will we ever see a hybrid bb10 with Google services? I can't get into the Priv at all but I need the Google services for the Metatrader app to work to my advantage, I'd honestly be happy with just a new bb10 device in general, this is horrible....

Posted via CB10
    01-17-16 12:40 PM
    01-17-16 12:47 PM
    Chances are slim to none...
    01-17-16 12:49 PM
    will we ever see a hybrid bb10 with Google services? I can't get into the Priv at all but I need the Google services for the Metatrader app to work to my advantage, I'd honestly be happy with just a new bb10 device in general, this is horrible....

Posted via CB10
    Exactly the problem that BB10 has. It isn't going away.
    01-17-16 03:32 PM
    I don't see the point really. If you want a phone with Google Services, get the Priv. If you put Google Services on a BB10 device, it takes away wha most people like about BB10, privacy. And there's nothing wrong with the Priv if you like Google.
    David Tyler, Dodger52 and bigjman like this.
    01-18-16 10:47 AM
    No, there's no chance for the simple reason that drivers are not written for the 808 chipset, and that would cost millions that BlackBerry has no chance in recuperating

Posted via CB10
    05-11-16 07:18 PM
    Drivers
    Possible conflicts between having official Google Support for the PRIV and any new devcies with a forked version of Android.
    Cost to extend support
    Confusion - Hard to sell Android to the NICHE if BB10 is still an option.

Even if all that were somehow rendered mute... just how many units could they hope to move in a year? 200K? 400K? Without major development of BB10, it's usefulness is already waning.
    05-12-16 02:04 PM

Posted via CB10
    How is it that so many people just dont get it? BB!) is freakin dead. to be honest, it was freakin DOA! It was released as an unfinished product that lacked any kind of polish. It was loaded onto unimpressive devices, shunned by developers and abandoned by BB. What does it take for people to get that?
    KonnaDeBuhr likes this.
    05-12-16 02:10 PM
    How is it that so many people just dont get it? BB!) is freakin dead. to be honest, it was freakin DOA! It was released as an unfinished product that lacked any kind of polish. It was loaded onto unimpressive devices, shunned by developers and abandoned by BB. What does it take for people to get that?
    They want something in BLACK and WHITE telling them that it is really over. Which it isn't, as BlackBerry is promising to support BB10 through 2017/2018.... hard to say if that was fiscal years like the release of the new Android devices. So they have hope.

They just don't want to accept that BlackBerry is misleading them with that hope, because they are hoping to sell every last BB10 device for a profit. I think once those devices are finally gone in a few months, and once they see how little has been done to BB10 over the last year when they finally release this much awaited update... a few more will wake up to the reality that BB10 is indeed "over".
    JeepBB likes this.
    05-12-16 02:52 PM
    Which it isn't, as BlackBerry is promising to support BB10 through 2017/2018
    "Support" is not the same as "Development" Support is just keeping it running with nothing new. You need to think "Playbook" here
    05-12-16 09:04 PM
    "Support" is not the same as "Development" Support is just keeping it running with nothing new. You need to think "Playbook" here
    I'm aware of that... I really think these two updates are going to be pretty minimum outside of a few security patches. Not sure we won't see more delays on their release as I doubt they have the staff to take care of the Wack-A-Mole effect with BB10. Update security for Wi-Fi, and Contacts start duplicating, fix contacts and the browser crashes, fix the browser and the runtime won't uninstall apps...

I bet Chen's commitment to BB10 doesn't cost more than 50K a year...
    JeepBB likes this.
    05-13-16 07:54 AM

Posted via CB10
    I would say there is a 1% chance of it happening. It's not as simple as just loading a new OS on a device. BlackBerry seem to be trying the Android route but still keeping bb10 ticking along. You never know, BlackBerry might surprise us all in late 2017 with a bb10 device.

Posted via BlackBerry Leap OS 10.3.2.2839
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    05-27-16 03:05 AM
    Right now Chen focus is geared toward hitting that 3 million android mark. Once that is done then the next plan is try to get android security to BB10 level, but this is were there could be a problem and lead to Blackberry bring back BB10 out of maintenance support.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-16 07:04 AM
    Sirin Labs launches ultra-secure, ultra-expensive Solarin smartphone | ZDNet

I've always kinda wondered why they didn't just drop any notion of competing in the consumer market and go after the very highend security market.

Not saying $15,000 smartphones that maybe only a few thousand would even consider. But a $1,500 Secusmart BlackBerry running BB10 might have been a balance that would have worked. Again the number of users would have been small, but maybe it would have been... enough?

Have to wonder who will be Solarin's largest customer base.... Governments and the Rich, or Criminals and Terrorist?
    06-01-16 07:13 AM
    I think its possible although not in near future. Would love 2 get my hands on it whenever it releases👍
    10-30-16 01:00 AM
    Never in a million years. Idk why BB stopped making devices with BB10, it would feel more classy.
    11-17-16 06:22 AM
    I think its possible although not in near future. Would love 2 get my hands on it whenever it releases👍
    Agreed, I would love to have one. But I don't think there will be another BlackBerry 10 device. It's definitely really secure, but just lacks the Apps.

If they updated the runtime to 6.0 then it's a different ball game, but that's a whole nother conversion

Posted Via BlackBerry Noble OS 10.3.3
    11-19-16 01:23 PM
    I don't see it happening at all...u can go 4 Priv...it is a great device.
    11-28-16 02:19 AM
    I'm a 20 year Linux and Unix veteran I've worked in both Apple and Samsung. I was forced to use both iOS and Android. I bought a priv two weeks ago having used my Passport while working here in Japan. At first i hated it, then I saw what your team did. From the case integration, to overall Android function. It was a dream. Please don't give up. Anyone who moved a mountain was where you are now.
    11-29-16 10:53 PM
    Us BlackBerry people don't need apps. what we need is a work flow device. Priv does a good job, but i do miss my 10 on QNX. I'll take either at this point. Here in Japan people are so shocked at the beauty and functionality even at the apple store where we waited two hours to find out a family member had a hardware issue. They said "oh you're the blackberry guy?" We need to encourage the CEO not to give up on a better product. Apple is great if you want fart apps, Android is not at all great. BlackBerry brought them both together.
    11-29-16 10:58 PM
    Blackberry is not in the business to loose money and BB10 lost Blackberry billions of dollars. The decision has been made and it is time for people to accept it around here in crackberry land.

Posted via CB10
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    12-05-16 09:47 PM
    Never say never
    01-20-17 08:46 AM
    Never say never
    It's been a year since the OP asked this question.... never has gotten a lot closer in that time.
    01-20-17 09:06 AM
    It would be great, BB10 is much more convenient.
    But it seems BlackBerry dont want any experiments now. If they get stronger, we can expect more devices on BB10.
    01-26-17 02:27 AM
    It would be cool if BlackBerry gets its marketing straight, since at the time when BB10 was released it wasn't really successful, was it?

Posted via CB10
    02-10-17 06:54 PM
29 12