I have notice that from some months ago I haven't been able to read some post and see some pictures from the app, today from 10 post made by friends, I could only read 4. That's kind of worrying (and anoying) because I believe BB is kind of forgetting to take care of the quality of its basic apps.

We all know they are working and giving priority to the Priv, but shouldn't they take care also of this? Also, Facebook shouldn't be doing something? Is their product at the end. What do we, as users, can do about it?

PD. I know I can read posts from the browser, but is not the same experience and not the ideal way it should be used.
    JCyinzer likes this.
    10-13-15 10:30 PM
    Facebook has its problems everywhere, iOS, Android, Blackberry, even in its native browser form. I would like to believe Blackberry is more interested in saving their company and pushing out new products and tweaking their operating systems, as opposed to focusing their attention on Facebook. Personally, I don't even use Facebook. It's a dying breed of narcissists.

Posted via CB 10 on my BB Classic
    10-13-15 10:43 PM
    I have notice that from some months ago I haven't been able to read some post and see some pictures from the app, today from 10 post made by friends, I could only read 4. That's kind of worrying (and anoying) because I believe BB is kind of forgetting to take care of the quality of its basic apps.

We all know they are working and giving priority to the Priv, but shouldn't they take care also of this? Also, Facebook shouldn't be doing something? Is their product at the end. What do we, as users, can do about it?

PD. I know I can read posts from the browser, but is not the same experience and not the ideal way it should be used.
    Actually the browser is the same exact experience. Maybe even the one so many seen to wish for from Android or iOS. Using FB from my browser and adding as a link to my home page works better or the same as Facebook (even the app logo appearance is the same) on my Samsung Tab Pro. Except I don't have to see all the m'fn updates like I do on my Android tablet. Try it you'll never complain about BlackBerry and FB again.

Z30 wickedness
    Maxxie24 likes this.
    10-14-15 12:37 AM
    Facebook changed their API stuff. It's on the Facebook dev blog

https://developers.facebook.com/docs/apps/changelog

Posted via CB10
    10-14-15 12:39 AM
    The BB10 app does not show you nested replies, you have to open the web page to view them... it still gives you the notifications though you just cant view them in the BB10 facebook app...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by jasonvan9; 10-26-15 at 03:53 PM.
    10-14-15 03:34 AM
    Just use the browser

Posted via CB10
    10-14-15 03:35 AM
    Just use the browser

Posted via CB10
    This is why they are in the position they are currently in folks. How many folks using the Android and IOS versions of the FB would just use the browser if the app was broke???

Yeah right, this is 2015 and not 2006, fix and maintain the dam app and the problem is solved!!!
    JeepBB, gjh1978, step07 and 2 others like this.
    10-14-15 03:41 AM
    This is why they are in the position they are currently in folks. How many folks using the Android and IOS versions of the FB would just use the browser if the app was broke???

Yeah right, this is 2015 and not 2006, fix and maintain the dam app and the problem is solved!!!
    Agree

"Once you go Black you'll never go back"
    10-14-15 03:43 AM
    This is what happens when you tell your developers to move to Android.

As APIs change, to add new features, the BB10 app won't change to support the new api. Even the Android apps will go the same way as the increasingly obsolete runtime can't cope.

Still, just as well the browser still works eh?

"Just use the browser" will one day appear with "tools not toys" on BB10's headstone as proof that BB have totally failed to understand the changed environment and consumers expectations of smartphone capability.

It's not 2006 anymore guys!
    Last edited by JeepBB; 10-14-15 at 05:51 AM.
    bakron1 and FF22 like this.
    10-14-15 05:40 AM
    Actually the browser is the same exact experience. Maybe even the one so many seen to wish for from Android or iOS. Using FB from my browser and adding as a link to my home page works better or the same as Facebook (even the app logo appearance is the same) on my Samsung Tab Pro. Except I don't have to see all the m'fn updates like I do on my Android tablet. Try it you'll never complain about BlackBerry and FB again.

Z30 wickedness
    You can't upload videos to Facebook using the browser

Posted via CB10
    10-14-15 06:41 AM

Yea, but BlackBerry made the Facebook app.

Typed on my posh black Classic.
    10-14-15 07:53 AM
    Yea, but BlackBerry made the Facebook app.

So?

I doubt the few developers that BB has left are regarding further BB10 app development as a priority. If *my* CEO publicly stated that developers should move to Android rather than develop natively for BB10, and further announced that a maintenance/security update 6 months from now is all the commitment BB10 can expect; I'd take the hint.

As I said, get used to it. This is how it will go from now on. BB10 native apps won't be updated (regardless of who wrote them), and Android apps will need more than the 4.2 RT can give them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JeepBB; 10-14-15 at 08:32 AM.
    10-14-15 08:12 AM
    The Facebook app is only good for one thing, and that is notifications. I never even open up the app anymore. A lot of people use Facebook for their businesses now too. I feel less productive having to use the browser. It slows me down if anything.
    10-14-15 08:22 AM
    So?

I doubt the few developers that BB has left are regarding further BB10 app development as a priority. If *my* CEO publicly stated that developers should move to Android rather than develop natively for BB10, and further announced that a maintenance/security update 6 months from now is all the commitment BB10 can expect; I'd take the hint.

As I said, get used to it. This is how it will go from now on. BB10 native apps won't be updated (regardless of who wrote them), and Android apps will need more than the 4.2 RT can give them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Gee, folks laughed at us a year ago when we said the BB10/Z10/Z30 would go the way of the Playbook. Now it is happening.
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-14-15 08:56 AM

I know from these forums you have used BlackBerry for some time like myself. On BlackBerry 10 and using the browser you simply add the link to your home page. As you know this renders just like an app and in the case of Facebook or any of my banking apps it functions just the same! There is really NO reason for BlackBerry to keep working on their internal version as it means constantly putting resources to it. (Apple and Android don't do this) It's most assuredly not the reason BlackBerry is in the situation it is in today and you well know this. A half baked BlackBerry 10 upon initial release in 2013, lack of apps for BlackBerry 10, along with a Q10 without a track pad and released after the Z10 and I would be more attentive.

Z10 on 10.3.2
    10-14-15 09:53 AM
    So if you guys are having trouble with the Facebook app, you can go to apkmirror.com and search for Facebook Lite. It's basic, but it does more than BlackBerry's facebook app somehow.

10-14-15 12:21 PM

As APIs change, to add new features, the BB10 app won't change to support the new api. Even the Android apps will go the same way as the increasingly obsolete runtime can't cope.

Still, just as well the browser still works eh?

"Just use the browser" will one day appear with "tools not toys" on BB10's headstone as proof that BB have totally failed to understand the changed environment and consumers expectations of smartphone capability.

That just about summarizes it right there on their Tombstone!
    10-14-15 01:16 PM

Obviously

Posted via CB10
    10-14-15 03:37 PM