Does anyone else have an issue with the battery life on their Storm? Mine can't go for more than a day without being charged and I wouldn't categorize myself as a heavy user.

I had it fully charged and it was down to 50% after having the bluetooth on and having 4-5 5 minute phone calls. At this rate, I can't imagine being able to use it for a full day without charging it, which is pretty pointless.

Anyone else having the same issues?
    12-01-08 03:02 PM
    Lower your screen brightness. Yes it is a battery hog, especially if your like me and constantly playing with it.
    12-01-08 03:04 PM
    Do you have the newest version? .75?
    12-01-08 03:04 PM
    Not sure if a thread for this already exists but yes, I have the same issue with poor battery life. With little use the battery is completely drained and radio connection is automatically turned off after 12-14 hrs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-08 03:09 PM
    I am seeing the same issue with battery loss. I just upgraded to the new OS this morning so will have to see if that helps. I will try the screen brightness as well as turning off bluetooth - can this be turned on by a 'car/auto' profile?
    12-01-08 03:13 PM
    on .75 the battery seems to last longer.. i also use 30% brightness.
    12-01-08 03:15 PM
    i didnt make it to 3 oclock today before it died on me

ordered a car charger and extra usb cable on amazon
    12-01-08 03:19 PM
    The first "real" day I had using the Storm at school the battery didn't even make it a full 12 hours with light internet usage and about 20 total minutes of talk time (no bluetooth). However, at the end of that day on the way home I stopped by my local Verizon retail outlet and they swapped the battery out.

My battery life has been *much* better since then. I have a feeling there may have been a bad batch or two of batteries. I still don't know if I would trust this thing to go 2 full days or more than one day of heavy usage, but I know for sure that I can now make it though a day and still have plenty (>50%) of battery left.

Oh, and I'm still using .65 fyi.
    12-01-08 03:20 PM
    I don't understand why people have a problem with charging once a day. I consider this normal for a smart phone.

My phone easily lasts a full day (8AM - 6PM or so) with frequent texting, some browsing, brick breaker, and a few phone calls. If I do any navigation in the car I plug it into the charger.
    12-01-08 03:23 PM
    The first "real" day I had using the Storm at school the battery didn't even make it a full 12 hours with light internet usage and about 20 total minutes of talk time (no bluetooth). However, at the end of that day on the way home I stopped by my local Verizon retail outlet and they swapped the battery out.

My battery life has been *much* better since then. I have a feeling there may have been a bad batch or two of batteries. I still don't know if I would trust this thing to go 2 full days or more than one day of heavy usage, but I know for sure that I can now make it though a day and still have plenty (>50%) of battery left.

Oh, and I'm still using .65 fyi.
    Upgrade that sh1t! And then report back as to how your battery life is tomorrow.
    12-01-08 03:26 PM
    I don't understand why people have a problem with charging once a day. I consider this normal for a smart phone.

My phone easily lasts a full day (8AM - 6PM or so) with frequent texting, some browsing, brick breaker, and a few phone calls. If I do any navigation in the car I plug it into the charger.
    I have no problem charging my phone once a day. In fact, I'm used to plugging it in at night when I go to bed. The problem is that this phone will never make it a whole day if I use it at all.

I have NO desire to plug it in mid-day as that isn't particularly convinent, since I'm not near a plug at all times.

I would think with normal usage, it should make it through a whole day.
    12-01-08 03:29 PM
    I have no problem charging my phone once a day. In fact, I'm used to plugging it in at night when I go to bed. The problem is that this phone will never make it a whole day if I use it at all.

I have NO desire to plug it in mid-day as that isn't particularly convinent, since I'm not near a plug at all times.

I would think with normal usage, it should make it through a whole day.
    My phone lasts the whole day without issue. What screen brightness setting are you at?

I am at 70% battery and it is 4:30 EST. The phone has been unplugged since 8AM (8 hours now) and I have sent problably 20 text messages, 1 phone call, read 10 emails (sent none), browsed for 5-6 minutes, and played brick breaker for 45 minutes. In the morning I checked the weather with VZNavigator. I also installed the YouTube application and watch a video.

This seems like good performance to me.
    12-01-08 03:34 PM
    As suggested in another thread last week, I completely drained my battery then charged it back to 100%. That helped the battery life tremendously.

Upgraded to .75 last night, and that has helped out as well. Good luck.
    12-01-08 03:35 PM
    My phone lasts the whole day without issue. What screen brightness setting are you at?

I am at 70% battery and it is 4:30 EST. The phone has been unplugged since 8AM (8 hours now) and I have sent problably 20 text messages, 1 phone call, read 10 emails (sent none), browsed for 5-6 minutes, and played brick breaker for 45 minutes. In the morning I checked the weather with VZNavigator. I also installed the YouTube application and watch a video.

