This program has ended on January 19th, 2016
    https://developer.blackberry.com/builtforblackberry

The Built for BlackBerry program ended today. An email was just sent out to all BlackBerry World vendors with further details.

Mark Sohm
    BlackBerry Development Advisor
    BfB - what's wrong? - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Dear Developer,

With our focus on enterprise customers, we are evolving our app strategy to focus on secure enterprise apps leveraging BlackBerry Enterprise Server and Good Powered by BlackBerry. As a result, we're ending the Built for BlackBerry program. Here's what this means to you:

Starting today, January 19, 2016, new Built for BlackBerry submissions will no longer be accepted
    Pending Built for BlackBerry submissions will not receive any further review
    Existing applications will keep their Built for BlackBerry designations until February 29, 2016
    You can still reach out to BFBTestingTeam to nominate your applications for featuring on BlackBerry World.

Your apps aren't going anywhere

Please note that the existing applications you've created will not disappear. All that will happen is that the Built for BlackBerry designation will go away. We are continually assessing new opportunities for you to market and feature your previously successful Built for BlackBerry applications. In the meantime, you can continue to submit regular applications the same way you always have. You can also extend your reach by placing your applications on the Amazon App Store.

At this time, we'd like to thank you for participating in the Built for BlackBerry program. Your commitment has helped boost the quality and range of applications available to BlackBerry users. We encourage you to register for the BlackBerry Enterprise Partner Newsletter to get the latest news on building secure enterprise apps.

Thank you,
    The BlackBerry Developer Program Team
    https://www.blackberrycentral.com/ne...rogram-ending/
    01-20-16 01:55 PM
    Very sad to see this, I continue to support and buy Built for BlackBerry apps.
    BerryRipe, acovey, lift and 5 others like this.
    01-20-16 02:00 PM
    Lol, the signs for those who don't want to read the writing on the wall are getting louder and clearer, BB10 is pretty much done.
    If your happy with you BB10 device the way it is( because no more is enhancements are coming) that's great. But in reality is just a matter of time until we are going to have to move on to another OS. For some users that will come sooner and for some later but it's inevitable.

BB10 is dying a slow and painful death! Almost can't bare to watch it.

Sent from my battered and bruised but still kicking (just barely) Z30.
    01-20-16 02:10 PM
    Lol, the signs for those who don't want to read the writing on the wall are getting louder and clearer, BB10 is pretty much done.
    If your happy with you BB10 device the way it is( because no more is enhancements are coming) that's great. But in reality is just a matter of time until we are going to have to move on to another OS. For some users that will come sooner and for some later but it's inevitable.

Zed's dead, Zed's dead. But life goes on.

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2876 / Telus
    01-20-16 02:12 PM

I really don't see a problem with using BB10 as a consumer until it no longer serves my purposes or something "better" comes along. I don't get people who seem elated at BB10 receding into the background after failing to significantly capture the consumer market's attention.
    01-20-16 02:22 PM
    That explains why they didn't fix the submissions candidates not appearing problem.
    Time to say goodbye?

Posted via CB10
    mas_quemex likes this.
    01-20-16 02:23 PM
    More evidence that Chen lied about BlackBerry supporting BB10.
    01-20-16 02:48 PM
    Yeah but BlackBerry needs to stop beating around the bush and just come out and say it. Just tell people BlackBerry is now the gum under the shoe of the Android Bot and call it a day. Is it so hard to make a statement?

Posted via CB10
    limabo, Q10Bold, devin266 and 3 others like this.
    01-20-16 02:50 PM

And Chen is doing the death by a thousand cuts. They are forcefully trying to make BB10 unusable.
    lift and gfondeur like this.
    01-20-16 02:51 PM
    Oh, come on, BlackBerry !

Via Pasta CB10
    Q10Bold likes this.
    01-20-16 02:53 PM
    Guys.. Give up. Get the Priv and keep enjoying what BlackBerry has to offer.

It's over.
    01-20-16 03:07 PM

It's over.
    Yeah lol, if it would be that easy...

