Between OS 2.0 vs the newest iOS, my Playbook still rocks, browses just as fast and even supports flash, whereas the iPad is crippingly slow and browsers crash often.
    I think it's a hoot !
    01-12-16 05:53 PM
    Disagree. PlayBook's Web browser cannot compare in terms of speed. Though it has a big advantage because it supports flash. Switching thru apps and closing is so much more efficient in the PlayBook OS compared to the iPad.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-16 06:02 PM
    Congratulations, the Playbook wins the out of production 5 year old tablet War.
    shupor, rbtg, kbz1960 and 7 others like this.
    01-12-16 06:49 PM
    PlayBook is truly the best electronic device mankind has ever created. Truly.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-12-16 06:52 PM
    Super disagree. The iPad is super fluid.
    01-12-16 07:48 PM
    PlayBook is truly the best electronic device mankind has ever created. Truly.
    LOL. In what world?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-12-16 08:00 PM
    Between OS 2.0 vs the newest iOS, my Playbook still rocks, browses just as fast and even supports flash, whereas the iPad is crippingly slow and browsers crash often.
    I think it's a hoot !
    What kind of over powered playbook are you using? Mine is pretty much defunct. Browser won't work at all. I use it as a mouse pad I'm not gonna lie.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and Carl Estes like this.
    01-12-16 08:08 PM
    What kind of over powered playbook are you using? Mine is pretty much defunct. Browser won't work at all. I use it as a mouse pad I'm not gonna lie.

Posted via CB10
    Wow, can get post a picture of that? Maybe we should start a new thread " Alternative uses for PlayBook "
    01-12-16 08:25 PM
    LOL. In what world?
    In the world of the eternal fan of BlackBerry worshipping its current and departed Dear Leaders.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-12-16 09:54 PM
    I'm pretty sure he's talking about the Playbook vs the iPad 2, not the iPad air 2. Which if the Playbook on its second major OS release is better than a 5 year old ipad running a 5th major OS release I wouldn't be surprised. It's amazing that a 5 year old tablet can even run ios9. Put an ios 4 on the ipad 2 (which is what it started with) and the Playbook won't win that battle.

If you are talking about the iPad Air 2 OP then I want some of what you are smoking.
    kbz1960, JeepBB and rbtg like this.
    01-12-16 11:09 PM
    I have PB and ipad mini 2.

Ipad kills the PB. The playbook is slower and can't use hardly any apps. Nothing special about browser. Mini is real fluid and fast. Much better than PB.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-16 11:30 PM
    If you didn't buy a playbook you're not a real blackberry guy

Posted via CB10
    01-13-16 01:53 AM
    My playbook has been an alarm clock for the last two years. It's very good at it.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 O2 UK
    01-13-16 03:59 AM
    To be fair, the PB (in its day) was a fine tablet, and the perfect partner to my Torch. My son used his every day (until Xmas, when he got a Surface Pro) as his supremely-portable browser. The iPad was too big.

But, to try and claim that it's better than an iPad is just crazy-talk. I had an iPad2 and, except for portability, there was never any question of which was "better".
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-13-16 07:44 AM
    I'm pretty sure he's talking about the Playbook vs the iPad 2, not the iPad air 2. Which if the Playbook on its second major OS release is better than a 5 year old ipad running a 5th major OS release I wouldn't be surprised. It's amazing that a 5 year old tablet can even run ios9. Put an ios 4 on the ipad 2 (which is what it started with) and the Playbook won't win that battle.

If you are talking about the iPad Air 2 OP then I want some of what you are smoking.
    You got the point

We have an ipad 2 and my Playbook
    We wanted to watch the Dicaprio / Lady Gaga viral video.

The browser (any one) loaded and crashed on the iPad 2

Worked fine on the playbook though

I obviously am not in denial about the reasons why but it does make one reflect on the obsolescence of even older apple tablets.

Because the iPad 2 had apps which required iOS 9 to keep functioning, we had to upgrade but this thing is slow and clunky now.

And for those who think that buying the newest ipads every 2 yrs is ecological because you aren't wasting paper, you may want to reflect on the consequences of e-waste

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    01-13-16 11:19 AM
    PlayBook browser...fast? Lol I must have a different model than mine. It's take so long to stop checkering any page I bring up

Posted via CB10
    Witmen and JeepBB like this.
    01-13-16 11:27 AM
    What? You're kidding right? You can't even watch YouTube on the PlayBook anymore without a third party browser. At the time it was a great tablet, but the iPad 2 has managed to remain more functional over time.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-16 12:02 PM
    PlayBook browser...fast? Lol I must have a different model than mine. It's take so long to stop checkering any page I bring up

Posted via CB10
    I miss that checker-boarding in the browser, I've never seen it on any other device that I've owned.

As to the iPad 2 being a bit slow with iOS9 on... I'm kind of astonished that anyone should be annoyed with the performance of a very old tablet when running the latest OS that is optimised for processors several generations newer. I'd have been impressed that it ran at all. I think I had iOS 5.1 on mine, which I thought was the latest that particular iPad would support, but maybe things have changed?

Anyway, my iPad2 (with iOS5.1) ran rings around the Playbook browser. The only "win" for the PB was in terms of its near-perfect size.

And, of course, the iPad runs later versions of iOS much faster than the Playbook runs BB10!
    dolco, Rello and donnation like this.
    01-13-16 12:04 PM
    The only thing this thread proves is that lone user testimonials can give just about any result.
    01-13-16 12:18 PM
    Wow, can get post a picture of that? Maybe we should start a new thread " Alternative uses for PlayBook "

Playbook vs iPad 2-img_20160113_144539_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes likes this.
    01-13-16 01:47 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160113_144539_edit.png 
Views:	626 
Size:	365.6 KB 
ID:	387652

Posted via CB10
    Nice Pic, I started that thread like I promised you and the others are welcome to post their.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1058127
    01-13-16 02:25 PM
    Wow have an ipad mini but my playbook sadly cannot compete with the ipad. Browser is horrible even the origami one. It used to be good but not anymore. Just cannot understand why. Despite the fact that the ipad is thinner I just like the playbook better. Speakers are great and the position way better than the ipad.
    Why oh why, BlackBerry......

Posted via CB10
    01-13-16 02:56 PM
    I miss that checker-boarding in the browser, I've never seen it on any other device that I've owned.

As to the iPad 2 being a bit slow with iOS9 on... I'm kind of astonished that anyone should be annoyed with the performance of a very old tablet when running the latest OS that is optimised for processors several generations newer. I'd have been impressed that it ran at all. I think I had iOS 5.1 on mine, which I thought was the latest that particular iPad would support, but maybe things have changed?

Anyway, my iPad2 (with iOS5.1) ran rings around the Playbook browser. The only "win" for the PB was in terms of its near-perfect size.

And, of course, the iPad runs later versions of iOS much faster than the Playbook runs BB10!
    Haha that checkerboarding is ALIVE and WELL on my PlayBook. I have a hard time believing that PlayBook's browser is faster than the iPads lol. Even if it is, it's still not fast by any means lol

Posted via CB10
    01-13-16 05:28 PM
    The PlayBook was not bad when it came out but it has degraded a lot over time.

I am pretty impressed with how BlackBerry fixed the browser by the time BB10 came out though. It was so much slower on the PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-16 05:51 PM
    Origami Browser to the rescue... :-)

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    JeepBB likes this.
    01-13-16 06:31 PM
37 12