Seems I'm getting more and more BlackBerry info from Costco these days.. anyway..

So I'm in Costco today checking out and there is an older couple in front of me and the husband is wearing a BlackBerry jacket. Being totally inquisitive about all things BlackBerry I asked him where he got his jacket? "From my son who works at BlackBerry " he says. And quite proud of the fact that he has been there over 12 years through all of the layoffs. Must be pretty high up in the company?

Anyway we started talking and the father said (from the son), That the company was quite happy with the Priv release so far. I didn't quite know how to interpret that without some solid data, so I just acknowledged him and said "great". He did say that there is another phone coming and that it will be released in April. No specifics ie: name, specs etc. Nothing new really but good to hear from another third party.

The next thing he said which was really good to hear was that his son said that everyone at BlackBerry liked John Chen and what he was doing for the company. Company moral is better now than its been in years especially this past year. Heartwarming especially being a BlackBerry shareholder..lol.

So a little Intel gained today ☺. And I will be anxiously awaiting the new phone (Vienna?) in April.

Posted with my Super Happy Fun-time Q5!
    smis, ce71, 00stryder and 5 others like this.
    12-22-15 04:40 PM
    Nice Story, Thanks for sharing.
    Johnny Dollar likes this.
    12-22-15 04:47 PM
    Still holding onto my shares... I was so dumb. Bought all the way up at 12... I called it at 6 but never bit until too late. Then I failed to dump them on the Z10 launch. Ahhh oh well. Long game it is.

Posted via CB10
    croman likes this.
    12-22-15 05:08 PM
    Thanks very sharing, good to hear.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-15 05:11 PM
    Still holding onto my shares... I was so dumb. Bought all the way up at 12... I called it at 6 but never bit until too late. Then I failed to dump them on the Z10 launch. Ahhh oh well. Long game it is.

Posted via CB10
    Lol, same here...

Posted via CB10
    12-22-15 05:47 PM
    Thanks for sharing this. I definitely plan on holding on to my shares. IMO the company will grow in one way or another. I may not recognize it in the future, but the shares might be worth a lot more. it is a gamble.

---
    Xeak

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900.
    12-22-15 06:02 PM
    Seems I'm getting more and more BlackBerry info from Costco these days.. anyway..

So I'm in Costco today checking out and there is an older couple in front of me and the husband is wearing a BlackBerry jacket. Being totally inquisitive about all things BlackBerry I asked him where he got his jacket? "From my son who works at BlackBerry " he says. And quite proud of the fact that he has been there over 12 years through all of the layoffs. Must be pretty high up in the company?

Anyway we started talking and the father said (from the son), That the company was quite happy with the Priv release so far. I didn't quite know how to interpret that without some solid data, so I just acknowledged him and said "great". He did say that there is another phone coming and that it will be released in April. No specifics ie: name, specs etc. Nothing new really but good to hear from another third party.

The next thing he said which was really good to hear was that his son said that everyone at BlackBerry liked John Chen and what he was doing for the company. Company moral is better now than its been in years especially this past year. Heartwarming especially being a BlackBerry shareholder..lol.

So a little Intel gained today ☺. And I will be anxiously awaiting the new phone (Vienna?) in April.

Posted with my Super Happy Fun-time Q5!
    Great moral does not equal sales... get your team on side AND with a true BB product like the old days would.
    01-23-16 07:19 PM