Anyone still actively using their Playbook? I still use mine it's a great little tablet I just wish it could be used with PRIV. It was a little bit of a let down not being able to work with the z10 but I still use mine for media and videos as portable tablet.
    01-30-16 07:53 AM
    Could you expand on what you mean by Z10 & PB not working together pls?

Posted via CB10
    01-30-16 07:59 AM
    The bridge wasn't perfect with the z10 unlike with the Bold.
    qwerty4ever likes this.
    01-30-16 07:40 PM
    I use the Bible app I have at church on Sunday and Wednesday. Tried to use the camera tonight and realized it doesn't work anymore.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-16 07:37 PM
    I am using it now. Still good for traveling and light browsing. Great for movies. Z30 has replaced it for most things email.
    syclone1978 likes this.
    02-04-16 09:39 PM
    There's been some good threads on this with many responses OP, definitely worth looking back a few months.

Both of my PBs have no issues bridging with my Z30, and I use that feature frequently, especially for viewing my Z30 photos and documents on my PB.

As to your question, I'm still actively using two PBs, one personal and one work. Email, browsing, document reading and editing, as my primary book reader and Bible study tool, some photo and video use, and due to the amazing recording and playback sound quality, the PB is my main music device for recording violin practice sessions and playback, as well as my music storage for my favorite playlists recorded in FLAC and through Neutron Music Player app.

I also still use my PB for teaching a couple of evening classes I teach and work presentations I have to do periodically using a presentation app I've been using for several years.

I'm a pragmatic person though, and realize my PBs days are slowly coming to an end, but am hard pressed to find anything that I like as well as the PB. We're moving to ToughPads running Windows at work.

I'm constantly trying out other tablets of friends and in BestBuy, but have yet to really find anything I like. There are tablets with beautiful displays, great performance etc.. but I don't care for Apple products and it's controlled ecosystem, nor android's glitchy operations and uncontrolled apps, especially their OS update problems. I'm leaning towards Windows when I'm finally forced to move on.

As an example, the only tablet I've tested out in the last few months that equals or exceeds the speaker sound quality of the PB is a Lenovo Yogo Tab, and that's because of its larger than normal speakers built in to it's unusual tube edge which is used for holding it or as a base, but it's android. All other currents tabs sound like crap compared to the PB.

I'll keep using and enjoying my PBs as long as I can, but I'm not very optimistic about my replacement options.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-16 12:59 PM
    I use it all the time! It's become an awesome paperweight/coaster

Posted via CB10
    bajanboy1711 and neoberry99 like this.
    02-06-16 01:26 PM
    Nope, haven't used it in years.....I think it's in my closet. Going to look for it later tonight and fire it up.
    02-06-16 03:54 PM
    My daily device. It's excellent.! BTW I'm a BlackBerry fan and I'm 12... I love my pb and z10

Posted via CB10
    02-06-16 04:50 PM
    My daily device. It's excellent.! BTW I'm a BlackBerry fan and I'm 12... I love my pb and z10

Posted via CB10
    Welcome to CrackBerry....ENJOY the site
    02-06-16 07:51 PM
    Use it for the video conferencing and nobex for music. Love this piece of equipment.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    syclone1978 likes this.
    02-06-16 08:50 PM
    Still using mine, and I am not looking to get another. :-!

From the Z30

Posted via CB10
    syclone1978 likes this.
    02-07-16 06:15 AM
    Still using mine everyday. Great for letting the kid watch videos, without worrying too much about her accidentally breaking it. Also use it for presentations, because I hook it up to my projector. Tried to do that with my iPad and it needed a 70$ part! Also use it for email to my works exchange server. Unlike the iPad, I can view my draft folder.

So still some legs in mine, but one needs to live within its limits. One thing for sure: the next tablet will be running Windows because my iPad and Android tabs seem geared more towards entertainment than anything else.

Last edited by fschmeck; 04-04-16 at 08:01 PM.
    02-07-16 07:35 AM
    Still Have mines but its soooo slow, i ended up getting a Tab S2 but i still love my Playbook. It was the best, i used it for everything especially the bridge with my Bold,Q10, Z10, and Z30

anon(5597702) likes this.
    02-07-16 09:10 AM
    Still use it a lot. My wife uses hers a lot.
    02-07-16 09:23 AM
    Still using mine!!!

