The is there any way to change the calendar notifications to work like BB10? What I mean is that on BB10 if you didn't happen to be near your phone when the new calender notification occurred the notification would stay on your display until you snoozed it or dismissed as it. You couldn't miss an appointment that way. With the PRIV calendar if you aren't nearest the phone and miss the initial notification it jus puts a notification in the bar at the top of the screen along with the 50 other unimportant notifications.

I have missed several notifications because of this.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Last edited by chaddt; 03-01-16 at 08:01 PM.
    farmwersteve likes this.
    03-01-16 07:40 PM
    Did you find a solution to this yet?
    03-04-16 09:11 AM
    Did you find a solution to this yet?
    No I haven't. Evidently it can't be done or at least no body knows how if it can be.

03-05-16 04:29 PM
    No I haven't. Evidently it can't be done or at least no body knows how if it can be.

Oh, I will not like that. Sometimes I have a notice go off at 6am even if the Z30 is in bedside mode. When I get around to the phone at 6:15 or 6:30 or 7am, the NOTICE is there, front and center. Then I can react to it. Snooze, dismiss or open/edit it till another time.

Hmmm (Priv will be here Monday).
    03-05-16 05:22 PM
    But, doesn't the calendar symbol remain at the very top of the screen? Top left corner. I'm sure it does.
    03-05-16 06:35 PM
    Isn't it the same reminder system as BB10?

Posted via my BlackBerry Slider
    panick69 likes this.
    03-05-16 06:38 PM
    I just set up a calendar event and purposely let it go without waking the phone. When I woke the phone the only indication that I missed a calendar event was the small calendar icon on the notification bar at the top of the screen. So in short no the calendar notification doesn't function the same as it does in BB10.

If anyone knows of a way to get it to mimic BB10 calendar I would be grateful.

FF22 likes this.
    03-05-16 08:04 PM
    I forgot all about that awesome little feature.
    I just set a "reminder"", with an alarm to go off at my waking time so that always reminds me

Clicked and flicked with my Priv.
    03-05-16 08:42 PM
    I forgot all about that awesome little feature.
    I just set a "reminder"", with an alarm to go off at my waking time so that always reminds me

Clicked and flicked with my Priv.
    My biggest issue is that my schedule is crazy, I am self employed and use the calendar more as a reminder tool rather than to schedule meetings. BB10 was perfect for it because I would never miss a reminder because the phone wouldn't let me forget it even if I missed the initial notification because it would always be there in my face until I acknowledged it.
    FF22, Jeanise and farmwersteve like this.
    03-05-16 09:09 PM
    2nd chaddt's post
    03-06-16 02:21 AM
    Same here, I do miss calendar notifications, other than the sound there's no wake lock screen that I can find.

oraclexml likes this.
    03-06-16 04:41 AM
    The Calendar app has progressively slipped into a state of de-evolution... Flawless and perfect on BBOS, decent, but not nearly as integrated on BB10, to a latent, novelty app that barely serves its' designed purpose on the Priv.

Aside from the aforementioned issues regarding the calendar's alert function, I also was let down to discover the app icon itself, despite being on the Android operating system where customization is bolstered as being one of its' biggest draws, lost its' function. On BB10 my calendar app icon served another purpose, always displaying the date, making itself useful,

anyway to change calendar notifications?-img_20160306_105120.png

But on the Priv it just sits there, as worthless as its' functionality...
    anyway to change calendar notifications?-screenshot_2016-03-06-10-52-37.png

I'm hoping the Calendar and Native File manager situation are something BlackBerry is looking into correcting... These 2 features enhanced would greatly improve the Priv as per my personal needs... Is it really too much to ask?

Posted via CB10
    03-06-16 09:55 AM
    You might look at an app called Next from microsoft of all companies, gives you lock screen previews which will sort of do what you are looking for. A little rough requiring double swipes to open lock screen if you keep Android protect services but much nicer notifications on wake.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-16 10:09 AM
    I can hack something up if anyone is interested.

The dialog would stay up until you dismiss it

Posted via CB10
    CivilDissident, will308 and FF22 like this.
    03-06-16 10:10 AM

Posted via CB10
    I'd pay for that.

03-06-16 10:20 AM

Posted via CB10
    I know you are not exactly new to the Android world now but nice seeing you have been able to adapt. Looking forward to your offerings in this "brave???" new world.

My Priv arrives tomorrow so I will be befuddled for a while, I'm sure. Too bad the Priv does not contain a BB10 Runtime - there are apps I will miss.
    03-06-16 11:30 AM

Posted via CB10
    If you build something please apply variable snooze times, at one point bb10 had snooze options that included many choices including hours and days. At some point this was eliminated to be a max on 30 minutes...terrible not to have user definable option.

Posted via CB10
    don3 likes this.
    03-06-16 11:45 AM
    If you build something please apply variable snooze times, at one point bb10 had snooze options that included many choices including hours and days. At some point this was eliminated to be a max on 30 minutes...terrible not to have user definable option.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah that is one thing that bugged me about the BB10 notification, only gave the 5 min snooze.

I am glad that I am not the only one missing this and other features from BB10. I guess I always feel like a dinosaur because I had the same issues going from BBOS to BB10. Many of the things that were missing from BBOS did manage to make their way back into BB10 with time but after you use BB10 for a while you forget the things that you missed from BBOS. That's one thing that always struck me odd is that instead of building on previous features and success they try to reinvent the wheel. I remember when BB10 came out thinking to myself have these developers never used a blackberry before? I have the same feeling with the Priv.

If it weren't for people complaining about and discussing things changing and things that were missing I doubt that BB10 would be as nice to use as it is today. Hell we even got the tool belt back.

It would be great to see BB10 continue to develop but at this point in the game it's hard to imaging that will happen, so hopefully the Priv will be like BB10 and features/functionality will continue to trickle into the Priv.
    Last edited by chaddt; 03-06-16 at 12:24 PM.
    03-06-16 12:06 PM
    The outlook app does it for events in your outlook calendar. That can be added via BlackBerry calendar to your outlook account calendar

Posted via my BlackBerry Slider
    03-07-16 04:20 PM
    Sorry if this seems ignorant but... you're all using Android now. Surely there is already some app that can catch notifications from apps and display a Toast for them..?

Like: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ificationslite

I mean that's the foremost benefit from Android: if you want something, odds are that someone already made it possible.

BlackBerry 10, Passport signed.
    raremage likes this.
    03-07-16 04:34 PM
    Sorry if this seems ignorant but... you're all using Android now. Surely there is already some app that can catch notifications from apps and display a Toast for them..?

I mean that's the foremost benefit from Android: if you want something, odds are that someone already made it possible.

I don't want to have to download an app just to do what a native calendar app should do and HAS done in the past... (And across various BlackBerry ecosystems nonetheless...) I'd prefer no more data forfeiture or app permissions than are absolutely necessary... Native app > Some random developer's app

03-07-16 06:51 PM

Toast is useless if you aren't there to see it.

What the OP want is a dialog like BB 10 which stays up until you dismiss it.

Posted via CB10
    Jeanise likes this.
    03-07-16 09:12 PM
    I don't want to have to download an app just to do what a native calendar app should do and HAS done in the past... (And across various BlackBerry ecosystems nonetheless...) I'd prefer no more data forfeiture or app permissions than are absolutely necessary... Native app > Some random developer's app

Totally agree.

That seems to be the one point a lot of people seem to be missing or unable to comprehend or refusing to accept.

I do not want to download a third party APP (and tolerate the ads or pay for an ad free version or 'premium features') to do something that has been working seamlessly on something that THEY insist is an 'inferior' OS / Device.
    Jeanise likes this.
    03-07-16 11:13 PM
    Totally agree.

That seems to be the one point a lot of people seem to be missing or unable to comprehend or refusing to accept.

I do not want to download a third party APP (and tolerate the ads or pay for an ad free version or 'premium features') to do something that has been working seamlessly on something that THEY insist is an 'inferior' OS / Device.
    I have a feeling, it is what it is. BB gave the world access to Apps by going Android, thereby saving the money to develop its own native apps or tweaks (if they are even possible) to Android.

As I was setting up my Priv today, I booked a flight. A few minutes later my Z30 got a BB Travel notice and the info was there. I sincerely doubt BB will recreate its own version again. And others say the android equivalent is NOT equivalent.
    03-08-16 12:24 AM
    I have a feeling, it is what it is. BB gave the world access to Apps by going Android, thereby saving the money to develop its own native apps or tweaks (if they are even possible) to Android.

As I was setting up my Priv today, I booked a flight. A few minutes later my Z30 got a BB Travel notice and the info was there. I sincerely doubt BB will recreate its own version again. And others say the android equivalent is NOT equivalent.
    Sadly... have to agree - 'It is what it is'. Just HOPING that some tweaks can be made. They are calling it 'BlackBerry Calendar', so perhaps ... (well.. one can always hope, right)?
    FF22 likes this.
    03-08-16 12:40 AM
91 123 ...