If this topic has been discussed before, please forgive me, but I was super psyched last night after finally getting a software update for my Q. (long story, won't get into, ( involves T-mobile)

Anyway my gratitude to blackberry was undercut by finding an amazon app(s) that TOTALLY invade privacy..

My question is not HAS Blackberry compromised the ONLY horse they have in the race (privacy), but does anyone have a workaround to make my device legit again??

I went into app permission settings, and it won't allow me to deny intrusion..

If anyone could tell me how to make my blackberry legit again by removing this security gash, please let me know..

Because it looks to me like the one reason people had loyalty to blackberry is gone...

What a sad day, and new guy at the helm...what in the hell were You thinking?!? I guess You were thinking about survival and the only way to do that was kill blackberry in its true sense...

Anyway..Until I can find a secure device, I'd appreciate it if anyone has a solution to the security breach that is amazon or ANY app that requires full access to your most private information.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 03:51 PM
    Ummmm. It is legit. Blackberry and Amazon have a partnership hence why the amazon app

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 04:09 PM
    Short answer:

Security vs Convenience. Convenience won.

From Tablet w/ reduced android. To BB10 with better android. To BB10 with even better android + amazon app store. To just android.

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    Zedd88, eldricho and the1 like this.
    11-14-15 04:09 PM
    To disable Amazon you have to enable parental control.
    Security and privacy/ app permissions are not the same thing. Anyway please modify the title...

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 04:11 PM
    So..by going into parental controls, and disabling amazon apps, I have eliminated amazons access to my data?

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 04:17 PM
    Before you just rail against the Amazon app permissions, have you looked at why they asked for them?

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 04:19 PM
    To disable Amazon you have to enable parental control.
    Security and privacy/ app permissions are not the same thing. Anyway please modify the title...

Posted via CB10
    se�cu�ri�ty (sĭ-kyo͝orˈĭ-tē)►
    n.Freedom from risk or danger; safety.
    n.Freedom from doubt, anxiety, or fear; confidence.
    n.Something that gives or assures safety...

https://www.wordnik.com/words/security

Privacy is a child relative of security. In fact, on BlackBerry 10, you have to access the Security & Privacy section for changes including app permissions because it has crossover terminology.

Unrestricted access to your personal data is a security risk. Therefore, my opinion, it's a fair statement albeit less accurate.

Also using the above does not disable Amazon. It disables user access, amazon can still collect and store your information as they see fit.

11-14-15 04:19 PM
    So..by going into parental controls, and disabling amazon apps, I have eliminated amazons access to my data?

Posted via CB10
    As far as i know yes.
    To be sure make a backup, wipe your phone, restore it and then disable Amazon.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 04:21 PM
    ThankYou Erdin..

You rock!

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 04:27 PM
    Another person that doesn't know the difference between security and privacy. They may go hand in hand on many occasions, but hey are two separate things.

Posted via CB10
    howarmat and southlander like this.
    11-14-15 07:18 PM
    Just never open the things and stick them in a junk folder.
    11-14-15 07:59 PM
    Just want to apologize for jumping to conclusions.

Truth is, BlackBerry has seen to it that there's a way to block intrusive apps with parental controls, and I appreciate this very much. ThankYou.

I'd been through a lot when I wrote that, as I'd been locked out of my phone for three days and when I finally got the update to work, (thanks to tmobile dicking us around forever which is another story.)

So..thankYou BlackBerry, and all apogies.

I truly love Your devices, and 10.3 is great so far. My longheld double typing issue is also gone now.

Great work.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by OkieBloke; 11-19-15 at 01:13 AM.
    11-18-15 04:15 PM
    That's cool. Pretty sure parental contols only removed it from your visibility though. It's still there, still sending data.

11-19-15 09:45 AM
    There's no privacy when you're connected to the Internet. No matter what they tell you, all the data is saved. Encrypted data is saved asis so it could be decrypted later when the technology makes it real. Behold the cryptochri...
    OkieBloke likes this.
    11-19-15 10:06 AM
    I think if you don't open the Amazon stuff in the first place then they aren't "active". I just stuck mine in a junk folder as someone else suggested and never touch them.

From my Z30 STA100-2 on OS 10.3.2.2639
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-19-15 11:42 AM
    I know..just doing all I can so I can say I did..that I didn't go silently into a new world where everyone thinks it's okie dokie to snoop through other people's things.

Posted via CB10
    BerryRipe likes this.
    11-19-15 04:23 PM
    Yes I believe so too. Grateful to BlackBerry for making this a must, and You know they did.

Genius really..They got amazon, yet made provisions for the people.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-15 04:24 PM
    Hey KermEd..If You come across a source for this information, will You please share it?

It's important.

Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-15 04:26 PM

Posted via CB10
    You can get a BES12 cloud subscription for your device and disable Amazon and Android apps using a security policy.
    11-19-15 05:50 PM
    Hey KermEd..If You come across a source for this information, will You please share it?
    You just have to check your Device Monitor...
    If you read No Activities, you're good.
    Blackberry security compromised?!?-img_20151120_014554.png
    11-19-15 06:48 PM
    Thanks Joshu42.

This is another jewel.

You guys rock.

Completely helpful.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-15 08:07 PM
    Interesting. I'm going to check this out. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-15 08:10 PM
    Did you launch the app at all yet? If you've never launched the app it can't set itself up to do anything yet. I've never launched mine on the Z30.

BB10 is Dead
    11-19-15 08:40 PM
    Nooo. I did an autoloader install, then I went into parental controls, scrolled down to amazon and unchecked.

Not sure if it matters but yeah; that's how I did it.

Also..I just checked app manager and found no instances of amazonian activity per suggestion.

Also..10.2.2514 is the update I installed, and after doing so restored from a backup on link. Everything is running well and i'll update if I run into any issues.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-15 10:21 PM
    Don't get too comfortable. As this article points out BlackBerry not talking about backdoors so you know who can get at your data. Really BlackBerry? Sheesh.
    The first comment on that page says it all. BlackBerry better do some explaining cause this was their perceived competitive advantage, as unappreciated as it may currently be.
    This guy Marty keeps putting his foot in his mouth. First his statement re the Priv being the most secure smartphone ever now this.

http://fedscoop.com/blackberry-takin...wful-intercept

And a to the point opinion: http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=230908

Don Diego endorses the Zed and wields a Silver.
    OkieBloke likes this.
    11-19-15 10:35 PM
35 12