Hi! This is really a last ditch effort in an attempt to save my Q10. It is the one equipped with the Arabic keyboard. I have tried over and over to get the BlackBerry people to help me but it's just impossible. Well, BlackBerry won't help AT ALL and the persons on the forums have exhausted all efforts.

I mention the Arabic keyboard as this happened the week before the Paris incident and I keep wondering if my phone was possibly remotely accessed and now I'm locked out.

This is the issue:

The week before:

• My phone's contents got pulled into a cloud right before my eyes. I tried to stop it by pulling the battery out but I don't think I was fast enough (I don't care, I only used the phone a handful of times... nothing worth looking at).
    • Upon turning it back on it wouldn't boot up. Plugged it into computer and have been fussing with it ever since.
    • Phone WILL turn on.
    • Displays the image of a phone --> USB ---> computer
    • Computer indicates that software on phone is up to date.
    • It is completely impossible to get anything on the screen other than the word "BlackBerry" to flash and that image to pop up. NOTHING else will work.
    • I have

tried every single thing that I've been advised to do (hard resets, reload phone, delete and reload, just absolutely everything.

RIGHT NOW it is plugged in via USB to computer and green light is lit on the phone. Battery is out. Screen is black.

I know this presents quite a challenge (maybe... who knows ... perhaps there's a super wizard in here that will help me)! I'm really stunned that BlackBerry refuses to help me. It's sad as I do think that's why they've basically lost a grip on market share... no way to get customer service.

Phone is 7 months old. Unlocked.

Thank you very much. I HOPE someone can help me out.

Karen :-(
    12-01-15 01:45 PM
    Sounds like a strange series of events, could water have gotten in? I've seen many devices do odd ball things due to a bit of moisture.

Maybe place phone on a zip lock bag with rice for 24 hours?

Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-15 03:27 AM
    If you don't follow up on your previous post, at least, give the link to it :
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1045777

I'm not sure I understand though, the story changed... ?! We still don't know if you reload the OS (In Link's preferences, not a factory reset). Let the battery in for this step.

If it doesn't work (and you will describe the error), we'll use an autoloader (and give you the process at that time).

Nothing to worry about your keyboard by the way...
    12-02-15 06:01 AM