i mean wtf!!! why is it losing 30% or more sometimes?
    Is there a reason?
    Nothing is running?

help!!!
    02-04-16 08:26 AM
    Check your Device Monitor. If System or any other processes runs unusually high, most of the time it can be remedied by a simple Restart.
    02-04-16 08:28 AM
    I am having the same issue recently. Device monitor is not a helping. No app seems to be the culprit.

Posted via Manly Passport
    02-04-16 09:03 AM
    Once, I encountered something like this:

why is my passport battery draining 30% whilst on standby at night!!!??-img_20160125_122426_edit.png

The solution: Restart your device.
    If that doesn't work, you may need to do a Security Wipe.
    02-04-16 09:14 AM
    My Passport has been experiencing a huge battery drain as well. I have restarted it a number of times, and have begun deleting apps that I don't use.
    Looking at app usage, I really can't see one particular app that's at fault. I'm always suspicious of the Amazon app, but I have it locked down as much as I can.
    My instinct is that there's an OS issue. Of course, the other possibility is that BlackBerry devices simply aren't of the same quality as they used to be, and the battery is going bad.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-16 09:36 AM
    My issues with my battery went away as soon as I removed key applications. Specifically the Android Crackberry application is a monster.

P.

Swiped on my fantabulous BlackBerry Passport, a beast among sheep.
    02-04-16 01:59 PM
    This seems to be a recent problem, which makes it all the more puzzling. I have deleted all the apps that I can think of that I recently added, plus some others.
    Restarting doesn't help.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-16 12:40 PM
    why is my passport battery draining 30% whilst on standby at night!!!??-img_20160205_145847.png

Posted via CB10
    02-05-16 01:59 PM
    I'm not sure if it helps, but my phone will charge back up pretty quickly if I put it in Airplane Mode and Power Saving mode.
    My best guess is that it's doing something with my wi-fi while it's idle. Maybe idle time is when Amazon takes control of my phone and tracks everything I have done since the last time it tracked my phone usage.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-16 03:43 PM
    Have you attempted to clear data on the amazon app? No idea why but that helped with an issue I had once. Could have been completely coincidental though.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-16 04:01 PM
    You really should post a 'since last charge graph' in the morning, as well as the apps draining the battery. The 48 hours graph is absolutely useless for troubleshooting this
    02-05-16 04:21 PM
    I've been having the same issue. I think Face10 was my culprit since it started doing it after I downloaded it.
    02-05-16 05:17 PM
    How do I do that?

It's worth a shot!

Have you attempted to clear data on the amazon app? No idea why but that helped with an issue I had once. Could have been completely coincidental though.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-16 11:45 AM
    Could be.
    It doesn't solve the problem, but I had my phone charging while I was using my PC, and it was slowly losing power. Then I put it into Airplane Mode and Battery saving mode and it charged right back up.
    That points to the possibility that maybe it's having trouble maintaining a connection with either our AT&T signal, or our Wi-Fi signal, or that an app is trying to make a connection, and maybe having trouble. When I look at data usage and apps causing battery drain, Facebook doesn't seem to account for the huge drain.

I've been having the same issue. I think Face10 was my culprit since it started doing it after I downloaded it.
    02-06-16 11:49 AM
    Could be.
    It doesn't solve the problem, but I had my phone charging while I was using my PC, and it was slowly losing power. Then I put it into Airplane Mode and Battery saving mode and it charged right back up.
    That points to the possibility that maybe it's having trouble maintaining a connection with either our AT&T signal, or our Wi-Fi signal, or that an app is trying to make a connection, and maybe having trouble. When I look at data usage and apps causing battery drain, Facebook doesn't seem to account for the huge drain.
    That just means something is trying to access your network and in airplane mode it gives up.
    02-06-16 11:56 AM
    This is mine

why is my passport battery draining 30% whilst on standby at night!!!??-img_20160207_002016.png

why is my passport battery draining 30% whilst on standby at night!!!??-img_20160207_002010.png

Posted via CB10
    02-06-16 12:51 PM
    Well, I have deleted the Facebook app, which is a reasonable possible culprit.

Interestingly, I can't even get the Amazon app to open right now. If it's somehow buggy, I guess that could be the issue.

That just means something is trying to access your network and in airplane mode it gives up.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-16 04:13 PM
    I wonder if this is our issue?
    I can't get Amazon to open at all, and several other Amazon apps have crashed:
    http://m.gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/ne...ime-bug-801154

Posted via CB10
    02-11-16 07:11 AM
    Could be? Go into device manager and find Amazon in one of the lists. Click on it and it should bring you into another page. Click clear data on it and should do the trick.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-16 07:58 AM
    As much as I really like the passport I'm afraid this love affair is over for a number of reasons including the uncertainty around bb10 and investing in an obsolete ecosystem...
    It's pretty sad really because I will really miss the hub and fluid OS.
    But the question also must be asked what will be the resale value of a passport running a defunct OS?

Posted via CB10
    02-11-16 09:10 AM
    Did everyone go into their settings>security>application permissions and go through every app and turn off 'Run when minimized?

Jaglenn's Passport
    02-11-16 01:43 PM
    Did that a long time ago.

I think my problem is tied to the Android glitch that's associated with the latest OS update.

They had offered a fix, but the download isn't working.

Going to wait to see how that plays out. If that's not it, then I guess I reinstall a backed up earlier version of Amazon and see if the problem goes away.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-16 02:59 PM
    Did you try changing the charging cable? It could be defective and not re-charging.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-16 12:17 AM
    Someone said a security wipe may help.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-16 02:42 AM
    Let's ask the question by how many percents does your battery drain overnight?
    I don't see how peeps are getting more than a solid day with heavy use???

Posted via CB10
    02-12-16 03:02 AM
28 12