I just had an online chat with a AT&T rep that said they expect to have the Priv available by the end of November. I hope he is right!!!

Posted with my Awesome unlocked Passport on AT&T OS 10.3.2.2339
    10-24-15 09:37 PM
    Great news!
    10-24-15 09:38 PM
    Hmmm..rounded corner, wireless charging...
    10-24-15 09:38 PM
    Thanks for the update, would be curious about pricing. May consider going under contract for this pricey new phone.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 12:15 PM
    Really?

Only delaying by a few weeks after everyone else's ships?

Instead of the more customary 3 to 6 months?

You sure it was AT&T you were talking to?

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 04:49 PM
    I was surprised I didn't get the standard "I don't have any information on that device yet" line that I got for Z30 and Passport.

10-27-15 04:21 AM
    That would be great!!!
    10-27-15 09:10 AM
    Awesome! Can't wait.
    10-27-15 10:51 AM
    Hopefully this is accurate information... Personally I'm not willing to purchase the Priv without having the opportunity to test drive it before committing to investing in one. By then we will all have feedback from the folks that preordered the Priv and they can give us their opinions on the Android OS, etc.

I remain optimistic that the Priv will be a solid device and after I read the user reviews in addition to having the opportunity to check one out I will make my decision.

If I do decide to purchase the Priv the next decision is whether to buy it from AT&T or unlocked from ShopBlackBerry as I typically have done with my current devices. Price may be a consideration in deciding to get one unlocked or carrier locked.

Bob

Posted via CB 10>Q10-SQN100-5/10.3.2.2639>Z10-STL100-3/10.3.2.2639 On AT&T
    10-27-15 11:05 AM
    I just had an online chat with a AT&T rep that said they expect to have the Priv available by the end of November. I hope he is right!!!

I'd say not to hold your breath on it. They were saying the same thing for the Z30.
    10-27-15 11:11 AM
    They also rolled out the 10.3.2 updates pretty quickly. Maybe Chen has been able to improve relations with them.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 08:06 PM
    Nothing has been announced to technical support. Just stuff about new LG phones.
    11-01-15 03:05 AM
    I hope they release it sooner than that.
    11-02-15 08:57 AM
    I'm on AT&T. I purchased direct from BBRY. Free yourself from bloatware and any other AT&T tweaks they may do to the device.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-02-15 09:26 AM
    I'm on AT&T. I purchased direct from BBRY. Free yourself from bloatware and any other AT&T tweaks they may do to the device.

Honestly, AT&T has historically done the least in terms of bloat on BlackBerry phones. Maybe just three apps on BB10, and that's only if you load the OS through AT&T (or use the carrier codes in Sachesi). If you load an OS pulled directly off the BlackBerry servers without the carrier codes, then you won't get those few apps. And, they won't automatically populate themselves like they used to through service books on the old BBOS.

But, that still doesn't affect some things that AT&T could still do to the phone once you log onto the mobile network - such as, locking out the ability to change the network type to 3G only if you want.

I don't know if AT&T would still have that ability on an android phone. And I'm still not sure why AT&T ever felt the need to force LTE, no matter what, in the first place. It didn't matter to me as I'd always want LTE if available anyway, but many others have expressed the wish to cut it back to 3G only to help with battery usage. The way you can on any other carrier in the world.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 09:59 AM
    I went to an att store and 3 things surprised me. one they had a poster of the priv, a priv on display and at least one in stock. as a bonus the Rep said they even sold some . Most times they don't know what a blackberry is. maybe things are looking up, we can only hope so!! go Blackberry

11-15-15 07:39 AM
    They have it online and I'm upgrade eligible - WOOT! But what the hell does that actually mean? I have to pay $249 for the device, another $49 for an "upgrade" fee, and the they would add $15/month to my line access fee. All that under a 2-year contract! -OR- I could switch to AT&T Next and keep the same service and monthly charges, but pay full price for the phone.

Why wouldn't I just buy the damn phone from another provider? What the hell good is it to be "upgrade eligible" AT&T?
    11-15-15 10:20 AM
    They have it online and I'm upgrade eligible - WOOT! But what the hell does that actually mean? I have to pay $249 for the device, another $49 for an "upgrade" fee, and the they would add $15/month to my line access fee. All that under a 2-year contract! -OR- I could switch to AT&T Next and keep the same service and monthly charges, but pay full price for the phone.

Why wouldn't I just buy the damn phone from another provider? What the hell good is it to be "upgrade eligible" AT&T?
    It all depends on how much money you're willing to part with up front, and over time. The Next plan is less up front - just spreading out the payments. On contract, you're paying a lot more up front and I think the access fee is a little more a month, but you're not paying the monthly phone payment on top of that. Just your access fee and the data/mobile/text plan. You just have to work out how much it all comes to.

If you buy it outright, that's a lot more money up front, but then all your left paying AT&T is the cheaper access fee and whatever your data/mobile/text plan is.

AT&T is not in this to lose money - in the end, they get pretty much the same either way, but they can wait it out.

Posted via CB10
    221b likes this.
    11-16-15 10:15 AM
    Right, so my choices are to:
    1. Pay $300 up front plus $360 over 2 years in additional monthly line charges for a 2-year total of $660 and cancel service.
    2. Pay full price now, but not deal with the increased line charges.

Either way, AT&T comes out ahead unless I buy the device, cancel my AT&T service, and move to a cheaper provider. I fail to see how being "upgrade eligible" matters - apart for the fact that I can pay full price for a new device, something I should be able to do any time.
    11-16-15 11:22 AM
    Yeah, the "upgrade eligible" only means your last contract is now effectively done, and they'll now let you change your device and/or service terms. Basically, you now don't have to pay an ETF on top of everything else. That's about it.

Posted via CB10
    221b likes this.
    11-16-15 01:39 PM
    Great - thanks.

Is AT&T the only (US) major carrier to get these devices? I know service plans and such vary, but I'd like to get a device and the best possible service for a fair price. I feel like AT&T is raping me. *and i don't like it
    11-16-15 02:10 PM