Is it worth it to get a bold on tmo's service?
    Will everything work like it should?
    I know the 3g wont work but how much slower will it be?

Thanks Steve
    11-29-08 06:05 PM
    Yes it is, I have it and works like a charm. Def get it
    11-29-08 07:00 PM
    I was a little skeptical myself, but got a Bold about a month ago and running on TMo USA.
    I have had no issues, works great and glad I made the decision to get it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-08 07:08 PM
    get it .....
    11-29-08 08:57 PM
    No issues with WiFi or UMA on Tmobile?
    11-29-08 09:08 PM
    You will not have UMA, It's requires a specific chip set that T-mo uses. Wi-Fi works fine.
    11-29-08 09:21 PM
    Thanks guy i will def. get one, ive been through 3 phones since owning my last BB Curve in oct. i had the g1 which sucked bad, an iphone which i like but need a keyboard. Now i have an samsung epix and it cool but i really want the Bold
    11-29-08 10:30 PM
    it is definitely worth it, surprisingly the EDGE network is pretty fast and i love it!
    11-29-08 11:12 PM
    I agree with all the sentiments, you will not be disappointed at all!
    11-30-08 12:34 AM
    Had the bold on my Tmobile account for about a month, but then I switched officially to ATT since I didnt have 3G, GPS and UMA didnt work....

That and my TMO contact was over

Should you get the bold just for TMO? Heck ya! The functionallity and speed is awesome
    11-30-08 09:30 AM
    Thanks guy i will def. get one, ive been through 3 phones since owning my last BB Curve in oct. i had the g1 which sucked bad, an iphone which i like but need a keyboard. Now i have an samsung epix and it cool but i really want the Bold

It looks like you keep getting at&t phones to use on T-mobile. Why don't you just switch to at&t, you get better coverage, discounted prices on phones and warranty and option for insurance. Then you wouldnt have to worry if the internet is working, and also you wouldnt waste any more money on unlocked/jailbroken phones.
    11-30-08 09:43 AM
    let's get this straight: T-mobile network is way too slow compared to ATT's 3G,I have t-mobile and the only way to get the phone to be fast is to use wifi,then you have a fast phone!!!!!!,other than that the BOLD is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!
    11-30-08 12:07 PM
    You know I too found that my EDGE connection on my Bold is quite fast too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-08 02:04 PM
    It looks like you keep getting at&t phones to use on T-mobile. Why don't you just switch to at&t, you get better coverage, discounted prices on phones and warranty and option for insurance. Then you wouldnt have to worry if the internet is working, and also you wouldnt waste any more money on unlocked/jailbroken phones.
    Simple!
    T-Mobile has better plans with the lack of good phones lol
    11-30-08 04:14 PM
    3G works in other countries on unlocked bold w tmobile... and yes it is true Edge on the bold w tmobile is definitely faster than edge on other blackberries. the bold's processer is simply faster!
    03-24-09 03:04 PM
    Is T-mobile a GSM company?
    03-24-09 03:08 PM
    Is T-mobile a GSM company?
    Yes. They use the same 2G bands as Rogers and AT&T, but different 3G bands (1700/2100 to 900/1800).

I've had the Bold for two days now using T-Mobile USA. It's been the best phone I've used thus far. I have unlimited domestic voice service so UMA isn't a concern, though I still get all the benefits of using my BlackBerry via WiFi when I'm in an area of poor or non-existent reception. I'll unfortunately have to wait until I'm in Europe or Asia again to get 3G coverage but I can live without that for now, given T-Mobile's great service and pricing. Plus, I got mine from an EU carrier so I just leave 3G turned off while I'm in America.
    03-24-09 03:28 PM
    any former Verizon BB users that switched to the BOLD on tmobile? I really want the Bold and tmobile has really good contract pricing compared to Verizon but I just dont know that you can beat Verizons reception. Any info would be appreciated.
    01-14-10 11:56 PM
    bold physically is my favorite phone. i love the form factor of it. I just hate the way the battery door and latch are designed. epic fail.
    01-15-10 03:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD