Ever going to happen? I seem to remember a press release about blackberry apps being developed on both iOS and android.

So we have android, is iOS eve going to happen?

Personally I'd be interested to see how it worked out if they did...
    02-07-16 03:55 PM
    Is the Hub and other BlackBerry apps available on anything other than the Priv as of yet? I would have figured it being opened up to all Android devices would have made bigger news if it had been.

I don't see it coming to iOS, mainly because the reason they developed the Hub and everything else for Android is that they're moving to an Android ecosystem for their handsets.

JB

Posted internationally thanks to my Passport
    02-07-16 04:01 PM
    Ever going to happen? I seem to remember a press release about blackberry apps being developed on both iOS and android.

Just wait till Apple reinvents Notifications with the iHub, you will be amazed...
    02-07-16 04:34 PM
    ^^^^^ahahahaha jokes.

But in all honesty, the hub over android is Blackberry's competitive advantage. I doubt they would open it up to other manufacturers or operating systems.

Posted via my awesome BlackBerry Passport!
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    02-07-16 05:08 PM
    If I was at Blackberry who has been investing in software security companies and are already involved in security solutions for cross platforms.

Why not offer a productivity suite with the Hub and Calendar for IOS and priced it so folks would look at purchasing it in the App Store, just a thought.
    ryanza likes this.
    02-07-16 07:15 PM
    Just wait till Apple reinvents Notifications with the iHub, you will be amazed...
    Don't be surprised if they do make a Hub like app 10 times better than BlackBerry Hub

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    ronpfid and ryanza like this.
    02-08-16 12:37 AM
    LOL why not, at one time the thought of Android on BB would have got you banned on Crackberry.
    TgeekB likes this.
    02-08-16 12:51 AM
    I believe it will be open part of the BBM secure package with a subscription.

It will remain free on BlackBerry phones if they release any.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-16 01:26 AM

I doubt running the Hub under iOS is even possible, but even if it were, BB seem to have more pressing concerns right now.

The BB website page announcing this (the BB Experience Suite), and promising BExS on iOS, Android, and WinPhone, has been pulled according to another thread here. That disappearance should probably tell you everything about the likelihood of the BExS coming to iOS.

And BB seem to have quietly forgotten that the promise was to bring the BExS to Android, not just the Priv. I suspect they've realised that keeping it unique to the Priv represents a competitive advantage to attract ex-BB10 users.
    jope28 likes this.
    02-08-16 02:30 AM
    Don't be surprised if they do make a Hub like app 10 times better than BlackBerry Hub

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    I'm amazed they have not already TBH
    02-08-16 02:36 AM
    At least it won't be half assed as everything that blackberry does
    Velocitymj and ryanza like this.
    02-08-16 03:10 AM
    Corporations can't waste their time on revenue from apps because only if they are wildly successfully (which is next to impossible) can they even make a slight contribution. BlackBerry is better off promoting phones that are equivalent to 800 apps purchased for 99 cents.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-16 03:48 AM
    Corporations can't waste their time on revenue from apps because only if they are wildly successfully (which is next to impossible) can they even make a slight contribution. BlackBerry is better off promoting phones that are equivalent to 800 apps purchased for 99 cents.

Posted via CB10
    By that logic, why waste their time on BBM stickers? I mean, apart from the obvious synergy between stickers and secure business-level communications.
    02-08-16 07:06 AM

Considering that you have a crippled version of the HUB on Android and it will never be able to function like it does on BB10, then why would anyone want another crippled version of the HUB on iOS? The only way that you can have a true HUB on iOS and Android is have low level access to the OS (which BlackBerry does not) to peek at it from anywhere and create all the client editors so you never have to leave the hub to respond to a message. If the hub doesn't have those two features. It is just a message grouper.
    JeepBB, Dunt Dunt Dunt and TgeekB like this.
    02-08-16 07:33 AM
    At one time the BlackBerry Experience Suite of Apps was suppose to bring the "blackberry experience" to iOS..... But they seem to have moved away from offering those suites.... page is gone on their site and Chen hasn't mentioned them anymore.

Just don't think the cost of creating such apps, was ever really examined and compared to expected revenues. But I think at some point after they announced those Suites, Chen started looking at BBM and BBM Meeting numbers in the USE and other Western Nations where BES is being used. How much were these apps costing in development and support vs how many people were downloading and then using those apps. Then he asked engineers about the effect of these suites on a users device.... And they figured out that what some guys in marketing taught up, just wasn't practical.
    jope28 likes this.
    02-08-16 07:59 AM
    By that logic, why waste their time on BBM stickers? I mean, apart from the obvious synergy between stickers and secure business-level communications.
    BlackBerry is leveraging the already long established and trusted Bbm which is a lot different than a new app no one has heard about. The app regardless is still free.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-16 08:11 AM
    LOL why not, at one time the thought of Android on BB would have got you banned on Crackberry.
    Yeah, when was that?
    02-08-16 09:26 AM
    At one time the BlackBerry Experience Suite of Apps was suppose to bring the "blackberry experience" to iOS..... But they seem to have moved away from offering those suites.... page is gone on their site and Chen hasn't mentioned them anymore.

Just don't think the cost of creating such apps, was ever really examined and compared to expected revenues. But I think at some point after they announced those Suites, Chen started looking at BBM and BBM Meeting numbers in the USE and other Western Nations where BES is being used. How much were these apps costing in development and support vs how many people were downloading and then using those apps. Then he asked engineers about the effect of these suites on a users device.... And they figured out that what some guys in marketing taught up, just wasn't practical.
    A software company that doesn't know how to write apps is a BIG problem.
    02-08-16 01:25 PM
    A software company that doesn't know how to write apps is a BIG problem.
    IMHO that is the crux of the issue.
    02-08-16 01:47 PM
    IMHO that is the crux of the issue.
    A company shouldn't announce products that they can't finish. BlackBerry has done that a lot.

They did a bad job on cross platform BBM. They couldn't expand BES properly so they had to buy Goods code. The BlackBerry experience was a bust. The native facebook app is terrible.

What they did do well they drop. Blend is great. BB10 is great.

As a programmer who works in Enterprise and a small staff, I don't see them succeeding as a software company.
    dejanh and JeepBB like this.
    02-08-16 05:25 PM
    Yeah, when was that?
    I think prior to the release of BB10. Many threads about "sorry I have to leave Blackberry for Android or iPhone" and these always attracted comments on these operating systems being inferior.
    02-08-16 11:00 PM
    I think prior to the release of BB10. Many threads about "sorry I have to leave Blackberry for Android or iPhone" and these always attracted comments on these operating systems being inferior.
    Nobody got banned though.
    As long as I have been here and as far back as I have checked all opinions are welcome.
    02-08-16 11:17 PM
    It would have!!!
    02-08-16 11:37 PM
    Nobody got banned though.
    As long as I have been here and as far back as I have checked all opinions are welcome.
    Not sure now to tell if a person is banned, so I will revise my statement to "maybe banned"
    As for your second statement I have NOT found that to always be true. BB10 supporters are expected to roll over and play dead rather then to comment on a Android phone. As for me I'm an old guy and say what I think as long as it's the comment I'm talking about NOT the poster.
    02-09-16 12:44 AM
    IOS is incapable of running HUB. IOS is way too primitive of an OS. And offers Zero expandibility.

Rocking a Z30
    02-09-16 06:00 AM
86 123 ...