I know this isn't Priv specific but hopefully you'll let me get away with it because it's something I want to do on my Priv.

I have my own domain and e-mail and use POP on all devices desktop, laptop, ipad, phone. I want to be able to add folders so on my Priv I can move important e-mails to specific folders 'invoices' for example.

How is it best to do this please? What mail format should I use and how would I set up the folders? Would I need to do it through cpanel on a desktop and would they be folders or inboxes?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-22-15 04:09 AM
    Hmm. They say to not answer a question with a question. But, why POP3? It is an older protocol, after all. Can you switch to Exchange instead?

Multiple options available with Exchange. In particular, if you add an account to ANY device, all your Calendar, Contacts, Tasks and Emails will sync to ALL devices. Hence the folder question would be easy, too.

I used Office 365, with my own domain (naviwilliams.com), and thus sync everything easily.
    11-22-15 01:46 PM
    I don't believe POP supports folders in the way you're hoping.

POP emails are downloaded and stored locally. There is nothing that syncs back to the server. You could theoretically have a different set of folders on each device you're connecting.

Using IMAP or Exchange connections, like mentioned above, synchronizes email, contacts, calendar, notes, tasks, AND folders. So unless you have a really good reason for sticking with POP, I among most others would highly suggest switching protocols.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android... on my Priv!
    11-22-15 02:22 PM
    You can get a Microsoft Exchange 365 account and configure it for your own domain for approximately USD5.00 per month. I use this for my professional email. For my personal email a simple IMAP IDLE account for the cost of a small annual donation to the nonprofit is sufficient. Both accounts receive messages instantaneously.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    11-22-15 07:36 PM