When I click on Text Mgs, it comes up slow. I'm not always able to start typing for about a minute. When I hit send a lot of times it loses the msg, doesn't send it. Then a week or so later it pops back up in the typing box. The same from the hub to read recieved text, it takes a minute to bring it up, sometimes it pulls up the text from my last sent msg, not the new one I clicked on. I have to do rebooted umpteen hundred times, doesn't help. I'm on AT&T if that matters with 1.3.2.556 update

Posted via CB10
    02-08-16 11:25 PM
    Could it potentially be that your chat conversation is very long? Try deleting the current text message chat and try it with a new fresh empty one?
    02-09-16 12:21 AM
    I'm having some similar issues on my Q10. I go through long periods where it works just fine, then it'll do odd things. It was frustrating enough when I'd be in the middle of a text conversation when suddenly when I try to change to another person it stops responding. I click on the desired person and whether or not I had been wanting to send something to them or if I want to respond to them after they've just sent me something I just see the basic box at bottom for me to fill with the emoji icon & the attach & send but otherwise totally blank with the bigger box for the previous parts of the thread also just black.

The idea that having the conversation thread be too long might cause that thread to freeze up sounds plausible but when the same thing happens in a NEW thread with a different person there's nothing stored to slow things down!

Had been about to post this when something new cropped up! Before, I either got a blank screen or normal behavior. I just tried to send a text four times to a regular contact that I only rarely need to text with. I wrote the message but when I hit send nothing happens for over a minute. With the black screen issue I never even get to type at all, and with all texts if I'm in the middle of composing a text I can safely switch to send someone else a response or question knowing that my text is saved as draft. But every time I tried that trick it still wouldn't respond to the send button or the send message from the right side options. Then I got a big pop-up saying failed to save message. If I can't text I lose the only method of communication I have with certain people! What do I do now?

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    02-09-16 02:41 PM
    FYI, I have "failed to save" messages when I try to text.

It ONLY happens when I get in my car and I connect to the car's Bluetooth. And when I get out, it takes a while before I can send a regular text again. Sometimes when I'm in my car it will work...sometimes not.

It's completely frustrating and beyond annoying. My BlackBerry that I have been loyal to for 10 years (despite being blown out in the market) because it's the best communication device...can't send texts.

Posted via CB10
    02-29-16 07:59 PM
    Pillsy, do you ever have the issue of clicking on a text someone just sent and having the either the text box stay blank for a long time before you can see what they said as well? Or does your cell just not keep the thread stored after the conversation is over?

03-01-16 07:09 AM
    Pillsy, do you ever have the issue of clicking on a text someone just sent and having the either the text box stay blank for a long time before you can see what they said as well? Or does your cell just not keep the thread stored after the conversation is over?

Hmmm...no.

I'll try hitting the send button, and nothing will happen. I'll go back to the hub and click the text message again, still nothing. If I minimize the keyboard, it leaves a blank space where the keyboard was. If I flip the phone horizontal, the screen will rotate but it will be all distorted and stretched out. I have all my text conversations stored. But this happens to conversations with only a few responses as well as ones with hundreds.

And remember, this only happens when I'm in my car and it connects to Bluetooth. Then for a while after I get out and after it's been disconnected.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-16 10:34 PM
    So I was texting my wife yesterday. A few texts had the clock, but she was getting them, as she would respond. Last night when I went to text her, I got the "failed to save message". After reading all the blogs, I did the following:
    -restarted the phone....this did nothing
    -I deleted the conversation....this also did nothing
    -I did a hard retstart.....this also did nothing
    -I attempted to text random contacts....same problem
    -Finally, I used my work phone to send a text to my phone, and all that came up was the number in HUB, no message in the body. It also didn't even bing, just showed up as an unread text in HUB.

Now I'm trying to back up my phone, but I haven't updated anything OS wise. I did 3 months ago have an issue where my phone just wiped all text conversations and phone logs.....which I did a restore.

Any thoughts?
    Thx
    05-11-16 09:16 AM
    This happened to me. Figured I had too long of a text thread with the person. The thread is over two years long. Did everything thing until I backed up and wiped my phone. Did not have the same issue after.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-16 09:07 PM
    I wish it was that simple! Unfortunately it doesn't matter if the thread is long or if I am trying to answer the very FIRST text sent to me by someone responding to an ad for a car we had for sale on Craigslist! It thankfully has become more intermittent, but it still seems to go through spurts. No rhyme or reason I can see either. I can be fine all day and suddenly it crops up. When it does it usually keeps me from texting with anyone but sometimes I can get a few to go out with most others frozen. I see the incoming texts, I just can't respond! It becomes especially fun when the person gets upset when I don't answer and thinks that I'm ignoring them...
    Of course AT&T says there isn't any problem with their network! This is the same network that sometimes delivers texts hours or more after being sent or not at all. I also have another unsolved thread regarding the fun way that all four of us can have calls go directly to voice-mail despite having 5 bars with both parties trying to connect! The real beauty of it is how you don't even get a missed call notification, so unless they leave a message you never know anyone called! This also blamed on devices by AT&T but between us we've had 19 new phones with SIX different OS's. So who knows whether this texting problem is related or not? Oh well.

05-15-16 07:19 AM
    Has anyone resolved this issue? Mind sharing? I'm experiencing it now, and my work requires lots of texting and announcing. I need a fix asap. Please, thank you.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-16 12:19 AM
    Crackmeister, I wish I could offer a fix for you since that would mean that I had one!

