I'm stunned by the lack of info on the Priv on Blackberry's site, just a week or so from launch. There is a description of "Extraordinary audio quality". Does anyone know what is meant by this? There don't seem to be dual stereo speakers. Any insight would be appreciated.
    10-28-15 10:57 AM
    I was also wondering about this. Perhaps someone could share their experience but if I were watching a clip on landscape mode, with all the (mono) audio from the right hand edge; does this not sound a bit unreal?
    10-28-15 11:08 AM
    I never got the "stereo" speakers on small devices like a phone. The speakers are never far appart enought for your ears to have a deep preception of the "Stereo" sound. I'm more worried about a deep and full sound quality than "stereo".

Pick a bluetooth speaker like a Bose Soundlink, UE Boom, or something by JBL, they aren't stereo, but they sound pretty awesome for what they are. 500x better than any "stereo" phone, stereo doesn't mean it's good.
    10-28-15 11:17 AM
    I never got the "stereo" speakers on small devices like a phone. The speakers are never far appart enought for your ears to have a deep preception of the "Stereo" sound.
    Have you ever had a Z30 in your hands?
    I love the stereo speakers of this device. The sound is better than the sound my Bluetooth speakers have.
    Posted via my Z30 (10.3.2.2639)
    methodinsane and house78 like this.
    10-28-15 03:12 PM
    I'm hoping they took a page from the Note 5 and boosted volume/quality via the headphone jack and bluetooth connection.
    10-28-15 03:47 PM
    Lets hope somewhat Better than the Classic .
    10-28-15 03:49 PM
    Have you ever had a Z30 in your hands?
    I love the stereo speakers of this device. The sound is better than the sound my Bluetooth speakers have.
    Posted via my Z30 (10.3.2.2639)
    Yes I've heard the Z30, wich is not much different than my passport, Z30 is a tad better, both sound good for a phone... that's it, for a phone....
    Wich bluetooth speakers do you have? Let me be honest, they must be absolute garbage.

To have a full and deep sound you need 1 thing, air inside a box, wich the phones don't have, and the Z30 or any phone still can't bend physics.

Buy this:
    http://www.amazon.com/JBL-Micro-Wire...UvbUpU12026056

It will DESTROY ANY PHONE in sound quality, and that's an entry level bluetooth speaker. Just for contect, A HTC One sounds better than a Z30, but is not even close to this 30$ JBL speaker...

Then you have things like JBL Flip, UE Boom, Jambox, Bose Soundlink that are 10 legues ahead of this 30$ JBL speaker. A
    Last edited by Joao Oliveira; 10-28-15 at 05:22 PM.
    Daniel Calutul likes this.
    10-28-15 05:11 PM
    The Priv I own has great sound. Seriously. Loud, clear, and crisp.
    B_Rad BurnZ and mithrazor like this.
    11-08-15 12:18 AM
    I have a Lumia 1520 and it definitely is the loudest of all devices I have ever owned.

However my Z30 was the absolute best overall with deeper bass and sounded so awesome.

Priv is good, but if you've had a Z30, it is not impressive. I'm not so bothered by the mono speaker, it works well for speakerphone calls.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-08-15 01:13 AM
    The Priv I own has great sound. Seriously. Loud, clear, and crisp.
    I did a side by side comparison with the phone I replaced with my Priv. It was an HTC M8 (Boom Sound Stereo). Myself and the 4 other people I asked all said The Priv was better hands down. Maybe a little less bass but, it was a louder and cleaner sound all around. Really, how can you expect any substantial bass from any speaker of this size? HTC always gets praise for their dual front facing speakers. I was worried I would miss that. Turns out ,in my opinion and at least the 4 others I did the comparison with, the Priv wins hands down. I love this device!
    mithrazor likes this.
    11-08-15 01:22 AM
    I can attest the sound quality is very good. Sound is extremely clean with little distortion and noise, though a little cold or digital. I will use a better earbud to say for sure but I am really surprised at the quality and somewhat blown away. A quantum leap compared to Z10.
    11-08-15 01:40 AM