You know it was eventually going to happen. A thread mentioning Yaata.

I won't go into too much detail other than to say that Yaata replaces the Google Messenger App it comes with the following benefits:
    -The only SMS app I can find that integrates perfectly into the Hub and shows unread messages.
    -It's also very customizable and has a really slick looking night mode.
    -Completely free with no ads (minus some extras).
    -Donated version comes with auto SMS forwarding; this is a REAL bonus for those of us with a personal phone and a work phone. I take advantage of my work phone's call/data plan and forward everything from my personal phone over including calls, and sms's. Now I only have to carry around one phone!

The only bugs I've had trouble with and hope you Yaata users can help me with is getting rid of the star notification on the app icon itself. Mine seems to be stuck "on", even though I've gone through all my messages.

I know some have had MMS troubles, but I had no problems sending photos out via Yaata in mms mode.
    moody and zack west like this.
    01-19-16 12:06 PM
    I wound up deleting and reinstalling. So far so good.

Moderator, please move this thread over to the Android Apps forum. Thanks.
    01-19-16 12:12 PM
    The only bugs I've had trouble with and hope you Yaata users can help me with is getting rid of the star notification on the app icon itself. Mine seems to be stuck "on", even though I've gone through all my messages.
    I noticed today after trying this app out that the notification did stick on app icon. Then when I replied inside the pop up window and hit send the notification disappeared at the same time as the chat window. Then the notification came back on its own. hope they find a fix, nice app otherwise
    01-19-16 01:55 PM
    I noticed today after trying this app out that the notification did stick on app icon. Then when I replied inside the pop up window and hit send the notification disappeared at the same time as the chat window. Then the notification came back on its own. hope they find a fix, nice app otherwise
    I'll send the developer a message tonight.
    01-19-16 02:02 PM
    Still happening. Just sent a message to the developer. Let's wait and see.
    01-21-16 01:05 PM
    Still happening. Just sent a message to the developer. Let's wait and see.
    Developer has responded. He's looking into it now.
    moody likes this.
    01-21-16 01:25 PM
    Great thread. Yaata is hands down the absolute best SMS app for the Priv with absolutely flawless Hub integration.

The developer reached out to me on this issue. This issue is the fault of BlackBerry's crappy launcher. The unread notification is controlled by the launcher.

I use Novo Launcher and don't have this issue.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-21-16 02:46 PM
    I noticed that I dont get the sticky notification when I hit the check mark top right corner of the chat bubble/head.
    01-21-16 02:52 PM
    Enjoying Yaata as well since switching from Textra as it wouldn't bold unread texts. Yaata integrates with the hub very well. Really nice pop up options too. Just needing the spark to work properly on the icon instead of the constant on state.

01-21-16 03:07 PM
    Enjoying Yaata as well since switching from Textra as it wouldn't bold unread texts. Yaata integrates with the hub very well. Really nice pop up options too. Just needing the spark to work properly on the icon instead of the constant on state.

Switch launchers.

01-21-16 03:34 PM
    I noticed that I dont get the sticky notification when I hit the check mark top right corner of the chat bubble/head.
    Trying to figure out your method here. Where do you go? Sorry for the dumb question.
    01-21-16 03:37 PM
    Trying to figure out your method here. Where do you go? Sorry for the dumb question.
    I have yaata set to pop up window when I receive sms. At the top right corner is a check mark when I puch it the window disappears and so does notification on the icon.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on Priv
    01-21-16 04:18 PM
    Meh, still like textra.

Posted via -sigh- Priv. Guess we have to get used to Android guys....
    tfitzpat03 likes this.
    01-22-16 02:18 AM
    Meh, still like textra.

That's one of the advantages of an ecosystem. Not everyone likes or need the same feature for an app (even for a simple one such as SMS). Competition within the ecosystem drives inovation and you a lot of apps become better and better. There are a lot of very very good apps in Google play.
    01-22-16 03:01 AM
    Meh, still like textra.

Nah. Yaata is a million times better and more refined in performance and aesthetics.

01-22-16 04:00 AM
    I've been using Yaata for a few weeks now and have yet to find better as well..

I also emailed the dev a few weeks ago about the notification asteric not leaving. He at the time just got the XDA files for Priv and was gonna do some testing when he got time. (Also emailed me a second time asking more about Priv and what I have before. Seemed pretty interested in it)

Only other downfall I can find with it is Dtek says it checks my contacts a ton more than others I have tried.. Currently 5026 vs 1188 from QKsms

*-* BBM Channel : Netflix Newsroom C003BA5E3 | Facebook.com/NetflixNewsroom *-*
    gizmo21 likes this.
    01-22-16 04:55 AM
    Nah. Yaata is a million times better and more refined in performance and aesthetics.

Correct. Also excellent and responsive developer!

01-22-16 04:59 AM
    Decided to just take a snapshot from Dtek of how much is checks my contacts compared to another and sent it to the dev...

See what they reply with. I also gave him a link BlackBerry gave me to information on the developer emulator software

supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Android-Development/BlackBerry-PRIV-Emulator/ta-p/3138949

gizmo21 likes this.
    01-22-16 05:10 AM
    Decided to just take a snapshot from Dtek of how much is checks my contacts compared to another and sent it to the dev...

See what they reply with. I also gave him a link BlackBerry gave me to information on the developer emulator software

supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Android-Development/BlackBerry-PRIV-Emulator/ta-p/3138949

Who really cares how much it checks your contacts. It's an SMS app. It needs access to your contacts. If it checks them once, twice, a thousand times, what's the difference?

01-23-16 05:46 AM
    I also emailed the dev a few weeks ago about the notification asteric not leaving. He at the time just got the XDA files for Priv and was gonna do some testing when he got time. (Also emailed me a second time asking more about Priv and what I have before. Seemed pretty interested in it)
    Responsive devs like this are what keep me coming back to them. Glad to hear the Yaata dev is listening to customers
    CdnBBFan likes this.
    01-23-16 07:51 AM
    OK, I downloaded this... how do you disable the compose new text notification that sits in the tray?

01-23-16 08:37 AM
    OK, I downloaded this... how do you disable the compose new text notification that sits in the tray?

?

01-23-16 09:31 AM
    ?

The icon you see on the lock screen or the box that displays when you pull down from the top of the screen from any other screen.

01-23-16 11:20 AM
    The icon you see on the lock screen or the box that displays when you pull down from the top of the screen from any other screen.

I literally have no idea what you're talking about. Please post a screen shot.

01-23-16 12:48 PM
    Yaata SMS on Priv-24197.jpgSee screenshot.

01-23-16 01:06 PM
434 123 ...