'd like to use it again if I know it won't be deleting my BB contacts! So are you succesfully using Google sync now?

I have 8330 v4.5.0.77 and have upgraded to google Sync 0.5.13 and I am not having any issues. I did have same issues as listed above. Hope this helps.
    01-29-09 11:23 AM
    that is great to hear. I have been waiting for this change.
    01-29-09 12:08 PM
    Coggster - I find the Google sync options through the menu in either the BB calendar or address book. After I open Google sync, I go to Menu - Options.

01-30-09 01:42 PM
    mister37 - Thanks!

01-30-09 02:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD