After laying hands on a demo Priv yesterday, I'm impressed enough to want one.

I don't need to do the payment plan through T-mobile, so that isn't a factor. My Q is perfectly good, so time isn't an issue either.

Shopblackberry has a bundle including case and sync pod included for $699 (through the 24th), so a better deal than t-mo's $719 (with no accessories). Also, the unlocked Priv wouldn't have the bloatware of a T-mo handset.

On the T-mo side, I have had handset protection through the carrier for years (and used it several times!). I'm guessing they won't insure a factory purchased set? How about support? T-mo's customer care has always been excellent. If I have a problem with a factory purchase I assume support wouldn't be bending over backwards to help/replace like T-mo is.

Would I be supporting Blackberry better by buying through T-mo and letting them get the sale/profit? I don't like virtual keyboards and want t-mo to keep getting Blackberries!

Any other factors I should consider? Opinions?
    02-10-16 06:36 PM
    A while back I learned on CB that no matter where you buy a phone from (new, of course,) if TMO carries it, they will handle warranty swaps. But I would quadruple check this (I didn't quite believe this myself, back then.) It's been a while, plus who knows what special arrangement (if any) TMO had with that manufacturer and what TMO has with BB.

Otherwise, there's always Squaretrade: Cell Phone Insurance - Cell Phone Warranty - Cellphone Insurance. BlackBerry has a protection plan too. Also, if you buy using a credit card, there might be some protection there as well.

As far as troubleshooting goes, TMO might be able to do that, considering this is a phone they sell. I guess BB would have some options too.
    Wikichick likes this.
    02-10-16 07:39 PM
    After I bought my Passport from ShopBlackBerry, I received an email offering a phone protection plan. It was a reasonable amount, so I accepted the offer. I haven't had any issues, so I don't know what their customer service on warranty issues will be like.

Good luck.
    Wikichick likes this.
    02-10-16 07:42 PM
    Blackberry has there own Care Protection Plans. $4.49 a month for the Priv.

BlackBerry Care Protection Plan - United States
    02-11-16 05:40 PM
    Blackberry has there own Care Protection Plans. $4.49 a month for the Priv.

BlackBerry Care Protection Plan - United States
    Yes, same as for the Passport.
    02-11-16 06:53 PM
    They are giving an extra $50 discount on the bundle (which basically paid sales tax and shipping?!), so I just bought myself a Valentine's pressie?!

Looking forward to getting it.
    02-12-16 05:13 PM