For some reason comments on all youtube videos watched on FastTube are gone. I deleted the app and reinstalled it but no change. Anyone else noticing this?

Posted via CB10
    02-08-16 04:00 AM
    Yeah, that's on mine, too. There's gonna be an update, methinks.
    I don't mind much. All I need is the amazing Preloaded feature.
    02-08-16 05:05 AM
    Yeah, that's on mine, too. There's gonna be an update, methinks.
    I don't mind much. All I need is the amazing Preloaded feature.
    Sorry to be a dolt: what is the preloaded feature?

Posted via CB10
    02-08-16 02:28 PM
    Sorry to be a dolt: what is the preloaded feature?

Posted via CB10
    There's this rare feature on FastTube where one can save YouTube films to the device where the app is installed (as of currently I still don't know where it's keeping them, but it's either on the device or the SD Card, seemingly in some sort of a hidden partition).

To invoke this feature, pick a movie as usual. Then, look at the three dots on the right corner of the screen. An option bar will show up, go to the lowest part, where it says "Preload". Tap it. It'll show you the saving progress.

To access the saved film, go to the main view where one would choose a film to watch. Tap the three lines symbol on the left corner of the screen. On the list of showed options, look for the word "Preloaded". Tap it. You'll be taken to a page with two folders. All the saved films are in the "All Videos" folder.

Obviously, you can now watch offline all the movies in that folder.
    Last edited by bhoqeem; 02-11-16 at 01:56 PM.
    FF22 likes this.
    02-08-16 04:09 PM
    There's this rare feature on FastTube where one can save YouTube films to the device where the app is installed (as of currently I still don't know where it's keeping them, but it's either in the device or the SD Card, seemingly in some sort of a hidden partition).....
    Yes that is a great feature and the videos get saved on a hidden folder on the device.

Regarding the problem with FastTube it has been over a week since the app stopped working and trying to contact the developer with no response. FastTube comments and popular videos are not working so the app is almost useless.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-16 11:57 AM
    I don't have sound too

Posted via my z10
    02-10-16 01:31 PM
    Yep I'm having this issue too. The sound came back after a reset, but comments are a no go.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-16 01:34 PM
    Also have the issue with the comments. Hope there is an update soon..

Posted via CB10
    02-10-16 04:30 PM
    I contacted the dev and they said they are busy working on it, this was about 3 days ago, so I would expect an update from them fairly soon.

... on to more bad news, I tried using it supertube as well just to see if the same issues plague that app, and it also seems to be the case. It's kinda led me to believe that it could very well be a YouTube thing, where they've changed how third part apps (especially non android/iOS) can access the content on their website. This could spell the beginning of restrictions on what Youtube is able to share with apps as they try and tighten their wallets and promote their own products ie YouTube Red

Posted via CB10
    02-13-16 12:24 AM
    It's updated and the comment section is BACK!!
    Yay!!
    FF22 likes this.
    02-18-16 10:36 PM
    Right they gave out an update few days ago

Posted via CB10
    02-19-16 03:47 AM