Looking for guidance here. Leaving Sprint after 6 years due to marginal service coverage and going to Verizon. Have my choice of the Z30 or the Classic. I am currently on a Q10 and love the keyboard but don't love the small, square screen.

Any feedback or thoughts on which way I should go?

Thanks in advance

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 11:43 AM
    Z30, more powerful CPU, GPU, has two excellent speakers and very good battery life + the dark Theme on the OS like your q10.

Posted via CB10 v....not telling
    11-10-15 11:49 AM
    I'm on Verizon, if you like the keyboard, go with the classic. The larger screen is nice as well, but the predictive text on the Z30 is very nice and useful for speed typing.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    11-10-15 11:51 AM
    Thanks, leaning towards the Z30 - just looks too cool and I do need a larger screen...

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes likes this.
    11-10-15 12:35 PM
    You wont be disappointed. Battery life is fantastic, (also supports Qi wireless charging, saves your data port from wear/tear), and great for traveling, plug the Z30 into the hotel tv and "stream" your own movies without having to go into their wifi network (which is always risky) using the HDMI port.
    phuoc likes this.
    11-10-15 01:39 PM
    You wont be disappointed. Battery life is fantastic, (also supports Qi wireless charging, saves your data port from wear/tear), and great for traveling, plug the Z30 into the hotel tv and "stream" your own movies without having to go into their wifi network (which is always risky) using the HDMI port.
    Note the wireless charging is only on certain versions of the z30, the rest of us have to wear the port out.
    11-10-15 01:40 PM
    Note the wireless charging is only on certain versions of the z30, the rest of us have to wear the port out.
    Yes, you are correct, the VZW model STA100-3 is the only model of the Z30 that supports the Qi wireless std. It should be across the whole spectrum of devices.
    11-10-15 01:44 PM
    Z30 hands down, unless of course you would prefer a keyboard then a classic will do you good as well.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2789
    phuoc likes this.
    11-10-15 03:06 PM
    I am usually more partial to BlackBerry's physical keyboards but after being on the Z30 for about 4 months it is really hard to trade all the screen real estate. My Q 10 screen feels like a miniature when I use it now. If you use your phone a lot throughout the day I would say get the Z30. Your eyes will thank you!

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 07:22 PM
    I have had my Z30 since release on VZW, 2yrs now, and have had my work issued Classic since May. They both have their pros and cons compared to each other.

For me, after using both pretty heavily, I pick the Classic as the better productivity phone. While I can now type faster on the Z30 than any other VKB I've tried, it's mainly due to the amazing flicking of accurate predictive text, not the keyboard. That being said, I still haven't been able to approach the speed and accuracy of typing on the Classic, and I type a lot. Also, when it comes to accurate navigation on the screen, one handed use, cut and paste, editing etc...the Classic hits it out of the ballpark, mainly due to the trackpad and toolbelt.

On the other hand, I do love my Z30 for it's screen size, great stereo speakers, battery life and browsing experience, the better media phone of the two.

If I could only have one phone, I'd be hard pressed to choose just one, but in the end, productivity and communication are my priorities, so I'd have to pick the Classic.

That's me and my opinion based on my needs and experience, others may disagree.

Posted via CB10
    jas1978 likes this.
    11-10-15 09:52 PM
    If you type a lot then the classic is probably your best bet. That said I loved my Z30 like no phone before it, The speakers alone made it my go to netflix device over my iPad mini. Although extremely wide the passport takes the cake!

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    11-10-15 10:00 PM
    Be brave... both :-)

Classic for work, Z30 for everything else...
    bigjman and rotorwrench like this.
    11-11-15 02:05 PM
    rotorwrench,
    Absolutely spot on. I love the keyboard on my Q10 and will sorely miss it, as it is a productivity beast. However, as my eyes get older, I'm not able to see the small screen near as well as I would like. I have decided to go with the Z30; the allure of the larger screen is just too much to resist.

Thanks again for all the very well thought out, well written replies.
    11-11-15 02:29 PM
    Either choice is a winner. As to the eyes, a cool feature many Z30 drivers are unaware of, is the BB Magnify. Go into Settings, scroll down to Accessibility, see BB Magnify, enable it.

On most any screen, with two fingers, tap 3 times, the screen will magnify. To navigate, with 2 fingers move the screen in the direction you want. To remove Magnify, tap with 3 fingers again.

This feature works on screens Pinch-and-zoom won't work on.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 05:00 PM
    Yup, it's how I can see in Device Monitor when I took it off charge. It can be a bit awkward when trying to scroll around icons on the various home screen pages.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    11-11-15 06:18 PM
    I had to make a similar choice and I went with the Z30. I liked the Classic because of the keyboard, but found it a little slow compared to the Z30. The screen on the Z30 is really nice, and as others have pointed out the CPU is more powerful and you can see that with the performance of the phone. For keyboard and toolbelt I use a BBOS 9900 as my daily phone, which I preferred over the Classic.

I think you will enjoy the Z30 - it's extremely feature rich, and IMO more than suffice for 2015 and beyond.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-15-15 01:08 AM
    Have had my Z30 for just over a week now and love it! What a beast of a phone. The flick gestures for word completion when texting is great, and comes very close to making up for no physical key board. Incredibly hard to find a decent case for these phones, though. Somewhat frustrating...
    11-24-15 11:43 AM
    Have had my Z30 for just over a week now and love it! What a beast of a phone. The flick gestures for word completion when texting is great, and comes very close to making up for no physical key board. Incredibly hard to find a decent case for these phones, though. Somewhat frustrating...
    Cases are more of a problem now that the phone is about two years old and no longer popular. Mostly folks find them on the Web, locally being a real problem. But enjoy the phone. I've got a flip case from Gmyle. A bit on the thicker side but mine goes hiking and biking so I like the additional protection.
    11-24-15 02:04 PM
    11-24-15 02:32 PM
    I mean the z30 version. Not cheap but very good quality and ultra slim.
    11-24-15 02:34 PM
    Got the Trident case in pink for $9.99 from Amazon. A can of Tamiya polycarbonate spray paint for $8 and I have a hunter orange and black case that looks great. Black on black from Shop BlackBerry CA was $50...

Much better deal for me and my case is in the colors of my daughter's high school.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-15 11:07 AM
    Z30, it's both a useful tool and an entertainment unit.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-15 04:27 PM
    If a physical keyboard is a requirement for you go with the classic. Otherwise get the Z30.
    12-02-15 07:05 AM
    My wife has a Classic, and I find my Z30 performs much better than the Classic. The Classic seems to have week reception on 4G, whereas my Z30 has never dropped a call, and have signal is always strong.

Rock'n the awesome Z30 STA100-5 on 10.3.2.2474
    12-02-15 09:00 AM
    I got this case for the Z30 because I didn't find anything more suitable in this part of the world:

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=yhANyrZL

But apparently it is not compatible with the Verizon version..

Still looking for a Transformer kind of case, like on my former Z10. But the flip case is all right.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-15 04:25 PM
35 12