Using Z10, on Telus, while walking the dog in the UBC Endowment Lands, the phone powers off at the same spot every time. Signal drops to 1or 2 bars then it comes up with a message, "turning off Device".

This usually happens about 100 feet from the PowerLine trail.

This only started to happen in the least two months, the first 2 and 1/2 years it never happened.

The phone is fine everywhere else except 49th and Cambie where it drops calls every time if I have to stop at the light.

Is this Telus, phone or power line interference issues?

Posted via CB10
    12-28-15 02:35 PM
    Aliens!

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    12-28-15 03:25 PM
    12-28-15 03:27 PM
    I have never heard of this issue. That being said you COULD be entering a cellular dead zone, which is messing up the signal, and maybe the radio trying to acquire a signal is causing the phone to reboot?

EDIT: I would start with the provider, your carrier and see if they have any other reports from that area.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-28-15 03:30 PM
    I am actually having dinner tonight with a former X FILES stand in for Agent Mulder (and I am not kidding) . Perhaps he has a theory.

I was actually hoping someone would have said this is a sign the Z10 was failing. Have been waiting for a justification to pick up a Passport SE. May be too late if this Z10 won't die.

Posted via CB10
    KermEd likes this.
    12-28-15 08:00 PM
    Really sounds like a tower issue to me, BUT it could be signs that the device is starting to fail. HOWEVER you should also be seeing restarts and shutdowns in other places too. IF you really want the SE get the SE! Not sure if the sale is still going on but Pre Christmas shopblackberry had some great deals on passports and other BB10 devices (NOT the Priv) and this DID include the SE. Yes just checked still on sale (at least for me in the US) at 499.
    12-29-15 08:12 AM
    Really sounds like a tower issue to me
    I had the same thought actually. It could also be older style towers in some areas where they can't get a permit to update the tower, and it can't handle the hand-off very well. So you might get disconnected between towers.

(not sure if that's a thing, but I made it up and it sounds good)

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    12-29-15 09:37 AM
    If it's getting to "turning off device" and then you turn it back on, check to see if it is not just the battery wearing out. Do a test like a burn-in, by running the camera and recording video from a full charge with all radios off, then see how long it lasts. If it shut off in the middle, then it's definitely the battery.

Never had a device do that to me.

Typed using my BlackBerry Classic running 10.3.2.2876 on WINDmobile HSPA+
    02-23-16 03:16 PM