Sorry if anyone has already asked this.
    I bought my bold cheap 2nd hand and now it's double typing like mad manly on the As and Os or worse completely missing them out altogether rather than go through the messing around of returning the phone and waiting till they ( might) get another one in I would if it's possible fix it myself,ive done the normal stuff like wipe the phone and restore the os but still no joy,if it's a hardware fault rather than a software any suggestions would be appreciated as it's at least to me still a good phone and we'll worth the money I paid for it.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-15 12:49 PM
    I bought my bold cheap 2nd hand and now it's double typing like mad manly on the As and Os or worse completely missing them out altogether rather than go through the messing around of returning the phone and waiting till they ( might) get another one in I would if it's possible fix it myself,ive done the normal stuff like wipe the phone and restore the os but still no joy,if it's a hardware fault rather than a software any suggestions would be appreciated as it's at least to me still a good phone and we'll worth the money I paid for it.

Posted via CB10

It's almost always a hardware / keyboard issue..... Basically you press the key and the little switch thingy clicks twice or more instead of once.
    However, you can sometimes bandaid the issue by changing how fast the system polls the key press.
    By slowing down the polling, you can get it to sort of skip over the extra switch click.
    Try dropping the Keyboard / Key Rate.
    See:
    How to change the keyboard speed on your BlackBerry smartphone | CrackBerry.com

Otherwise, a keyboard change is pretty easy and shown here:
    BlackBerry Bold 9900 repair guide
    12-31-15 01:04 PM
    ^ x2 ^

Just buy a new keyboard and save yourself the frustration, they are very easy to change out.
    DaFoxGrey and anon(8063781) like this.
    12-31-15 01:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    I had bad double letters on my Bold 9780 and I went as far as to order an extra white "paper layer" that is under the keyboard because someone told me swapping that out would solve the problem, but then there was a software update that helped it. I got the keypad "underlay" from ebay years ago, no idea if its still around
    12-31-15 06:03 PM
    ^ x2 ^

Just buy a new keyboard and save yourself the frustration, they are very easy to change out.
    This. Keyboard replacement is so easy on the Bold 9900.
    12-31-15 08:28 PM
    Cheap & easy. I've changed them in 5 minutes while sipping coffee.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00S0L...UvbUpU12183462
    12-31-15 11:11 PM
    Thanks for all your comments,is there any videos on YouTube to show how to replace the keypad? The last thing I want to do is damage my phone.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-16 05:07 AM
    Thanks for all your comments,is there any videos on YouTube to show how to replace the keypad? The last thing I want to do is damage my phone.

Posted via CB10

Tons, just search "Bold 9900 Keyboard" on YouTube.

Like idssteve said, it is a 5 minute job. Very easy.
    anon(916519) likes this.
    01-01-16 06:41 AM
    Tons, just search "Bold 9900 Keyboard" on YouTube.

Like idssteve said, it is a 5 minute job. Very easy.
    Yup - great reference.

1) pull battery
    2) remove the plastic strip at the bottom (taped) w/ plastic pry tool
    3) remove 2 screws, lift out keyboard from bottom and sides w/ plastic pry tool
    4) unplug keyboard connector w/ plastic pry tool
    5) fully plug in new keyboard connector
    6) slide replacement keyboard tabs under screen bezel while seating keyboard in frame
    7) insure flushness to frame and screen
    8) drive screws (no need to overtighten)
    9) replace plastic strip
    10) replace battery
    01-01-16 08:09 AM
    Cheap & easy. I've changed them in 5 minutes while sipping coffee.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00S0L...UvbUpU12183867
    idssteve - is this your source for keypads? I've had 50 / 50 luck so far with replacement keyboards, would be nice to have a reliable source for them.
    01-01-16 08:15 AM
    Thanks guys i,ll give that a go and fingers crossed,i really like the phone and I would hate to have to get rid of it,and thanks to da fox grey who's little switch thingy comment made me chuckle enough to forget my new years hangover,all the best folks for 2016.

Posted via CB10
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    01-01-16 11:44 AM
    idssteve - is this your source for keypads? I've had 50 / 50 luck so far with replacement keyboards, would be nice to have a reliable source for them.
    No, I have no experience with that particular source. I have purchased some from amazon but cant find that source now. My company's IT bought a case of them and we keep a box of them, screws & tools on the break room table.

Our particular application wears paint from keys well before other issues show up. We swap kb about 2 to 4 times per year.

As you can see, myself and 26 coworkers go thru quite a few KBs but we've only had one 9900 exhibit anything like doubletype. It was a recently manufactured 2014, fwiw. I'm not convinced this 9900 had "typical" doubletype, IMO. New KB "fixed" it for about 6 wks then DT returned. One of my smart guys took that 9900 home and performed a "mystery repair" that has worked well for 6 months so far. Unfortunately, he transfered back to his home town on the other side of the planet (Mumbai), before I had a chance to learn what he did.
    01-01-16 06:48 PM
    Keep us posted. I just dusted up my 9900. No double typing issues yet, touch wood.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-01-16 07:26 PM
    Hi folks,just a final update on my bold keyboard issue,i received my new keypad from Amazon on Thursday after fitting it I had exactly the same problems, took it all apart and tried again and the same problem,thankfully it was still under warranty so took it back the shop for a refund,gutted to say the least but now saving up the pennies to hopefully get the classic with ( please)no double typing issues.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-16 07:21 AM
    Bummer but good you could return it. The odds are very much in your favor that you wouldn't get another 9900 with doubletype if you wanted to try another. It's truly VERY rare.

That said, Classic's DT issue has also been largely resolved. Just get latest OS update. True for either device.
    01-10-16 06:25 PM
    Bummer but good you could return it. The odds are very much in your favor that you wouldn't get another 9900 with doubletype if you wanted to try another. It's truly VERY rare.

That said, Classic's DT issue has also been largely resolved. Just get latest OS update. True for either device.
    I'm wondering, what was so difficult to fix the double type issue many months ago? It was so simply - just on software level disable possibility keyboard reaction faster than, let's say 15ms! Human can not click so fast, so it's logical that it would be remove that kind of negative reaction of keyboard!
    01-11-16 01:37 AM
    I'm wondering, what was so difficult to fix the double type issue many months ago? It was so simply - just on software level disable possibility keyboard reaction faster than, let's say 15ms! Human can not click so fast, so it's logical that it would be remove that kind of negative reaction of keyboard!
    Yeah, discrete io filtering is sop across most industries. I'd get pretty grumpy with any of my crew for even attempting to commission controls with inadequate io filter. Lol.

Long running marvel is how long it takes BB to implement the most obvious things... True to form, hardware will be long obsoleted before their software folks get things working like it SHOULD have worked out of the gate. Just as true for QNX as it was for RIM, IMO. Then they actually think they can turn profit on their SOFTware? Lol. Go figure.
    01-11-16 09:23 AM
    No, I have no experience with that particular source. I have purchased some from amazon but cant find that source now. My company's IT bought a case of them and we keep a box of them, screws & tools on the break room table.
    Sorry been gone awhile - thanks!
    02-02-16 10:42 PM
    Yep hope the os updates keep the double typing issues at bay,having worried so much about buying the classic simply because of the double typing I would hate it to return,the classic is without doubt the best phone I've used in a long time and to see multiple letters popping up all over the place would be a slap in the face,fingers crossed it was just my bad luck with the bold 9900

Posted via CB10
    02-03-16 04:04 PM
    occasionally I am getting periods "." in the middle of my sentences and it has to be the space bar, I must be "double clicking" it sometimes.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-05-16 04:22 PM