I'm here to ask people's opinion on the user experience of BES12 and Secure Work Space on the Priv. I know there are some similarly titled forums but those focus on the technical side. I am just a guy that uses his phone a lot for work and my company uses BES12 (and on Android requires us to use Secure Work Space). I just want to have the best experience and be as efficient as possible.

Currently I have a Z30. I love the user experience of BES12 on a BB10 phone. Everything is integrated into the OS. My work emails are in the hub, my work contacts are in my contacts app and my work events are in my calendar and hub. When I want the work space locked I can easily lock it by dragging down from the top and pressing the padlock. I never use my Work Space screen because I find no advantage to it as all my work stuff is integrated in the main screen.

I have tried the Priv for a few days running BES12. Nothing was integrated with the OS. Basically it forces you to separate personal and work with all work stuff being segregated in Secure Work Space. To make this situation as good as possible I switched the quick shortcut for device search to the Work Space app. Therefore I could swipe up and to the left from anywhere and I would be at my Work Space. I also created some widgets in my Work Space for emails and calendar so I could see a view of each as soon as I swiped up and to the left.

Another annoying thing (but not as important of an issue) was with my work stuff being segregated, it made the Productivity Tab useless for me. However it would be very useful if all my work information was in there.

That all being said, I know I won't have my Z30 forever and there is little chance of a BB11 OS coming so I will likely have to migrate to Android at some point in the future and I just love what BlackBerry offers as far as swiping up to type so the Priv seems like a logical choice.

I'm wondering what other Priv BES12 users think. I'm eager to hear of any tips and tricks for using BES12 as effectively as possible on the Priv.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by danielb_05; 12-23-15 at 02:22 PM.
    12-12-15 12:21 PM
    Hot topic...

Posted via CB10
    12-22-15 09:40 PM
    I doubt there is going to be very many people using the Priv in BES12, my companies plan changed from BB to Samsung phones a couple years ago, so for them to switch to another device so soon (let alone another android device) is going to be slim. I'll bet a lot of companies are like that. If theres a game changing feature than maybe, but as the phone is still under 2 months old - I don't foresee there being a large enough enterprise user base to give you constructive feedback. There might be a handful of people that don't even browse the forums.
    12-22-15 09:59 PM
    We are activating 100 plus priv's this week with BES 12. Although we are launching with silver license first so no SWS.

Let's see how this goes.

Sent from my ‪ Passport ‪
    12-22-15 10:22 PM
    It will be interesting to see how the activations go.

I'd probably be the first one in my company using a Priv (even though we have thousands of employees). We have a BYOD program and the Priv is an approved device.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-15 02:21 PM
    I'm on our test BES12 server, since we only use BB10 on the production server for now. I'm also connected to our MaaS360 MDM solution at the same time. Interesting to compare the two offerings simultaneously on the same device.
    12-23-15 03:04 PM