I have gotten nothing but a runaround from AT&T over both this and also lately I often have either a long gap between when a text is sent vs when I get it. Even worse is that about 10% of the time the text never arrives at all! So I get grief from wife or kids for "ignoring them" even though I show them the evidence clearly shows that the last thing I got from them was at such-and-such time. Somehow they think I can selectively delete just the text that said what I was asked to do but not the ones right before or after...

AT&T as usual blames the issue on my Q10, and when I point out that most of the problems also plagued the entire family throughout 20+ different devices using SIX different OS's I'm told that isn't possible!
    I've met others who have some of the same issues, they're just luckier since they don't have all of them at once. So I wish you luck, but I don't expect you to have a magical cure. I would love to be proven wrong though! If you DO get a fix, please post the details here regarding what it was so we can tell the tech support people we talk to what they really need to be doing!

06-10-16 03:43 PM
    There are actually days when things are running just fine. Like for the past 2 days, just minimal and tolerable lag. Hoping it'll keep up.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-16 09:26 AM
    Just thought I'd check in case anyone knows of an actual fix...
    It gets very frustrating to have a text come in and be unable to either open it or send any kind of response! When it's really acting up it will keep showing me the same text over and over again no matter which person's thread I select!

Otherwise it does the usual blank screen so I don't see any of the current thread and it won't respond if I try to type anything. Of course AT&T blames it all on BlackBerry!

06-22-16 06:23 AM
    I'm not sure if I was able to really fix mine, but what I did is I went down to the oldest messages and deleted some. I havent encountered any problem since then except when I restart my device. Probably takes time to load.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-16 06:34 AM
    Hi Q10 guys, Passport user here and I just started getting the same issues, pretty much identical to the descriptions in this thread. I'm not on the AT&T network so I suspect it's not a network issue. This weird freezing/lag/delay (whatever you want to call it) is very much a nuisance. I'll be trying different things (short of a wipe at this point) to see if it solves the problem and report back...
    06-22-16 08:35 AM
    Hi Q10 guys, Passport user here and I just started getting the same issues, pretty much identical to the descriptions in this thread. I'm not on the AT&T network so I suspect it's not a network issue. This weird freezing/lag/delay (whatever you want to call it) is very much a nuisance. I'll be trying different things (short of a wipe at this point) to see if it solves the problem and report back...
    So to update my last message, all I did was simply delete/end the chat with my contact. After starting a new text message string, it was immediately responsive the way it should be.

Obviously this doesn't seem to be working for everyone but it's definitely worth a try before going the next step.
    06-24-16 07:07 PM
    I'd be interested to see if this helps anyone on AT&T. When mine decides to act up it can even freeze with zero old text thread to delete! Several times I have been very frustrated when the thing decided to become unresponsive just as I get a text from someone who wants info regarding an ad I posted on Craigslist!

VERY frustrating to have finally gotten a response and then not be able to quickly answer their text! But if this method works for people on AT&T I may delete some threads that I keep because of useful information within them. I wish there was an easy way to copy just the few parts of the thread you wanted to keep without having to buy an app to do it...

07-21-16 08:11 AM
    I was just about to start a new thread and came across this. Texts and BBMS slowing on my Passport and I have ATT. I'm going to close the threads and see if that works.
    11-15-16 04:21 PM
    I've been having the same issues described above for a long time. Also corrupt texts, sent & received, some never received on either end, old messages sent again weeks later. Corrupt sent and received as in only a few random words show up, or a short message would come without the first words, then those words would come minutes later and it sometimes re-arranges and reads correctly, but not always.

It used to be texting with one person in particular that would slow down my phone, now it's more than one... everyone keeps saying it's the phone, and I'm starting to agree because I just changed providers and it's the same
    11-15-16 05:26 PM
    I had several apps with issues, when they get to be too much of a hassle I just do a backup / security wipe / clean OS install.

I usually do a custom w/ just the personal info restored thru BlackBerry Link and then add only the apps I currently am using.

Takes a couple hours but you will be back up running like new.

Q10 SQN100-2 10.3.2.2813 / Droid Turbo 2 XT1585 6.0
    11-15-16 08:35 PM
    I am unable to clear or delete the chats... I tried it several times and it just doesn't take
    11-15-16 11:17 PM
    I finally managed to clear some of the longer chats after several tries, and it seemed better for a day then yesterday 3 texts didn't reach my targets.
    I also get some texts without a sender name (though I know who sent them & they're in my contacts), showing in the hub with the first words in lieu of the contact's name
    11-19-16 10:40 PM
    Has this issue been resolved? I am having the same problem. I have done a security wipe and that helped for a little bit, and now I am back to the same problem.
    01-11-17 03:18 PM
    Ok so I had this same issue, I realized this was another issue with another build but I forget which build.

So to resolve the issue you need to go to the "App Manager" and go to the "Device Manager" then go to the CPU and turn off "Blackberry Blend" wait a few seconds and your text messages should catch up.

This was an issue for me with the 10.3.3.1359 as well.

Hope this helps you guys!
    01-31-17 05:47 PM
    Ok so I had this same issue, I realized this was another issue with another build but I forget which build.

So to resolve the issue you need to go to the "App Manager" and go to the "Device Manager" then go to the CPU and turn off "Blackberry Blend" wait a few seconds and your text messages should catch up.

This was an issue for me with the 10.3.3.1359 as well.

Hope this helps you guys!
    Absolutely correct that BlackBerry Blend is the culprit. I actually set up BlackBerry Blend on my Quick Settings and have it set to Off. Otherwise, if you just go to Device Manager, CPU, and close BlackBerry Blend, it automatically will turn on upon each reboot.

Posted with my  Classic
    01-31-17 09:36 PM
27 12