Has anyone heard confirmation or rumor if the Priv will be offered on pre-order via TMO?

Want to get it for my son as a birthday present. Thanx.

I got 99 problems. My Blackberry ain't 1.~Z30
    01-08-16 08:13 AM
    Ok I found some links to some Priv support documents in their system, BUT once I log in to my account they either disappear or I get "you do not have permission to view this resource" error message. Clearly it's coming and their system is getting ready, but it's not public yet. Probably got to be on the employee LAN or VPN to see most of the info. Perhaps large enterprise customers will get any early peak BUT regular folks will have to wait.

HOWEVER if you buy from shopblackberry or amazon, those devices WILL work, they DO have band 12 LTE (and the others) and you DO get WiFi calling support.
    01-11-16 12:06 PM
    Ok I found some links to some Priv support documents in their system, BUT once I log in to my account they either disappear or I get "you do not have permission to view this resource" error message. Clearly it's coming and their system is getting ready, but it's not public yet. Probably got to be on the employee LAN or VPN to see most of the info. Perhaps large enterprise customers will get any early peak BUT regular folks will have to wait.

HOWEVER if you buy from shopblackberry or amazon, those devices WILL work, they DO have band 12 LTE (and the others) and you DO get WiFi calling support.
    the only thing that is keeping me from buying direct from bb are all the QC issues the phone seems to have. At least if i buy from tmo getting a new priv will be faster and easier.
    01-11-16 01:15 PM
    the only thing that is keeping me from buying direct from bb are all the QC issues the phone seems to have. At least if i buy from tmo getting a new priv will be faster and easier.
    I only had to swap one phone with TMobile due to a problem with the proximity detector. It went fine. However on Reddit, there are many posts regarding TMobile claiming not to have received phones. All thus far are for iphones, which of course are valuable for spare parts.

I'd be more inclined not to want to deal with sending phones to Tmobile for warranty issues. If BlackBerry ever decides to make a phone I want as an upgrade, I won't get it from TMobile. (Still waiting for an all touch bb10 device like the Z50.)

I've used Sachesi twice for upgrades, but would rather just get them OTA.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-16 07:23 PM

Yeah...I normally buy direct from Blackberry too and the phones function beautifully on TMO, but I cannot afford too with Priv. I need the installment option. Hope my son likes the phone. I will stick with my Z30 for now. I am not sold on Priv for personal use yet.

01-12-16 02:09 AM
    I only had to swap one phone with TMobile due to a problem with the proximity detector. It went fine. However on Reddit, there are many posts regarding TMobile claiming not to have received phones. All thus far are for iphones, which of course are valuable for spare parts.

I'd be more inclined not to want to deal with sending phones to Tmobile for warranty issues. If BlackBerry ever decides to make a phone I want as an upgrade, I won't get it from TMobile. (Still waiting for an all touch bb10 device like the Z50.)

I've used Sachesi twice for upgrades, but would rather just get them OTA.

Posted via CB10
    For now, Z50 is still a unicorn.

01-12-16 02:12 AM
    I had to sell two devices to get the Priv!
    01-12-16 07:56 AM
    The Z50 is a unicorn with a long gray beard. ;-)

(union changed to unicorn)

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by gariac; 01-12-16 at 11:04 PM.
    01-12-16 11:09 AM
    If I was in the market for a Priv I would not buy from T-Mobile until they prove themselves regarding the delivery of monthly updates.
    01-12-16 10:55 PM
    if att is doing it, i would like to hazard a guess and say that tmo will do it as well. on another part of the pre order, i wonder if there will be any kind of promotion around the lauch of this phone on tmo (even though i highly doubt it).
    01-13-16 09:18 AM
    Has anyone heard confirmation or rumor if the Priv will be offered on pre-order via TMO?