Via Pasta CB10
    gfondeur likes this.
    01-20-16 03:12 PM

It's over.
    Priv is just Android which is an advertising platform. Why would I buy a BlackBerry Android when I value my privacy. Priv gives away that by using Android. BlackBerry doesn't much value anymore so why would I or anyone else buy one?
    FF22, Al moon, acovey and 8 others like this.
    01-20-16 03:19 PM
    Chen is doing what he does best, killing BlackBerry10 by small but deep wounds n a slap to loyal customer like us, that if u want BlackBerry buy Priv or just move to ios. Thanks chen... I know these comments won't reach your ear but sooner u ll too pay d price

Posted via CB10
    makaiman, Q10Bold, FF22 and 5 others like this.
    01-20-16 03:21 PM

It's over.

No.
    If I wanted a oversized and expensive Android I'd buy a S6
    Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold, FF22, ssbtech and 8 others like this.
    01-20-16 03:23 PM
    Why should I get a Google OS device now?
    all my BlackBerry OS10 devices running flawless even will do next year, so why should I change device and spend on new app's if all my BB app's are perfectly serving my needs and yeah getting a Passport anyway to accompany my Classic and run this as long it works for me, no need to get a PRIV just because it's new or because of the hype.

Posted via -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    acovey, gfondeur and anon(5990673) like this.
    01-20-16 03:31 PM
    Exactly, why get a Priv when they will probably abandon that and then go ahead and built a BlackBerry Apple phone next. Oh well, the great thing about all this is that I don't have to stick with BlackBerry. I can go out and purchase a different device from a different company. Good luck with the future BlackBerry and Chen.

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold, devin266, ams083 and 1 others like this.
    01-20-16 03:51 PM
    More evidence that Chen lied about BlackBerry supporting BB10.
    Not sure he lied, I think you just needed to read between the lines meaning a split between consumer and enterprise. Android for Consumers and BB10 Will probably be rehashed into a slightly made over OS that only works with a BES Subscribe...Back to the roots like in the Legacy days. Probably going for a super secure completely locked down system for Enterprise and Government and get raid and all the unwanted develops messing around in there ecosystem. JMO
    01-20-16 03:55 PM
    Chen is doing what he does best, killing BlackBerry10 by small but deep wounds n a slap to loyal customer like us, that if u want BlackBerry buy Priv or just move to ios. Thanks chen... I know these comments won't reach your ear but sooner u ll too pay d price

Posted via CB10
    You are the guy yelling at Mom and Pop for closing down their toy store that just happened to be located right across the street from the new Walmart.

John Chen is not against you. He is also most definitely not against BB10. He is probably not really against much, other than losing money. His only intentions behind any of the decisions he has made have been to bring BlackBerry back to profitability.

I'm just as sad as you and many others here that the days of BB10 being a current platform are numbered. However, if you think that Chen is out to get us in some way, then perhaps you should go to the self-help section of your local mom-and-pop bookstore and see if you can find one on the subject of not taking things personally. You will feel better once you can do that.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-16 04:20 PM
    Built for BlackBerry - Dead!-img_20160120_223544.png

Too soon CB, too soon

Posted via CB10
    01-20-16 04:36 PM
    Why should I get a Google OS device now?
    all my BlackBerry OS10 devices running flawless even will do next year, so why should I change device and spend on new app's if all my BB app's are perfectly serving my needs and yeah getting a Passport anyway to accompany my Classic and run this as long it works for me, no need to get a PRIV just because it's new or because of the hype.

Posted via -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    If it suits your needs you should stay with what you have. No need to spend more money for what isn't needed. Unfortunately most people have needs different than yours.
    sam81, TommyBB and JeepBB like this.
    01-20-16 04:41 PM
    If it suits your needs you should stay with what you have. No need to spend more money for what isn't needed. Unfortunately most people have needs different than yours.
    Needs or wants?

gfondeur likes this.
    01-20-16 04:53 PM
    This shouldn't surprise anyone. Them not updating Facebook nor twitter in months speaks much louder than this in my opinion...

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    01-20-16 04:57 PM
    Needs or wants?

This is first-world 2016, there is no difference.
    JeepBB likes this.
    01-20-16 05:00 PM
    Come on chen, why?!!

Posted via Z30
    01-20-16 05:00 PM
344 123 ...