Hello, has anyone had success in using a Nano sim adapter in their Z30? I'm smacking my lips at a Priv, but I want to be able to swap back and forth. Anything to watch out for in purchasing a sim card adapter?

Thanks!

Posted via  Z30 (OS 10.3.2.2789)
    Last edited by XxWile_E_CoyotexX; 11-22-15 at 09:42 PM.
    11-22-15 09:31 PM
    Don't do it.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-15 09:43 PM
    Don't do it.

Posted via CB10
    Please explain?

11-22-15 09:45 PM
    Please explain?

It's tremendously easy to make one wrong little move and have the tray pins catch on the gap between the adapter and the nano sim. After that, prepare for a lot of frustration and possible damage. The Z10 style tray you might get away with it but the more enclosed Z30 spring tray...just say no please.

Friendly advice from someone who went through this.
    XxWile_E_CoyotexX likes this.
    11-23-15 07:07 PM
    It's tremendously easy to make one wrong little move and have the tray pins catch on the gap between the adapter and the nano sim. After that, prepare for a lot of frustration and possible damage. The Z10 style tray you might get away with it but the more enclosed Z30 spring tray...just say no please.

Friendly advice from someone who went through this.
    Thanks. Damn.

11-24-15 01:11 PM
    It's not all THAT bad. I have a 3-1 SIM card from WIND that came with adapters built in. I used the standard size on my 9810 and the micro SIM on the Z10. I have also tried the nano SIM on my friend's iPhone. Basically you peel out the outer layers you don't need and fit them together for what you DO need. Anyhow, that being said, I don't swap out my SIM that often so I don't have any issues with SIM slot contact pins bending (I suppose it could if you swap out often). But the thing you want to watch is that the SIM adapter pieces should be snug and tight fitting and absolutely flat. If the pieces aren't flat, you can get into contact/pin problems. I wouldn't personally hesitate to try one. But be careful inserting and extracting your SIM (SLOWLY) and you should be fine. If you do run into problems, use an actual pin (clothes, poke poke type pin) on the SIM slot pins to lift them up off the SIM contacts and you can extract it.
    11-24-15 01:24 PM
    I will echo Sparksx. I damaged my z10 sim tray trying to go back and forth with my nano-simmed Passport. I was extra careful as I had read all about this problem. Even though I successfully changed several times, one day I was just careless and bingo, sim was stuck in my z10. There are many other threads here on CB with recommendations on which adapter to buy etc., but if you are careless you will damage your phone.
    Sparksx likes this.
    11-24-15 01:28 PM
    Yeah, I was not trying to imply it would be impossible. It's just a huge bummer if that happens. I'm still trying to find a place to fix my Z30's sim tray.
    11-24-15 01:45 PM
    I nuked my z30 that way...
    Luckely it is a spare phone cause my pp rules.

Ordered a new simslot and will try to solder it
    Just don't do it...
    Like really don't do it....

Posted via CB10
    Sparksx likes this.
    11-24-15 01:53 PM
    Yeah it is easy and cheap to get a new sim card tray on e-bay but totally another beast to solder that thing on your motherboard without damaging things even worse. I know if you have skill and the right tools that you can do it, but I am WAAAAAY to shaky to perform that operation ha ha.
    11-24-15 02:09 PM
    Kevin Muchaluk gave advice for the Z10 a long time ago. Lie on your back, with Z10 above you. Gravity keeps the SIMM in place in the tray.

Don't know about the Z30. Also don't switch around a lot.

All Hail Thorsten. Mother and Father of my Beloved Z10.
    11-24-15 03:03 PM
    Yeah it is easy and cheap to get a new sim card tray on e-bay but totally another beast to solder that thing on your motherboard without damaging things even worse. I know if you have skill and the right tools that you can do it, but I am WAAAAAY to shaky to perform that operation ha ha.
    Tell me about it. I really like my Z30 and want to get it fixed, but I can't seem to find a place/service that will do it.
    11-25-15 12:13 AM