So just got a new replacement Q10, I backed it up via blackberry link, like 6.6gb worth, now when connecting the new Q10 I have to leave it plugged in for like 5-10 min before it recognizes the phone properly. Then when it does I go to restore, select the back-up, say yes I'm sure it will erase all current content, it displays a loading bar and says it's restoring and then stops. If I do this enough times the phone turns off and just displays a green light.

If the phone is off with the green light but the computer doesn't show anything does that mean its restoring?
    02-08-16 03:31 PM
    Green light just means it's fully charged.

Is the OS version on your new device equal or greater than what you had before?

If your backup is somehow corrupted, you may try a selective restore, and try to grab a little bit at a time.

Play with the clean device a bit first to make sure it's working well in its own right. I recommend restoring as little as you can get away with. Link restores not only your backup, but all the little bugs and gremlins that were on your old device too.
    02-08-16 03:41 PM
    I think I got it, id needs my BB ID first

There was red "error text" but the BB link window was to small for me to see it.
    Last edited by ScaryFatKidGT; 02-08-16 at 04:22 PM.
    02-08-16 04:12 PM
    The only issue with my old phone is that I couldn't pick up 3 or 2g if I didn't have 4g I didn't have internet.
    02-08-16 04:29 PM
    It totally jumbled up all my photo's like I just took them all today... can I fix they somehow, it's like it didn't save the meta data for the dates.
    02-08-16 06:03 PM
    It totally jumbled up all my photo's like I just took them all today... can I fix they somehow, it's like it didn't save the meta data for the dates.
    BB10 uses the date the photo was written to the device - not date from the meta data.
    Last edited by conite; 02-08-16 at 09:16 PM.
    02-08-16 06:06 PM
    When I got a replacement phone before they all stayed in the right spot? As when I upgraded from my style to the Q10. Now this time all 2000 photos I have say Feb 8th and are all out of order now.
    02-08-16 08:39 PM
    So just got a new replacement Q10, I backed it up via blackberry link, like 6.6gb worth, now when connecting the new Q10 I have to leave it plugged in for like 5-10 min before it recognizes the phone properly. Then when it does I go to restore, select the back-up, say yes I'm sure it will erase all current content, it displays a loading bar and says it's restoring and then stops. If I do this enough times the phone turns off and just displays a green light.

If the phone is off with the green light but the computer doesn't show anything does that mean its restoring?
    I simply logged into my BlackBerryID
    BlackBerry ID - BlackBerry Login - Sign In to Apps & Services - EN

Then restored. All via WiFi.
    02-10-16 09:21 PM