This seems like good performance to me.
    That would be pretty reasonable and seems to be indicative of the type of usage I would have.

I just put it down to 30% brightness per the other posts in this thread. It was at 100%. What is yours at?
    12-01-08 03:36 PM
    As suggested in another thread last week, I completely drained my battery then charged it back to 100%. That helped the battery life tremendously.

Upgraded to .75 last night, and that has helped out as well. Good luck.
    How did you drain it all the way down and then how long did you recharge it for?

I charged mine for about 21 hours the first time I opened it.
    12-01-08 03:39 PM
    my battery life improved after putting .75 on...but after a little over a day i've noticed my storm was doing some weird things like the screen would just come on when it wanted to after it was black with out me touching it (no the light in the room didn't change either) this was killing my batter and i did a battery pull and its been fine ever since. must be some sorta mem leak still.
    12-01-08 03:42 PM
    That would be pretty reasonable and seems to be indicative of the type of usage I would have.

I just put it down to 30% brightness per the other posts in this thread. It was at 100%. What is yours at?
    10% and it is fine in all but the most direct sun light.
    12-01-08 03:43 PM
    I don't have .75 on mine yet and I'd rather get the battery performance as good as I can before putting .75 on it, so I can ensure I'm maximizing the life.
    Mine was lousy at first, but the longer I've had it, the better the battery has become. I've used it moderately today (took it off the charger at 6:30AM), and I've still got.............95% battery at 4:22PM.

On a day of normal usage, I have about 50% battery left when I put it on the charger before I go to bed. I suspect if I don't use mine a ton tonight, I could probably get away with not charging it until tomorrow night.

Oh, I have my screen brightness at 40%, and on for 20sec.
    the battery should be able to last all day/night with medium usage. i don't like having to worry that my phone will die if i go out somewhere right after work, etc. they need to improve the battery still.
    I have to agree. This is standard for a smartphone. To be honest, if I had done all the things I have done this morning with a WinMobile device, it would have been dead! I still have 2 bars left and it has been unplugged since 7:30pst. I can easily make it through a typical work day without charging. It's just not an LG Dare which would give you 2-3 days between charges.

You wanna be a power user, be prepared to use more power.
    12-01-08 03:48 PM
    the battery should be able to last all day/night with medium usage. i don't like having to worry that my phone will die if i go out somewhere right after work, etc. they need to improve the battery still.
    Right this is the scneario I'm facing at the moment. If my phone wasn't fully charged when I left the house for the evening, I wouldn't think it would make it through an evening out at the bars or whatever.
    12-01-08 03:48 PM
    I have to agree. This is standard for a smartphone. To be honest, if I had done all the things I have done this morning with a WinMobile device, it would have been dead! I still have 2 bars left and it has been unplugged since 7:30pst. I can easily make it through a typical work day without charging. It's just not an LG Dare which would give you 2-3 days between charges.

I understand that, but at the moment, it would seem that I can't make more than a few phones calls and send a couple text messages before it needs to be recharged.

Like I said, I had it fully charged when I left the house. I used it on bluetooth for about 90 minutes and made about 5 five minute phone calls and it was 50% charged. That figures out to being dead after about 4-5 hours of minor use, which is unacceptable to me.
    12-01-08 03:51 PM

To be fair, this appears to be a problem with this blackberry, which could account for others' frustrations (and my own).

I've had 2 previous blackberry's, each of which could go a minimum of 3 days without a charge, which included receiving/sending hundreds of emails a day, and being on the web as often as I felt like it. Those did not operate as a phone though, email only.

With my storm, some days I barely make it to 9 p.m., with limited email/text/phone/web use. I haven't even had my work emails pushed to this system yet, which is where the high volume of use comes from.

So it is frustrating! I've already changed my backlight to 30%.

And I run events for a living, which means I'm often not able to have it plugged in for 12-15 hours at a time, but I have to have access. So I'm still trying to decide if I should keep it. And I ALWAYS charge it fully overnight.
    12-01-08 03:59 PM
    How did you drain it all the way down and then how long did you recharge it for?

I charged mine for about 21 hours the first time I opened it.
    Did it over the holiday. Used the crap out of it until it was almost dead. Let it die over night, then recharged it until full the next morning. I didn't charge it straight through, but it was something like two hours that I left it on.

Since you don't have access to a plug during the day, you may want to kill it during the day (keep multiple apps open, get on YouTube and make a few calls) and then recharge it over night.
    12-01-08 04:07 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD