Hi guys,

Can you help me understand this? I was reading an article and it stated the following:

The Good Technology software lets an IT department manage a separate secure container on employees� devices. Companies can push secure apps to that container and employees can access a secure browser, intranet pages and collaboration tools such as Microsoft SharePoint.

Technical solutions manager Adam Sloan said WatchDox itself could run inside a Good Technology container. A container suite was �an area where BlackBerry was probably lacking in the past,� Mr Sloan said.
    I don't get this. Wasn't this a key selling point of BES and using the personal/work spaces? I thought the work area was the securitized container. I know that through the workspace, I am able to access secure apps, secure browser and access our company's network including collaboration sites. So is this my misunderstanding of the securitized container? Or is this an instance of poor marketing of BB10 features?

I'm adding the link for reference and additional context if needed. Not meant to drive traffic to the site, but if you want to read the whole article, go ahead. Nocookies | The Australian
    02-11-16 10:06 AM
    Said BB10 was missing the suite of apps for their container... not that they didn't have a container.
    02-11-16 10:10 AM
    The post was referring to iOS /Android containers, not BB10.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-16 10:35 AM
    That is not how I read it. And I have enterprise apps that are pushed from my employer as well and can do the same things that is stated in the first paragraph I quoted.

I thought he was saying that the WatchDox app can run inside a container and then goes on to say that the container suite is what was probably missing. If he wanted to say what you are stating, then wouldn't he say, the WatchDox app can run inside a container and it is the type of app that was missing from BlackBerry's suite.

Anyway, no biggie. Was just wondering what was being stated. Clearly apps would make sense since that is what has always crippled BlackBerry.
    02-11-16 10:41 AM
    Twice in the article he is talking about the Good Technology container. This one only instils on IOS /Android, so I didn't think it refers to BB10.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-16 12:13 PM
    The post was referring to iOS /Android containers, not BB10.

Posted via CB10
    So I know that BES manages Apple and Android devices, but I haven't seen what it looks like in practice. Does it not enforce a personal and work space?
    02-11-16 03:19 PM
    So I know that BES manages Apple and Android devices, but I haven't seen what it looks like in practice. Does it not enforce a personal and work space?
    Yes.

With Android, you have to use Android for Work or Knox containers, and it gets augmented by BES with additional features.

This article was referring to the prior problem with BES, which was the absence of software and collaborative tools. This has been solved by the acquisition of Good.
    02-11-16 03:25 PM