First, is the Storm okay for listening to music while working out because of sweat, being knocked around, etc.?

If so, can anyone recommend a good case or holster that works best specifically for use during working out? (Too much turkey...!)
    11-28-08 01:17 PM
    I wouldn't put any phone through working out.

Get an ipod shuffle, they are tiny and only like $50 bucks.
    11-28-08 01:25 PM
    I wouldn't put any phone through working out.

Get an ipod shuffle, they are tiny and only like $50 bucks.
    Or a Creative Zen Nano. Usually less than $40, smaller than Ipod Nano, includes FM Radio, voice recording, and more. (I just gave away my Ipod Nano.)
    11-28-08 01:27 PM
    I have a Sandisk Clip. Best little MP3/Radio out there. 2gb one is like $35. Tiny and great for working out.
    11-28-08 01:40 PM
    I would not use it. I use my Ipod still but if you do not have a different mp3 device besides your Storm I would use the same workout case as I do my ipod which is a DLO DLO - Action Jacket for 2nd-Generation Apple� iPod� touch - Black - DLA71055B/17 the storm fits in it without issue.
    11-28-08 01:57 PM
    I got my storm 5 days ago and have worked out with it 3 times no problems yet. I have like 300 songs on various playlists. Songs sound great zero issues. The reason I wanted a storm was for an in one device and now I finally got it! I am getting an universal arm band on ebay for 10 bucks free shipping!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-08 02:03 PM
    I am on call constantly so I always to have my phone with me. I use it every morning to work out. Right now I put it in my shorts pocket. I will admit it is a little heavy on the treadmill.

I have also been thinking about getting a case of some sort.

What I would really like is a pair of bluetooth headphones that are sweat proof. I have a pair of Motorollas that work great except after about a month, I found out that they are not all that sweat proof. With those headphones I was able to put my phone anywhere.
    11-28-08 02:08 PM
    I am on call constantly so I always to have my phone with me. I use it every morning to work out. Right now I put it in my shorts pocket. I will admit it is a little heavy on the treadmill.

I have also been thinking about getting a case of some sort.

What I would really like is a pair of bluetooth headphones that are sweat proof. I have a pair of Motorollas that work great except after about a month, I found out that they are not all that sweat proof. With those headphones I was able to put my phone anywhere.

Hey check out JayBird's JB-200 headphones. They are the best sweat resistant stereo Bluetooth out there (I think). I had already ruined 3 Moto S9s cuz of sweat but have yet to ruin my JB-200s. The link here: Bluetooth Headphones Wireless Stereo Headset Headphones : Wireless iPod Nano Touch Headphones : Wireless Computer Headphones : Mp3 Bluetooth Wireless Headphones : Jaybirdgear.com
    11-28-08 02:32 PM
    I would not use it. I use my Ipod still but if you do not have a different mp3 device besides your Storm I would use the same workout case as I do my ipod which is a DLO DLO - Action Jacket for 2nd-Generation Apple� iPod� touch - Black - DLA71055B/17 the storm fits in it without issue.
    I used my Curve to work out and never ran into any problems. I have that same case, though, and it works great! I recommend either that or any of the clips/innocase combos from Seidio!
    11-28-08 02:38 PM
    so basically the only type of case that would be compatible here would be one that is compatible with a 2nd generation ipod touch?
    11-28-08 03:10 PM
    get a shuffle, it will cost you close to the price of a good case. Plus if you drop your shuffle while working out, not a problem. If you drop your Storm>>>>?????
    11-28-08 03:19 PM
    [QUOTE=ggbrands;1065771]
    If so, can anyone recommend a good case or holster[QUOTE]

I know you were looking for a good case for working out, so this doesn't really apply to you, but a good suggestion for anyone else looking for a case for normal use, the leather Blackberry case that comes with the 8830 works perfect, and I beleive they can be purchased at the Crackberry Store.
    11-28-08 03:26 PM
    get a shuffle, it will cost you close to the price of a good case. Plus if you drop your shuffle while working out, not a problem. If you drop your Storm>>>>?????
    i just spent 200$ bux on a storm and got a new haircut, my boys got a new haircut, and we goin workin out. need girlies to see this new storm, so i need a nice workout case. ya dig?

anyhow, is a 2nd gen touch the only kind of case that would be compatible?
    11-28-08 03:34 PM
    do you guys know if the Griffin iClear with Armband for iPhone 3G would work?
    11-28-08 04:25 PM
    Hey group, so i did some homework for us and went to best buy, target, and circuit city today.

Conclusion to this question, what is the best product with the best fit? Surprisingly, it is not the touch (the unit the members above described). The one they described is actually way too tight for this phone and you need to pry the damn thing out of there (same thing with iphone armbands). The zune 80gb or 80 / 120gb units work MUCH better (still a snug fit, but u aren't forced to literally pry the damn thing out of there.

here are some places to buy:

Griffin product: $19 shipped
    Go to amazon.com and search for
    "Griffin 8190-Z80STRMLNB Streamline Armband for ZUNE 80G"
    Also available at target, but for $30

DLO product: $30
    go to bestbuy.com and search for
    "SKU: 8728816"

Belkin product: $14
    *i have read some bad reviews of other belkin units (they become 'unglued') so i am not sure how comfortable i feel about having my phone in there. i also haven't actually fit tested this unit so i cannot say, but going by what i have seen, any zune 80 or 120gb fits.

Belkin:
    Go to Amazon.com and search for
    "Belkin Neoprene Armband for Zune 80/120 GB (Black/Gray)"

As a reference, I ordered and personally recommend the GRIFFIN unit. I got it on ebay for $17 shipped.
    search "Griffin Streamline Case 4 Zune MP3 80GB"

When making your orders, make sure you are comparing apples to apples. I did notice a long of companies are mislabeling the units so make sure the one you order is pictured and looks identical to the ones i have referenced.

ENJOY!
    11-29-08 08:57 PM
    My old motorola Q case that came with the phone is perfect, fits like a glove..
    11-29-08 09:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD