I noticed that I would have to peel off the sticker that covers where the battery rests, to expose the keyboard screws.

Does it serve any function other than showing where the battery is supposed to be?

Posted via CB10
    11-20-15 01:36 AM
    Don't think so.

Forgive my typos, I don't look when I type
    11-20-15 03:44 AM
    I would just peel off a little bit of the sticker so you can access the screws, then flatten it out and put back in place when done.

Posted via CB10
    skstrials likes this.
    11-20-15 07:33 AM
    I would just peel off a little bit of the sticker so you can access the screws, then flatten it out and put back in place when done.

Posted via CB10
    This. It's been a while since I took mine apart, but the sticker may include some electromagnetic shielding. Also, make sure you're careful with that gold foil sticker inside. It needs to go back in place too.
    FCSC and skstrials like this.
    11-20-15 08:26 AM
    I did not put the sticker back and all was working great!

Posted via CB10
    11-20-15 03:58 PM
    If it was me I would carefully remove the sticker and replace when assembling it. It's there for a purpose.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BerryRipe; 11-20-15 at 10:28 PM.
    11-20-15 05:29 PM
    Out of topic.. anyone can give me a good schematic for the Q10? The one I found wasn't really done

CB10�Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2639
    11-20-15 05:37 PM
    When I replaced the keyboard in my Q10 I didn't replace the sticker. I never had any problems without it, but I always wonder why BlackBerry would have included the copper sticker (or at least that's what it looked like) for no reason... It had to have served some purpose.

Posted via the BlackBerry Venice
    11-22-15 01:34 AM
    When I replaced the keyboard in my Q10 I didn't replace the sticker. I never had any problems without it, but I always wonder why BlackBerry would have included the copper sticker (or at least that's what it looked like) for no reason... It had to have served some purpose.

Posted via the BlackBerry Venice
    Someone here was having problems with signal strength after reassembling their Q10 last year, and attributed it to failing to replace the copper tape. It's probably just as likely that they damaged something when working on the phone, so it's definitely not certain that the missing copper tape was the cause.

If you look it up, copper tape is used for electromagnetic shielding, so it's worth putting it back for operational reasons (to minimize interference). I like to keep the EM levels near my head down too, because sometimes I forget to wear my tinfoil hat.
    CarGuy1368 likes this.
    11-22-15 07:55 AM
    If you look it up, copper tape is used for electromagnetic shielding, so it's worth putting it back for operational reasons (to minimize interference). I like to keep the EM levels near my head down too, because sometimes I forget to wear my tinfoil hat.
    Good thing I'm not using my Q10 anymore
    11-22-15 07:53 PM
    I peeled it carefully when I changed the bezel. It was put there for a reason. Just be careful and it will peel fine.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-15 08:16 PM
    I peeled it carefully when I changed the bezel. It was put there for a reason. Just be careful and it will peel fine.

Posted via CB10
    exactly, if it weren't necessary, Blackberry wouldn't have spent the extra money to use copper instead of just a regular sticker....
    11-23-15 10:33 AM
    Yes, as others have stated, shielding. How effective is another debate.

HOWEVER, if you do put the tape back, make certain it is properly in place. On one of my Q's, I didn't put it flat, and it ended up touching something else that caused a number of issues - so much the phone was unusable. Until I again disassembled the phone and put the sticker flat. Then all was good.
    11-24-15 07:17 PM
    Yes, as others have stated, shielding. How effective is another debate.

HOWEVER, if you do put the tape back, make certain it is properly in place. On one of my Q's, I didn't put it flat, and it ended up touching something else that caused a number of issues - so much the phone was unusable. Until I again disassembled the phone and put the sticker flat. Then all was good.
    Always fun to realize you did something wrong after putting the phone back together... that was me a few days ago when I replaced my housing and somehow my bottom mic didn't work...

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 09:57 PM