Been using BB10 phones for the last 3 years and absolutely love the OS. Used iphones and androids before moving to BB10. Had the Z30 for about 2 years and leap for the last 10 months or so.

When Priv got released, after much deliberation, bought one and sold it after 4 days. Great hardware but I cannot stand android.

Being a phone addict, I need a new device now - leaning towards Lumia 950 which looks good. But the recent review for the W10 OS is not that great - many issues like heating up, in stable OS, lack of apps etc making me think twice.

So should I buy the passport SE? My only worry is I have never used a PKB in my life. Not sure whether i could ever get used to it. Has anyone switched to PP as a first time PKB user? comments?
    11-24-15 05:52 PM
    Go here -- .http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1046723

So many people have returned the Priv and went back to Passport.
    11-24-15 06:23 PM
    I've always used full touch screen phones ie iphone and Z10, recently I am using the passport, and ofcourse it's taking time, but I am slowly getting used to it and am actually loving it. You will start to appreciate the quality of the device. There isn't another device to match this. I am also noticing I am getting quicker with the typing. If you want apps, then don't go for this, it's more of a work phone. In my case if I don't have the app then there is always the browser to use. Good luck and hope you are able to make your decision. If you decide to go for the passport I will say this - you'll think why you didn't get it earlier.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-15 06:27 PM
    Well you came to the right place.

I'm a long time BlackBerry user and got the Z10 when it first came out and that was my first dealings with a full touch screen phone and that took a long while to get used to.

I then switched to the Passport earlier this year and it took me about a week to get used to the width of the phone with the keyboard. Most people on the forums say it takes about 2-4 days to get used to it.

One of my coworkers just came from android and iphones to the passport late last week and he's sitting beside me right now saying it was the best decision for him to move to bb10 and a pkb. He loves the keyboard and he is saying he can now type without looking.

Posted via my Passport
    Jrox74 likes this.
    11-24-15 06:27 PM
    Get the Passport. Then you'll be like "why doesn't everyone have this phone, it's freaking awesome!"
    11-24-15 09:08 PM
    My SE is my first Blackberry and first phone with a pkb. I am now completely hooked and cannot see myself going back to a virtual kb, let alone another OS. I type slightly slower but almost never make mistakes - which evens things out. I also find myself looking forward to typing on it and even spell complete words just for kicks. If BB stops making the PP I will be devastated. I've been using cell phones for 22 years and I've finally found both a phone and OS that I absolutely LOVE.
    so crow likes this.
    11-24-15 09:44 PM
    Use the keyboard. Don't be discouraged when you first use it. You will get faster and eventually fly.

Passport is my first PKB device and I've been with it a year now.
    11-24-15 11:40 PM
    Go with the passport, I've tried the priv and it doesn't compete in my personal opinion.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport.
    11-24-15 11:46 PM
    Get the Passport. It's better than the Priv.
    11-24-15 11:54 PM
    I had two Bolds before allowing a big, bright screen to lure me into the seedy underbelly of Android. After a year of disappointment ("What..? No blinking red light?? I don't have control over app permissions??") and frustration ("I really, really hate this virtual keyboard!!"), I threw in the towel and bagged a new Bold 9900. I used it until the Z10 came out -- I bought one at the AT&T Store the day it was available. I loved BlackBerry 10 and totally taken by the BlackBerry take on a virtual kb. I got tired of waiting for OS updates with an AT&T-locked device, though, so after a year, I bought an unlocked Z30 from ShopBlackBerry. I loved it, too, especially using Blend. The BlackBerry 10 virtual kb is fantastic, but I couldn't get AT&T's LTE signal most places, including where I live. A colleague of mine loved BBM on his iPhone so much, he decided to get a Passport SE to Blend with his work PC. After getting some hands on with his, I sprung for my own. I LOVE IT! I actually enjoy the Passport SE pkb more than I did the Z30 virtual, and that's a high bar. I now carry two devices with pkb -- the SE and a Bold. I love to use the Bold, and I can still fly with it, but nothing -- NOTHING -- beats the SE pkb for me!

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    11-25-15 12:07 AM
    How can you have had the Leap for 10 months or so? Do you work for BlackBerry and got an internal demo unit? If not, then no. The Leap isn't even out for 8 months, let alone 10 months.

But get the PP, you'll love it!

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 01:31 AM
    Bought my first BB10 Passport a little over a year ago. Never had a qwerty PKB before nor have I had BB10 before. When I got the Passport typing on it was second nature. So what advice can I give you? Embrace two handed typing. Coming from VKBs you might be used to swiping/typing using one hand. Once you have embraced two handed typing, don't think too much and everything will come second nature. You will love typing in the passport's keyboard. I recently (just last week) bought a Passport SE and am loving the keyboard even more.

Some additional tips, since the Passport is actually a combination of PKB and VKB swiping down on the PKB will pull up the VKB, numeric first then symbols next. Swipe down again to make it collapse.

Swipe up on the PKB to auto complete a word. Although, I find it better to type the whole words, typing whole words allow me to type without looking at the keyboard or the screen, very very useful when taking down notes in a meeting. This is one skill that I initially thought was BS by PKB loyalist but I guess I stand corrected.
    11-25-15 05:49 AM
    I love my passport SE I find myself using It more than my Priv, using the SE keyboard is easy you will get used to it after a couple of hours

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 06:36 AM
    Being a Passport owner but I would recommend OP getting started with the Classic for best PKB experience. The Passport is superior for reading while the Classic is IMO prefered if comfortable typing is top priority.

Posted via CB10/BB PP SE.
    11-25-15 07:42 AM
    Get the Passport SE without a doubt. You will love it!

  
    11-27-15 03:31 AM