Want to get it for my son as a birthday present. Thanx.
    Stupid question, but someone's got to ask it--have you tried contacting a store (corporate, preferably?) This this pertains to sales, this should be something the reps should be able to handle.
    hawklet00 likes this.
    01-13-16 01:57 PM
    Stupid question, but someone's got to ask it--have you tried contacting a store (corporate, preferably?) This this pertains to sales, this should be something the reps should be able to handle.
    When I had inquired with a rep he said, he didn't have a release date for the Priv, but this was after the official 26th announcement went viral on Twitter.
    I figured I just got a common ill informed rep and decided to ask on here.

My son's birthday is the 17th, so it will be a belated gift. He'll be 14. What a cool present at that age. When I was 14 we could look forward to a pager and a roll of quarters for the pay phone. LOL

Jamaa likes this.
    01-13-16 04:40 PM
    When I had inquired with a rep he said, he didn't have a release date for the Priv, but this was after the official 26th announcement went viral on Twitter.
    Are you on social media? If so, maybe you could try asking TMO there? Those reps are supposed to be higher grade.

Worst case, there's always a pen and paper to put together an IOU
    hawklet00 likes this.
    01-13-16 09:59 PM
    My son's birthday is the 17th, so it will be a belated gift. He'll be 14. What a cool present at that age. When I was 14 we could look forward to a pager and a roll of quarters for the pay phone. LOL

I got a rock...
    01-13-16 10:34 PM
    Are you on social media? If so, maybe you could try asking TMO there? Those reps are supposed to be higher grade.

Worst case, there's always a pen and paper to put together an IOU
    Yes, I am on Facebook and have their page checked off. Good idea...I will ask them there!!
    Thanks!!

01-14-16 01:13 PM
    I got a rock...
    Hey, Pet Rocks were all the rage once.

01-14-16 01:14 PM
    01-19-16 12:38 PM
    i didnt see any, but i also didnt look too hard. given their price, im really hoping the price drop that John Chen mentioned will make waiting until the end of Feb worth it.
    01-19-16 01:42 PM
    Yeah...$720.00 at TMO???
    Huh???

Blackberry pricing never changes.

01-19-16 07:46 PM
    Mr Chen's complete ineptitude with carrier relations is mind boggling!!

Finally available on one more US carrier... specs already aging... and the price goes up?

This just keeps getting dumb and dumberer.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-16 08:24 PM
    Mr Chen's complete ineptitude with carrier relations is mind boggling!!

Finally available on one more US carrier... specs already aging... and the price goes up?

This just keeps getting dumb and dumberer.

Posted via CB10
    i dont think im going to blame bb on this one. the blame squarely falls on tmo.
    01-19-16 10:11 PM
    Yeah...$720.00 at TMO???
    Huh???

Blackberry pricing never changes.

BlackBerry priv is a premium device. we want quality, we have to pay for it.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-16 10:16 PM
    Pre-order? Why yes there is. Send your cash or money order made payable to Chuck Finley......USPS General Delivery....

Posted via CB10
    Soapm likes this.
    01-19-16 10:41 PM
    i dont think im going to blame bb on this one. the blame squarely falls on tmo.
    Right... Tmo... who's been lowering prices on just about everything... dropping costly contracts... eliminating roaming charges... forcing other carriers to do the same... is all of a sudden going to RAISE the price of one device?

Maybe? Makes about as much sense as everything else Chen has been spewing of late.

Or... more probably... maybe the ridiculous exclusive he gave big blue (read "same mistakes over and over and over and over again") forced him to raise the price when Tmobile starts to sell it.

Sorry... but carrier relationships are very definitely Chen's responsibility... and if he can't handle it then he's sitting in the wrong chair.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-16 11:24 PM
    I blame Legere and TMo. They know there is high interest in the Priv, so they raised the price.

Chen can only do so much. I don't believe he can mandate the price which carriers sell the Priv for.

It's all guessing though... none of us know what the real deal is.

Posted via the Diva's beautiful Red Passport!
    xRuhRohx and hawklet00 like this.
    01-19-16 11:53 PM
47 12