I changed around my 5 icons on my home screen today and moved the email icon to put another one on top. Now the email icon is completely gone and my phone isn't notifying me when I get an email?!?!? What went wrong? And how do I get my icon back?
    12-04-07 08:10 PM
    It isn't lost. You just basically moved it to another folder. What icon was it you were moving it on top off?
    12-04-07 08:36 PM
    oh my gosh...there were a few that i was moving around. The one that is gone was the envelope with a globe on it...i still have just an envelope icon, which handles the SMS and emails and missed calls. I basically just moved the other envelope from being on the top (the main 5). Is there any way to know where it may be?
    12-04-07 08:40 PM
    Okay, depending on what Theme you are using, you will just have to open your icons one by one to know which one since I do not know your theme.

For as an example, you could lose track of your icons if you really don't know what you are doing. As simple as moving.

Figure 1. Shows my current set up.

Figure 2. Shows that I am trying to move my "Messages" icon

Figure 3. Icon "Messages" is selected (as you can see the status below "Moving Messages

12-04-07 08:48 PM
    Figure 4. Moving "Messages" to another location. This time is it a Folder Icon which house different apps or icons. Status shows "Move into Email"

Figure 5. "Messages" Icon is gone and the "Email" Icon still on the same location.

Figure 6. But when I open my "Email" icon, I see that my "Messages" icon is located at the very last. It wasn't lost or stolen just moved to a different folder.

12-04-07 08:51 PM
    How will i know by opening them which one i put it in? i have opened the ones i remember moving, but I dont really know what i'm looking for

edit: oh ok....let me look some more. I posted before I saw your last post. Thanks for the help!
    12-04-07 08:52 PM
    no problem. Just don't panic
    12-04-07 08:54 PM
    Ok, I've found it!!!
    now how do i get it back to where it should be?
    gah! can you tell i'm a noob
    12-04-07 08:56 PM
    Just move the lost icon on top of the folder with an "up arrow". That will move it to your homescreen.
    12-04-07 08:59 PM
    Oh yay! Thanks so much!
    12-04-07 09:00 PM
    Hey, I was so impresed how you handled that question> I never recieved a reply on my post, and I was wondering if I may ask you a question on resetting? In my field of work this has been a disaster!

Thanks so much- Happy New Year.
    Lynne Griffin
    12-31-07 07:30 PM
    Hey Lynne G.

Are you a Whirlpool alumni?

If so, you & I worked together, for years, in Lombard.

Please reply, Thanks, [email protected]

(Lew)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-08 01:38 AM
    I am a newbie too - and I understand how the icon is hidden - but how do I open up each icon to see if the PROFILE icon is living there? I tried the menu key and the tracker ball. Neither seemed to do the trick. I tried Alt+Trackball to show all and that didn't work either. Any thoughts?
    p
    01-25-08 11:53 AM
    Hi, Maybe someone could tell me how to add and subtract icons. I want to add a Google Icon and a Google Calendar Icon.
    Help
    Thanks,
    Paul
    [email protected]

Anyone have any info on slingbox for the Blackberry?
    01-29-08 09:39 PM
    Well each icon is a seperate application. So basicallt you just want to download the google app.
    03-16-08 04:30 PM
    Cool, good work.
    03-28-08 12:34 PM
    How do I install Japanes and chinese language on a blackberry?
    05-12-08 10:01 AM
    Welcom to CB
    06-16-08 09:10 AM
    I opened a post in the old BB section, maybe it's better here,
    see link for my problem. I looked around in my folders but couldn't find the icon.

forums.crackberry.com/f29/newbe-7730-basic-problems-48419

Thanks Volker
    07-07-08 07:45 AM
    FOR CHINESECAT:

Hello,

I saw your wall messages to a lady that was in distress about her icon disapearing, when in fact she accidently moved it somewhere.

I have an issue - I have downloaded a theme from crackberry.com using my BlackBerry Bold. It was the Wolvereine one to be precise! When I activated this theme. My SMS icon has been automatically removed from desktop. I have checked every folder & its not there! When I go back to the original standard BlackBerry theme, it reappears..! Also my girlfriend has the Curve, she downloaded the Tweet theme from the same site & the same icon has gone too!! Once again I checked all folders on hers. Please help!!!!!!!!!!

Many thanks,

Regards.
    09-11-09 11:49 AM
    I haven't been here for over a year! So be patient with me

Let me clarify something. You lost your SMS icon from your Desktop? or Homescreen? Depending on the theme designer's preference, they will combine SMS and Email messages under one message box. So to make sure that they are separate, follow the setting below. Overriding is always easy.

Open your message inbox by clicking on the Message icon. Hit your Menu button and select Options. Under General Options, select the option "separate" so this will always override the theme settings. So even if you change themes, this setting will always override the pre-defined settings of the active theme.

Hope this solve your issue. Otherwise, post again
    Last edited by chinesecatt; 09-11-09 at 12:20 PM.
    09-11-09 12:16 PM
    It isn't lost. You just basically moved it to another folder. What icon was it you were moving it on top off?
    Thank you for your post! It fixed my problem.
    09-20-09 07:29 AM
    i have lost my PIN messages. I can send them without a copy... and I get the sound that a new one has arrived, but I can�t find it. Any ideas on what to do or where to look for?
    11-20-10 12:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD