I have been considering buying BBRY since summer time and once I saw that the Priv was coming out I knew it would help the stock along with what Chen has been doing in all the other areas of the company. Well I see that the stock has almost doubled in the last month. Do you who invest in BBRY see more upside to the stock? If it only runs up to $12 from here I don't see it as a good investment right now, but if it has room to run to $14 or higher I am willing to jump in. I know that with buy back programs, shares usually rise. Couple that what has been going on and what is down the pipeline (rumored), it seems to be looking good. I feel that this stock can go to $20 by the end of 2016 if the hand held division keeps going well. I am bullish for this stock. What do you see? Do you see a run up? I want to know your technical opinion of current investors.
    Thanks in advance. Mike.
    12-23-15 10:52 AM
    I would say it's high risk

700k units sold last quarter, approx 225k of those 3 weeks of Priv sales. Which means, assuming the sales stayed the same for an entire quarter - the best they could hope for is 1million units in a quarter. Bringing them to 4 million units a year.

That is bad for investors who saw Chen recently say if they don't hit 5 million a year they will close the handset division. Additionally this doesn't take into account declining revenue or the fact that the priv is going on sale in Feb to try and increase sales.

The stock value right now is little more than kneejerking reactions. You could buy the stock and very possibly there are lesser factors that will increase the value. But it is unlikely and a high risk gamble in my opinion.

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    12-23-15 10:56 AM
    That 5 million figure may have been calculated based on the last reports ASP, if they sell 4 Million a year and a big chunk of that is from Priv sales, I don't see Chen closing the handset division.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-15 12:04 PM
    That 5 million figure may have been calculated based on the last reports ASP, if they sell 4 Million a year and a big chunk of that is from Priv sales, I don't see Chen closing the handset division.

Posted via CB10
    Prior they had quoted 10 million. They adjusted to the million during their pricing of the priv.

Not sure if they will shutdown handsets or not. But as an investor they said they would based on their own figures, it is what it is. My goal with investments is always to realistically expect a 30 percent profit. Investments like 3M have done well for me. But based on their own words, this one's riskier than I would recommend for others.

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    Last edited by KermEd; 12-23-15 at 01:56 PM.
    12-23-15 01:43 PM

Posted via CB10
    Wallstreet is paying close attention to the software sales for this fiscal year (hardware is irrelevant for them) . The next quarterly report will dictate the pace. I have a feeling the stock can either jump or get cut in half in March. It's a very risky and delicate time at blackberry. 2016 is going to be another roller-coaster year but I see great things in 2017 if they can execute their software plan. All device sales and development will consequently get better after that.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-15 09:14 PM
    Wallstreet is paying close attention to the software sales for this fiscal year (hardware is irrelevant for them) . The next quarterly report will dictate the pace. I have a feeling the stock can either jump or get cut in half in March. It's a very risky and delicate time at blackberry. 2016 is going to be another roller-coaster year but I see great things in 2017 if they can execute their software plan. All device sales and development will consequently get better after that.

Posted via CB10
    I think it was the release and the positive "feel" about the PRIV that has helped the stock to move up (hardware). While I do agree that software is the possible up and coming star for BlackBerry. I do think that if sales, and the PRIV's reception isn't as strong as it seems to be... that investors will react accordingly.

If Chen can quickly grow the software business - organically or buying more companies and thus revenues.... things will improve. If not I really don't think the hardware business has much steam left in it. As for hardware, I'd ignore CrackBerry and go check out some Android sites or specific Carrier forums... that will tell you more about the "interest" that the PRIV is seeing (or not seeing).
    12-28-15 08:20 AM
    Even with you guys great advise, I almost pulled the trigger today. But, with the over all market looking like it is on a downward drift, I didn't buy. I don't think BBRY will be able to go against the downward market, even with the stock buy back program. I will wait to see just before the Priv hits VZW and T-Mobile.
    01-11-16 07:14 PM
    94% at stocktwits dot com (investor site) are bullish. Digging deeper into what they are trying to do with connected cars and providing security for the medical field, they see massive upside. The CEO is kick *** and has really turned the company around (almost) but is not reflected yet in stock price.
    01-12-16 03:39 PM
    What a difference a month makes.....

As many successful investors say.... buy when other are afraid, not when others are buying.
    01-20-16 10:23 AM
    Even with the meltdown, it seems to be keeping around $10. I suspect that's the new break-up valuation number with the addition of Good.
    01-23-16 08:42 PM
    Bbry is below $7.00. I might pull the trigger on Monday if it is a down day. If not I will wait for another blood bath day in stawks to pull the trigger. But the time is near. I'm betting Monday will be an up day for BlackBerry but we shall see.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-16 06:55 AM
    Well I pulled the trigger. BBRY @ $6.68 per share. I will hold for a month and re-evaluate. Slow steady purchases is the way I roll.
    02-15-16 02:33 PM