Hi everyone,

I'm certain someone has installed tracking software on my BlackBerry Z10. Is there a way to locate the software on the phone? If not, if I return it to factory settings, will that delete the software?

Just wondering about the best way to eliminate it. I'd like proof that it's there ideally, but the most important thing is to get rid of it.

Thank you

PS I know I sound paranoid but I'm dealing with an abusive spouse.
    11-22-15 10:07 PM
    Hi everyone,

I'm certain someone has installed tracking software on my BlackBerry Z10. Is there a way to locate the software on the phone? If not, if I return it to factory settings, will that delete the software?

Just wondering about the best way to eliminate it. I'd like proof that it's there ideally, but the most important thing is to get rid of it.

Thank you

PS I know I sound paranoid but I'm dealing with an abusive spouse.
    Sorry to hear about this. Step One: forget about the phone and protect yourself. Your safety from your abusive spouse comes first. Then with respect to the device you're gonna most likely gonna want to reset to factory settings and set up as new. Change your BBID as you could get tracked through BlackBerry Protect if the spouse is logging in under your BBID. For the price of a Z10...I'd order a new one, get a new SIM, and if you're on the spouses plan, get off. Good luck...
    11-22-15 10:13 PM
    Go to protect.blackberry.Com. log in with your bbid and check it there. If you have full control, great. If not, then someone else might have it under their control.

That is the only way to track it.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-22-15 10:14 PM
    If someone was able to install software on your device, then BlackBerry Protect is not the only way to track you. If you don't have a device password, it is easy to guess, or someone else knows it then someone may have installed this kind of software.

Something else to consider, however, is who is the person that controls your carrier account. Most carriers provide some form of parental or other monitoring facilities to the person who is listed as controlling the account. This can include location tracking, monitoring calls, etc. Only your carrier can tell you about this, if they won't, then you may not be the person who has authority.

First change your BlackBerry ID password, use a good password but make sure you won't forget it, and no one else can find out what it is. Write it down if you must, but in a safe place.

Put a password on the device if you don't already have one, or change it if you do. Same advice as for your BlackBerry ID.

Delete most if not all of your third party applications and data from device memory. More free memory will make the security wipe during factory reset go much faster and get you back up sooner.

Now do a factory reset. If you have a backup and want to restore data afterwards only do a partial restore. Don't restore any applications, you could end up restoring the tracking software.

Good luck.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2639
    11-23-15 07:21 AM
    Sorry to hear about this. Step One: forget about the phone and protect yourself. Your safety from your abusive spouse comes first. Then with respect to the device you're gonna most likely gonna want to reset to factory settings and set up as new. Change your BBID as you could get tracked through BlackBerry Protect if the spouse is logging in under your BBID. For the price of a Z10...I'd order a new one, get a new SIM, and if you're on the spouses plan, get off. Good luck...
    Are you a lawyer ???

Posted via CB10
    11-23-15 08:03 AM
    Are you a lawyer ???

Posted via CB10
    Nope, no lawyer here. Just some friendly advice while the OP was looking for "Phone Advice" she mentioned an abusive situation. My point was to first, protect yourself and then protect your phone. That was all.
    11-24-15 11:03 PM
    Thank you so much for writing back to me. I have left him and am safe right now. I know he's logging into my BlackBerry Protect (I check the date and times of the last time it was executed regularly) but I couldn't figure out how he's finding out the password since I change it frequently and only log-in from a computer or my work phone. Last time I changed it, Protect hadn't been executed since it was changed. But I logged in on my personal phone by accident, and suddenly the next day Protect started to show successful view location executions again. And these executions always line up with a time that he would want to know where I am, like when I'm on my way to drop off our son with him or a couple of minutes before calls me. It's creepy.

If I get a new phone, can I safely transfer anything from the old one?
    11-25-15 08:44 PM
    Thank you so much for writing back to me. I have left him and am safe right now.

I know he's logging into my BlackBerry Protect (I check the date and times of the last time it was executed regularly) but I couldn't figure out how he's finding out the password since I change it frequently and only log-in from a computer or my work phone. Last time I changed it, Protect hadn't been executed since it was changed. But I logged in on my personal phone by accident, and suddenly the next day Protect started to show successful view location executions again. And these executions always line up with a time that he would want to know where I am, like when I'm on my way to drop off our son with him or a couple of minutes before calls me. It's creepy. I think he must have some keystroke tracking software installed. When we were together, he would regularly take my phone and install apps for me.

11-25-15 08:49 PM
    This guy sounds like a real psycho. I would actually recommend you disable blackberry protect. Yes, if you lose your phone it will suck, but it's a smaller issue.

You can transfer everything fine, he won't be able to install a keylogger on your blackberry, there is no real need for a new device.

You may want to do regular backups on PC, they are encrypted anyway, and just disable protect altogether.

As for keyloggers on your desktop, that's possible. Not much you can do about it either if it's well hidden. Keep changing your passwords often, do it from your device. Password keeper is also encrypted and you can back up your storage online, be careful he doesn't log in as you on a device and download your password backup (he'd need your password anyway).

And finally, use picture password, it's probably the safest screen lock.

Good luck.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-25-15 09:16 PM
    Question is what tracking software. I've looked for some and hadn't found any. He must be doing it another way. Are you syncing accounts in anyway?

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 09:51 PM
    Thank you so much for writing back to me. I have left him and am safe right now.

I know he's logging into my BlackBerry Protect (I check the date and times of the last time it was executed regularly) but I couldn't figure out how he's finding out the password since I change it frequently and only log-in from a computer or my work phone. Last time I changed it, Protect hadn't been executed since it was changed. But I logged in on my personal phone by accident, and suddenly the next day Protect started to show successful view location executions again. And these executions always line up with a time that he would want to know where I am, like when I'm on my way to drop off our son with him or a couple of minutes before calls me. It's creepy. I think he must have some keystroke tracking software installed. When we were together, he would regularly take my phone and install apps for me.

All you really need to do with the BlackBerry is a factory reset. Delete as much as you can ahead of time to make it go faster then just install what you want. Once that is done change your Protect/BBID password using the BlackBerry and don't log on to any BBID service using your PC until you get it cleaned out. You don't need to go to a new phone.

Cleaning your PC will probably require a format and re-install and start again with it.
    11-26-15 12:33 PM