I have purchased a WiFi 16Gb BlackBerry Playbook, secondhand, for a mere $54.12. The thing is nothing short of AMAZING! I have all the apps I need from the default BlackBerry World. I don't play games and only use the tablet to write, emails, translate, and do some excels with a bluetooth keyboard, watch some imported films with subtitles, read ebooks and comics, play music and use the tablet as a bed clock on the side. The battery lasts literally VERY LONG, the pictures and movies are crisp, the sound is seriously LOUD! I also love how I could easily work my documents back and forth to my Laptop by means of Dropbox.

I thank Thurask for helping me downloading the autoloader for the latest OS update. The Bridge in this version is superb when paired with my Q10 and Passport!

All in all, I am very happy and satisfied.
    Last edited by bhoqeem; 01-31-16 at 03:55 AM.
    01-31-16 01:48 AM
    Hi Bhoqeem,

So good to hear there are still people like yourself. I too, use my two PlayBooks. One for work work and the other to use in private. When you search BlackBerry World, you can find really good substitutes for the brouwser and YouTube.
    Fire In The Bones likes this.
    01-31-16 04:38 AM
    Hi Bhoqeem,

So good to hear there are still people like yourself. I too, use my two PlayBooks. One for work work and the other to use in private. When you search BlackBerry World, you can find really good substitutes for the brouwser and YouTube.
    Thank you cyberadje!
    If I may, what would you recommend the best free browser that I could use from the BlackBerry World? I use EasyTube for YouTube, that's nice and smooth enough.
    01-31-16 05:03 AM
    Hi Bohqeemz,

I choose to buy one. Because I wanted to be sure it got supported. So I can't recommend a free one. I do can recommend a paid one. I went for Fast Browser it will set you a �1.79 back. But it gave me everything that I was looking for.

Posted via my Awesome Passport or still going strong Z30
    01-31-16 11:16 AM
    Thank you cyberadje!
    If I may, what would you recommend the best free browser that I could use from the BlackBerry World? I use EasyTube for YouTube, that's nice and smooth enough.
    Try Origami Browser
    01-31-16 11:23 AM
    Hi Bohqeemz,

I choose to buy one. Because I wanted to be sure it got supported. So I can't recommend a free one. I do can recommend a paid one. I went for Fast Browser it will set you a €1.79 back. But it gave me everything that I was looking for.

Posted via my Awesome Passport or still going strong Z30
    Thank you for the heads up to buy Fast Browser. I will try this later.
    01-31-16 11:37 AM
    Try Origami Browser
    Thank you brookie299. Yes, I have also installed the Origami Browser. Definitely much faster than default browser!
    01-31-16 11:38 AM
    Thank you brookie299. Yes, I have also installed the Origami Browser. Definitely much faster than default browser!
    If you can get into the habit of turning Off/On JavaScript as and when you actually need it, you'll find the stock browser becomes much more responsive. After all, that's really all the Oragami browser does,i.e. JS is Off by default.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-16 01:44 PM
    If you can get into the habit of turning Off/On JavaScript as and when you actually need it, you'll find the stock browser becomes much more responsive. After all, that's really all the Oragami browser does,i.e. JS is Off by default.

Posted via CB10
    That is true but Origami DOES allow you to change the User Agent as well which may have an advantage over the stock browser in certain situations. In any case though, the browser experience in the Playbook is kinda painful and slow nowadays lol.

What we got here is failure to communicate....
    01-31-16 04:04 PM
    That's awesome! I still love and use my playbook very often. With a BB10 device bridged, it's amazing for streaming media content to a TV. Beats the crap out of chromecast imo.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-16 08:59 PM
    You may want the stand charger for bedside clock or radio use. It used the magnetic charger which is a brilliant idea

Posted via CB10
    02-01-16 10:36 AM
    My ISP just gave me an internet boost from 5megs to 50megs so now the stock Playbook is working much faster. Also the free Dolphin Browser is allowing me to access most of the Google functionality which the stock browser no longer allows, also running somewhat faster than the stock PB browser. I am also going to experiment with the User Agent Switcher for certain websites.
    12-12-16 08:21 PM
    Glad you are happy, I have 3 of them, one being an Lte

Posted using my Awesome BlackBerry Z30
    12-13-16 05:58 PM
    Glad you are happy, I have 3 of them, one being an Lte
    Me too! A 64GB wifi bought new in 2013 for �129 from PC World, a 4G Lte model bought new for �85 two years ago, & a 16GB wifi bough used for �30 last year. So �244 in total for the lot!
    (Mind you, paid out also on various cases, screen protectors, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse, etc.)
    12-14-16 04:06 AM
    And who said that the PlayBook was dead?

Posted using my Awesome BlackBerry Z30
    bigjman likes this.
    12-14-16 06:52 AM
    Gaming is still pretty good on the PB. Can be a lot more solid than Android.

PlayBook UK Channel C001CB4A1
    12-16-16 03:19 PM
    Just got into the playbook and love it. I like how it blends with my passport and pushes sms and emails and also let's me answer my phone from it. I mainly use it to watch movies. Just download with passport upload to my box account then stream to the playbook. So seamless for being so old. Definitely loving it

Posted via CB10
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    12-16-16 04:18 PM
    Still use mine for Internet browsing and occasional music!

Swiped on my Passport!
    12-19-16 12:52 PM
    I rightly or wrongly believe no one can hack it or virus it as no one bothers with them?

Swiped on my Passport!
    12-19-16 12:53 PM
    I rightly or wrongly believe no one can hack it or virus it as no one bothers with them?

Swiped on my Passport!
    I think that's fair.

I enjoy my PB too for the handful of things it does well. It happens to do them really well. Love the clear, dual, front-facing speakers.
    12-20-16 04:20 PM
    I decided to order a brand new playbook (64g) from amazon for Christmas. I wanted it because im just loyal to bb like that. Also the fact that it was discontinued only made it more alluring to me because I think maybe it will be a vintage classic item. I also got a passport for Christmas and I'm loving it however bb bridge will not bridge my passport to my playbook. It tells me 'couldnt pir.make sure your tablet isupdated' when I go to check my playbook for updates it tells me I already have thelatestupdate. Can someoneplease help mewiththisproblem
    12-27-16 03:52 AM
    That's awesome! I still love and use my playbook very often. With a BB10 device bridged, it's amazing for streaming media content to a TV. Beats the crap out of chromecast imo.

Posted via CB10
    Could you describe your setup in a little bit more detail?
    12-28-16 07:50 AM