Posted via CB10
    02-11-16 05:19 PM
    There's been some good threads on this with many responses OP, definitely worth looking back a few months.

Both of my PBs have no issues bridging with my Z30, and I use that feature frequently, especially for viewing my Z30 photos and documents on my PB.

Posted via CB10
    Just curious, and perhaps I'm a bit of a 'newb' because I never really adopted the Playbook until late in the game. How exactly do you use Bridge for viewing your photos? I know I can access all of my BB10 files through the PlayBook's file manager but this only allows me to open photos one at a time which is far more cumbersome than being able to scroll through them.

Is there any way to get this functionality or do you just open one photo at a time?

Thanks!
    rotorwrench likes this.
    02-11-16 05:45 PM
    I still use both my playbooks and one is an original from day one, main use is for media- videos and music, and occasionally I use the browser and the Bridge feature with a 9900, battery life is still very good after long use, and the swipe gestures are excellent, a BB10 version would have been nice to have.
    BoneMatrix and TOphotog like this.
    02-12-16 01:16 PM

As to your question, I'm still actively using two PBs, one personal and one work. Email, browsing, document reading and editing, as my primary book reader and Bible study tool, some photo and video use, and due to the amazing recording and playback sound quality, the PB is my main music device for recording violin practice sessions and playback, as well as my music storage for my favorite playlists recorded in FLAC and through Neutron Music Player app.

I also still use my PB for teaching a couple of evening classes I teach and work presentations I have to do periodically using a presentation app I've been using for several years.

I'm a pragmatic person though, and realize my PBs days are slowly coming to an end, but am hard pressed to find anything that I like as well as the PB. We're moving to ToughPads running Windows at work.

I'm constantly trying out other tablets of friends and in BestBuy, but have yet to really find anything I like. There are tablets with beautiful displays, great performance etc.. but I don't care for Apple products and it's controlled ecosystem, nor android's glitchy operations and uncontrolled apps, especially their OS update problems. I'm leaning towards Windows when I'm finally forced to move on.

As an example, the only tablet I've tested out in the last few months that equals or exceeds the speaker sound quality of the PB is a Lenovo Yogo Tab, and that's because of its larger than normal speakers built in to it's unusual tube edge which is used for holding it or as a base, but it's android. All other currents tabs sound like crap compared to the PB.

I'll keep using and enjoying my PBs as long as I can, but I'm not very optimistic about my replacement options.

Posted via CB10
    I got some money at Christmas and decided to replace my laggy Nexus 7. I toyed with getting a Surface but decided against it as what frustrates me with my Sony Flip laptop is that Windows is lacking in the app department.

I settled on a budget Lenovo tab, the only one I could find for under $300 with more than 1GB of RAM. I got the A10-70F tab. What a little beast this thing is. Android runs nice and smooth on this thing. Best bang for the buck I could find.

Posted via CB10
    rotorwrench likes this.
    02-17-16 11:43 PM
    Still use it, primarily for late night video play back. Great display, great speakers.

Battery is going down a bit quicker nowadays but who cares.

Posted with a BlackBerry
    BoneMatrix likes this.
    02-18-16 09:44 AM
    I use it daily for movies, email, weather but mostly with the PB Overdrive app as a ebook reader. It also has most of my music. If only it would bluetooth link to my bluetooth speaker it would be perfect.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-16 06:17 AM
    ... If only it would bluetooth link to my bluetooth speaker it would be perfect.
    Posted via CB10
    That's odd... I've never experienced any issues pairing PBs with, and using, Bluetooth speakers or Headsets. What make/model BT speaker are you trying to use?

Posted via CB10
    andy957 and xxjavaxx2001 like this.
    02-19-16 11:24 AM
    Daily. I have given up on it as a tablet.

It is now my video player for my kid in the car for the long drives.
    How ever it do really wish it would just play the next video when the current video ends!
    I would appreciate suggestion for this.

I am getting an RV and I am hoping it can become a wireless video monitor with an app like tinycam I think it's called to help me with driving it.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-16 05:52 PM
    How ever it do really wish it would just play the next video when the current video ends!
    I would appreciate suggestion for this.
    Sideload mVideo Player. It allows you to create video playlists.
    02-19-16 08:44 PM
    Thank you!! Much appreciated

Posted via CB10
    02-20-16 06:17 AM
685 123 ...