Hi all-

About one week ago I upgrade by BB Pearl 8100 to OS 4.5.0.99.

I noticed that whenever I would go into the native media player, it was stuck in "scanning" mode.

I followed the instructions in another thread which directed me to copy the contents of my SD card to my computer, reformat the SD card, and then copy the media back to the card, ensuring that I don't copy any hidden BBThumbs files.

I did that and it worked fine for a few days.

I noticed earlier today that it was once again stuck in "scanning" mode, and it occurred to me that about one hour prior to that, I had reset my Pearl using the QuickPull program.

So, I went and actually pulled the battery out. Upon reset, the media player worked again.

To test my theory, I reset once again using QuickPull. Upon reset, the media player was stuck in "scanning" mode. Upon an actual battery pull, the media player worked again.

I tested one more time ... same results.

So, at least on my Pearl, there appears to be something about the QuickPull program that results in the media player having issues.
    11-30-08 05:05 PM
    Good post. I haven't used quick pull but have heard about it and am sure others will find the info very helpful!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-08 12:14 AM
    Okay I am having the same issue with the scanning mode.. but I don't have or possibly just don't know what quickpull is. Where was the post for how to get the media player out of scanning mode
    12-01-08 12:33 AM
    Okay I am having the same issue with the scanning mode.. but I don't have or possibly just don't know what quickpull is. Where was the post for how to get the media player out of scanning mode
    There may be a similar post here, but this is the one I read:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/medi...t-reboots.html
    12-01-08 10:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD