Ever since I stopped using the Amazon Appstore, my BB10 phone works like in the good old days (unbeatable battery life and performance). I already got a very good APK version of spotify and I am happy with it.

Now I need Skype and Telegram.

Can you tell me where I can download the latest APKs for these programs without using sideloading via snap etc. ? I just want to install the APK from SD.

Thanks !
    02-02-16 04:16 PM
    You can just look for an online downloaded. That's what I used to do.

Posted via -sigh- Priv. Guess we have to get used to Android guys....
    02-02-16 04:19 PM
    App evozi

Copy the app link from playstore and paste it in app evozi, download the apk and install or update

Posted via CB10
    02-02-16 04:32 PM
    Ever since I stopped using the Amazon Appstore!
    Can you clarify what you mean by stopped using? Did you delete it?

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-16 05:39 PM
    Can you clarify what you mean by stopped using? Did you delete it?

Thanks.

Posted via CB10

I have a german phone so the wording might be wrong here:

I did not delete Amazon App Store, but after the last wipe, I just never opened it again. After that I enabled "youth protection" under settings ->security and privacy -> youth protection, there I disabled Amazon-Apps.

The main problem I had before that was, the moment I opened the Amazon Appstore, my CPU usage for System task always stayed around 20%, which drained the battery. I always needed to restart the phone.
    02-09-16 08:47 AM
    If you have access to an android phone or tablet, install the app "APK Share" on it. Before my Nexus 7 tablet died, I used it all the time to first download the desired app from either Google play or Amazon on that device directly, then I would use APK share to send it either to my laptop or phone via Bluetooth usually. It worked great.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-16 08:55 AM
    If you have access to an android phone or tablet, install the app "APK Share" on it. Before my Nexus 7 tablet died, I used it all the time to first download the desired app from either Google play or Amazon on that device directly, then I would use APK share to send it either to my laptop or phone via Bluetooth usually. It worked great.

Posted via CB10
    I see about 4 or 5 apps with that name in the Play Store. Which one did you use?
    02-09-16 09:12 AM
    Yes there are many. It's difficult to remember which but I think it's the one from Kibzorg Labs. I'm a bit unsure as it�s a new icon. As long as you don't bother with any that require root and allows Bluetooth and other ways to transfer, many do the same job. This one has over 500,000 downloads and a decent rating.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    02-09-16 04:15 PM