BlackBerry Priv Support - How To Demo BlackBerry Priv Smartphone Help 101

RED  Q5 SQR100-2/10.3.2.2789 on Bell Mobility Network
    11-05-15 06:23 PM
    excellent. I see on the Hub tutorial, when you delete a message you are asked whether to delete on Hub only OR Hub and server
    11-05-15 06:46 PM
    Thanks for posting.
    BlackBerry Priv Official Device Tutorials-borat-very-nice.jpg

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 06:46 PM
    The flip case seems amazing
    11-05-15 06:55 PM
    The voice is somewhat annoying...
    anon4226395 likes this.
    11-05-15 06:58 PM
    Sweet. Thanks for posting. I like how the hub looks. He didn't show it, but he said that you can swipe from the left, while in the hub, to bring up all the accounts. I like that there's still a little bit of BB10 under the hood.

Not being as familiar with Android ... is there a quick way to archive an email? So, for instance, if I'm in the hub and want to archive (not delete) an email from Gmail, how would I do that?
    11-05-15 07:05 PM
    The camera has so many features!! wow cant wait for tomorrow
    11-05-15 07:12 PM
    The camera has so many features!! wow cant wait for tomorrow
    so if you capture video at 60 fps on HD, can one of those GP apps allow this to be made into slow mo? I play competitive squash
    11-05-15 07:17 PM
    Sweet. Thanks for posting. I like how the hub looks. He didn't show it, but he said that you can swipe from the left, while in the hub, to bring up all the accounts. I like that there's still a little bit of BB10 under the hood.

Not being as familiar with Android ... is there a quick way to archive an email? So, for instance, if I'm in the hub and want to archive (not delete) an email from Gmail, how would I do that?
    Swiping in from the left is an Android thing, and is present in most apps. You get to it by either swiping in from the left or tapping the three lines in the top left (which is why it's known as the hamburger menu).

As for archiving, in the normal Gmail app you can set whether swiping a message will delete it or archive it.
    11-05-15 07:17 PM

If you use Gmail, all incoming emails receive two tags: inbox/spam/etc and archive. Incidentally, there is no way to remove the archive tag and as such, delete emails from Google's servers. So to answer your question; if you use Gmail, nothing.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 07:21 PM
    Swiping in from the left is an Android thing, and is present in most apps. You get to it by either swiping in from the left or tapping the three lines in the top left (which is why it's known as the hamburger menu).

As for archiving, in the normal Gmail app you can set whether swiping a message will delete it or archive it.
    Thanks for the info. I'm more wondering about archiving straight from the hub. For work, I use the hub a lot on a daily basis, and if there is no easy way to archive an email, it's going to be pretty annoying. I don't want to have to deal with the redundancy of deleting it off of the phone, and then archiving it from the Gmail app (either on the phone, or on my PC).
    11-05-15 07:23 PM
    If you're using the Gmail app, swipe the email left or right to archive.
    In the Outlook app, swipe left to archive, swipe right to schedule.

Any app that follows Material Design will function this way. If you keep your finger on the email and swipe slowly, you will get a hint of what it will do. The Hub looks like it uses Material.
    Last edited by Steve Rizla; 11-05-15 at 07:46 PM.
    11-05-15 07:24 PM
    If you use Gmail, all incoming emails receive two tags: inbox/spam/etc and archive. Incidentally, there is no way to remove the archive tag and as such, delete emails from Google's servers. So to answer your question; if you use Gmail, nothing.

Posted via CB10
    That's a downer. That's been the problem I'm running into with my Passport. BB10 used to function so as that when I deleted an email from my phone (device AND server), Gmail would archive it. Recently, that changed, and now it actually deletes it from Gmail also. Not so happy about this. A workaround that I'm doing right now is - I changed the 'trash' folder from the settings on my phone, to a Gmail folder that I created. So now, at least, when I hit delete, it just puts it in a temporary folder, instead of trashing it. I was hoping that since this phone is running Android, it would be different.
    11-05-15 07:37 PM
    About the hub, he said that you have to download an log in on social media apps to show them on hub. Maybe any app that works with notifications will be there? That would be great.

Posted with Z30!
    11-05-15 07:42 PM
    Thanks Booked marked.
    11-05-15 07:55 PM