Hello Everyone,

I've been quietly lurking around here for the past few months and finally decided to get a Bold. I had a curve, but leaned against a bar while it was in my pocket and the screen bled...so, on to the bold.

Just curious if anyone could suggest a good case for the phone. I don't care for holster cases and used the case that came with my Curve with no problems (other than the stitching on the inside scratching the screen a bit). I've read about the screen scratching easily and the chrome rubbing off in a few other threads, and want get something for protection.

Of course, AT&T branded Bolds don't come with much (no case, SD card, etc) so I'm stuck looking for a new one.

I was considering one from fortte that resembles the old OEM leather slip case, but thought I'd see if anyone had experience with other cases...(i'd post the URL, but am a new user so can't...)

Thanks in advance for any help and for all the great info on these forums.

Best
    11-28-08 05:39 PM
    youre bold should have come with that leather case.
    but to answer your question, i have a seidio innocase and i love it.
    11-28-08 06:56 PM
    My att came with the leather holster thing as the poster said above.
    I dont like it - so I got the invisible shield and got the BB Skin for it.
    11-28-08 07:01 PM
    The Bold like the 8100,8110, 8120, 8310 and I think 88XX series came with a Leather case/holster.. The only curve that I know that did not come with was the 8300 *my first BB*.

I just use a regular oem Skin Case for my bold and I did that with my Curves *8300 and 8310*...

Charlie
    11-28-08 07:02 PM
    thanks for the responses guys.

I'm still waiting for mine to arrive, though was on the phone with ATT who informed me that the phone only comes with an AC adapter, a USB cable, a wired headset, a software CD, and reference material.

I'm also rather worried that the leather case/holster will scratch my screen like my curve's case did...

@ Charlie: does the skin fit well or loosely around the "chrome" trim?
    11-28-08 07:35 PM
    I'll toss in another vote for the Seidio Innocase and Holster.

However, the AT&T Bold does ship with an OEM leather holster. I haven't noticed any problems with scratching the screen, but if that is a great concern of you, get some kind of screen protector.
    11-28-08 10:05 PM
    I might be interested in getting the Seidio Innnocase and Holster combo, but i have a few questions.
    The first is i heard from others the Innocase is almost a one time use device meaning once its on, if u attempt to take it off the tabs never lock again - is this true ? When put together correctly does it contain gaps and come apart easily ? Secondly, other than getting the combo directly from Seidios site, where else can i get it ?

Thanks
    Pete
    11-28-08 11:25 PM
    You were probably told by the ATT rep that it didn't come with the case because he was probably reading it off the box and it doesn't say that it includes a case even though it does.
    11-28-08 11:42 PM
    I'm not too hot on the fortte, which I bought and used it for one day. OK case if you disable the side convenience keys, IMO. Here's a few threads I've see or posted on as well...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/slim-case-bold-75665/

Seidio
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/sei...se-bold-98547/

more: http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/lig...ry-bold-80945/

more: http://forums.crackberry.com/f120/le...ckberry-95600/ this one is the one I'm using but still mostly using the OEM RIM sleeve after all.

There was another good one I just can't find right now... In the 9000 forums or accessories

http://forums.crackberry.com/f120/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/
    11-29-08 12:11 AM
    Hello Everyone,

I've been quietly lurking around here for the past few months and finally decided to get a Bold. I had a curve, but leaned against a bar while it was in my pocket and the screen bled...so, on to the bold.

Just curious if anyone could suggest a good case for the phone. I don't care for holster cases and used the case that came with my Curve with no problems (other than the stitching on the inside scratching the screen a bit). I've read about the screen scratching easily and the chrome rubbing off in a few other threads, and want get something for protection.

Of course, AT&T branded Bolds don't come with much (no case, SD card, etc) so I'm stuck looking for a new one.

I was considering one from fortte that resembles the old OEM leather slip case, but thought I'd see if anyone had experience with other cases...(i'd post the URL, but am a new user so can't...)

Thanks in advance for any help and for all the great info on these forums.

Best

Have you looked at Sena cases (website has that name). Limited range for the Bold (3 at the moment). I have ordered the Bold MagnetFlipper Case-Black.

The same product for the iphone is excellent and well tailored.
    11-29-08 04:19 AM
    I absolutely love the Seidio spring-clip holder - protects the screen, has the magnet, great if you need to clip your Bold somewhere, fast and easy to get it in and out. Someone said it will rub the chrome off the top of the Bold, but mine doesn't seem to actually come in contact with the bezel. But even if it does, I don't really care. Am more interested in the ease and convenience and absolute rightness of my use of the Bold than in how shiny it is.

I think the spring clip is awesome.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-08 08:52 AM
    I ordered this combo and it arrived yesterday. Makes the bold feel a bit wider because the case protects the bezel. I also like the fact that the case is flush with the camera and flash border so it will not get sratched up. I feel like the phone is well protected. The holster seems to be well made. It will take me some practice to learn to remove the phone with one hand. I also like the strong rachet action of the clip. Not as easy to turn as the OEM pouch. Overall a god value. I put a generic screen cover on it immediately as I wait for my invisible shield to protect that gorgeous screen!
    11-29-08 10:36 AM
    For my Bold, I have:

A Fortte glove-soft case
    A Fortte open-dront case
    A BoxWave holster clip
    An Otterbox Defender hard case
    An Otterbox rubber skin

Of these, I find I use the holster clip most.
    11-29-08 11:17 AM
    youre bold should have come with that leather case.
    but to answer your question, i have a seidio innocase and i love it.
    can u post pics of the innocase? i like it a lot but the stock pics make me think twice. thanks in advance

I use the case that came with my bold and just ordered the oem slip pocket case for the days i dont want a holster
    11-29-08 11:36 AM
    im using an otterbox impact silicone case - ordered on ebay for 17 shipped

also ordered a cheap silicone rubber case from eforcity for like 5 dollars as a backup

and i order a hard snap on rubberized case from ebay which im awaiting to arrive for 7 shipped.

so for the otterbox is my favorite.
    11-29-08 01:11 PM
    Selam

Seidio Innocase is really nice one but little pricey for me
    so i went with Blackberry Bold Rubberized Plastic Case w/ Belt Clip - Black for $11 plus Privacy Screen Protector for $10 cant post URLs yet but check out accessorygeeks.com
    11-29-08 02:35 PM
    I have the Otterbox Defender case and I love it. It come with a plastic skin that covers the keyboard, screen and back of the case, then the plastic housing that snaps together (and yes you can take it apart as many times as as you want) and then the rubber skin, and the holster. I got mine of eBay with free shipping for $36.00.
    11-29-08 04:00 PM
    With the Otterbox Defender, does your speakerphone work correctly?
    12-01-08 03:14 PM
    I have the Otterbox Defender case and I love it. It come with a plastic skin that covers the keyboard, screen and back of the case, then the plastic housing that snaps together (and yes you can take it apart as many times as as you want) and then the rubber skin, and the holster. I got mine of eBay with free shipping for $36.00.
    Just an FYI that I noticed a typo in your signature line. You have the words "cops" and "firefighters" reversed.
    12-01-08 09:29 PM
    I like slip cases and promptly lost the original RIM case, so I got the Slimline Beyzacase as a replacement: www dot beyzacases dot com

Really nice leather, fits tightly around the Bold with a notch for the notification LED and an opening on the bottom to push the Bold out when required. It has the sleep magnet. It was also beautifully packed in a cardboard slip case and a drawstring fabric bag.

Daniele
    12-02-08 03:03 AM
    i love the OEM holder that i got with my bold . i have dropped it a couple times ( sorry crackberry nation ) and it has saved my bold from any damage and i love how porfessional it looks .
    12-02-08 03:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD