This is the last straw Verizon ^

Posted via CB10
    10-21-15 10:28 PM
    ShopBB wouldn't be selling it anyway, that's on Verizon lol. And hold your horses... you'll get a VZW version eventually.
    10-21-15 10:47 PM
    you'll get a VZW version eventually.
    Are you relying just on placeholder information, or is there more? Can you go into more detail without violating NDA?
    10-22-15 09:10 PM
    Eventually is a key word for February. Again, if you are new here you might get disappointed. The BlackBerry Storm 1 and 2 were the only flag ships that came first / was exclusive.

Otherwise every other release came very late to Verizon if at all... Remember the Curve? It took forever to come to Verizon. BlackBerry does not understand the USA market. They think that getting late to Verizon is clever because the rest of the world uses GSM...

However, this is flawed and only worked for Apple... But it created Android, so it created a monster for Apple. Missing Verizon misses the USA market and is a key reason, among a slew of other things, that killed BlackBerry. You go slow or skip Verizon you loose the entire world market. USA market is what drives the rest of the world demand.

Verizon made the world want Android. Without Verizon it would have fizzled.

Yes Verizon is that important. I don't think I can over state this enough.

I would plan on a February Priv. This assumes BlackBerry is able to continue in the handset business.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 09:36 PM
    I believe all major US carriers will carry BlackBerry priv it's just matter of time
    00stryder likes this.
    10-22-15 09:36 PM
    And time is not something BlackBerry has much of as it pertains to handsets.

Posted via CB10
    greenjoe likes this.
    10-23-15 08:22 AM
    STV100-2 where are you?
    10-23-15 09:05 AM
    If it's anything like the Z10, Verizon probably wants it on an older version of Android.

Or maybe they'll start out with Marshmallow and surprise us.
    10-23-15 09:26 AM
    Has a CDMA version even cleared the FCC?

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 12:58 PM
    I believe all major US carriers will carry BlackBerry priv it's just matter of time
    According to info from the CB forum and other outlets, there are at least 5 models of this phone. One of them has to have CDMA compatibility. The Z10 for instance, had STL100-4 that was compatible with Verizon. I am certain that Verizon is as eager to sell this phone as some of us are eager to buy it.I It has Android running on it and Verizon is always pushing the Android phones and Iphones.

Z10 STL100-4/10.3.2.2789
    10-23-15 01:27 PM
    Has a CDMA version even cleared the FCC?
    Nope
    10-23-15 01:53 PM
    I bet it won't. Even the latest Windows phone isn't going to make it on to Verizon's network.

It's too bad the Passport didn't support the CDMA channels.
    10-23-15 02:30 PM
    I bet it won't. Even the latest Windows phone isn't going to make it on to Verizon's network.

It's too bad the Passport didn't support the CDMA channels.
    But I remember BlackBerry saying officially that it would be on all 4 US carriers... certainly Verizon and Sprint would be included in that!?

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 04:47 PM
    But I remember BlackBerry saying officially that it would be on all 4 US carriers... certainly Verizon and Sprint would be included in that!?
    BlackBerry says a lot of things. Doesn't mean that they are all true

But really...BlackBerry said that?
    undone likes this.
    10-23-15 04:52 PM
    I don't recall BlackBerry ever stating that. Some guy in Twitter that apparently is known for "leaking information" said it would be coming to all 4 major US carriers but we are in the dark still.

Posted via CB10
    raino likes this.
    10-23-15 07:32 PM
    Oh! Come on!
    10-23-15 08:04 PM
    With no CDMA variant available for pre-order, my enthusiasm for owning a Priv, (just like the with the Passport), has been crushed. The phone will probably not be available on Verizon and it's best to accept that now rather than craft stories of a later arrival.

I've been with Verizon for YEARS. However, there's a pattern of them not offering the devices I'm interested in. If I'm going to pay a carrier, it should be one that delivers what's important to me. Phone selection didn't used to be a big deal because the BlackBerry I wanted was available at that time. The Priv will be the third device I've wanted but that, when asked about availability, Verizon won't give a direct answer on plans to carry.

My Z10 is still my daily driver, but it's time to upgrade. I will be keeping my eye on special offers from AT&T along with details on the phone's features (Blend compatibility) and make the decision to go for what I want rather than continue to miss out on the latest BlackBerry offerings.

Posted via CB10
    undone likes this.
    10-24-15 09:46 AM
    With no CDMA variant available for pre-order, my enthusiasm for owning a Priv, (just like the with the Passport), has been crushed. The phone will probably not be available on Verizon and it's best to accept that now rather than craft stories of a later arrival.

I've been with Verizon for YEARS. However, there's a pattern of them not offering the devices I'm interested in. If I'm going to pay a carrier, it should be one that delivers what's important to me. Phone selection didn't used to be a big deal because the BlackBerry I wanted was available at that time. The Priv will be the third device I've wanted but that, when asked about availability, Verizon won't give a direct answer on plans to carry.

My Z10 is still my daily driver, but it's time to upgrade. I will be keeping my eye on special offers from AT&T along with details on the phone's features (Blend compatibility) and make the decision to go for what I want rather than continue to miss out on the latest BlackBerry offerings.

Posted via CB10
    Verizon had the same delay with the other BlackBerry phones. Just wait.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 10:19 AM
    Verizon had the same delay with the other BlackBerry phones. Just wait.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, and they got the exclusive Z30 then next was att and they got the exclusive to the pass port.

I'll give Verizon to the end of the year, and I may start looking into a gsm carrier.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 10:24 AM
    Yes, and they got the exclusive Z30 then next was att and they got the exclusive to the pass port.

I'll give Verizon to the end of the year, and I may start looking into a gsm carrier.

Posted via CB10
    The arrogance that Verizon displays towards its customers is appalling. They take everyone for granted. They do have the best network, but others are catching up. It will be fun to leave them when the playing field is a bit more even.
    10-24-15 10:36 AM
    Have you guys tried asking Verizon on social media what their plans are vis a vis the Priv?
    10-24-15 01:33 PM
    Have you guys tried asking Verizon on social media what their plans are vis a vis the Priv?
    Yes, no luck yet, but I doubt they would know. I was hoping BlackBerry would have a real launch and would announce which carriers were on board, kind of like the launch of the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    raino likes this.
    10-24-15 01:50 PM
    I have tried twice and both Verizon reps told me they hope so, but have no unfo at this time. They both suggested I sign up to get the latest offerings from Verizon via email. Its rhe standard BS everytime you inquire about a Blackberry device or OS update.

Z10 STL100-4/10.3.2.2789
    10-24-15 02:18 PM
    I have tried twice and both Verizon reps told me they hope so, but have no unfo at this time. They both suggested I sign up to get the latest offerings from Verizon via email. Its rhe standard BS everytime you inquire about a Blackberry device or OS update.

Z10 STL100-4/10.3.2.2789
    They never say anything until it is officially listed. I have confidence it will be offered since it is Android.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 02:21 PM
    Thanks, expected as much. While slip-ups are rare, they do happen.
    10-24-15 02:22 PM
86 123 ...