Storm Cradle Reviews?
    anyone have one? I just ordered it from verizon with my new storm. what do you guys think of the cradle?
    11-27-08 12:14 PM
    i absolutely love my cradle...it actually replaced my alarm clock because it looks so much alike. i really dig it
    11-27-08 12:19 PM
    Does the cradle recharge as well? Or must you still plug the cable directly into the phone?
    11-27-08 12:24 PM
    it charges you just plug your charger into the back of it
    11-27-08 12:25 PM
    the Storm plugs into the cradle and the power cord plugs into the cradle. Also you can sync with the cradle as well.....
    11-27-08 12:27 PM
    The only reason to get it is if you want to use your phone as a clock/alarm. Other than that I do not use mine at all. Also, you have to plug your current charger into the back so it does not even provide you with an extra charger. So, like I said, unless you really want to use it as a clock/alarm then I would save your $30.
    11-27-08 12:28 PM
    I have the cradle, just got it last night. You simply plug in the USB port into the back of it, or the wall charger into the back. It fits very nicely into the cradle. You can leave the phone in the cradle and its easy to text without having to remove it. I'm actually going to get another cradle for in the bedroom, so I can just pop the phone in at night instead of having to take the cradle with me and plugging it into the wall charger in the dark. (yes, its hard for me to find the hole in the dark lol)
    11-27-08 12:36 PM
    So, like I said, unless you really want to use it as a clock/alarm then I would save your $30.
    However, you gotta admit that its a lot easier to simply place your phone down into the cradle than to plug the charger in. (Sheesh! Talk about being lazy!)

In any case, that's good news for me as I would be able to use it as an alarm clock AND charge it at the same time.
    11-27-08 12:39 PM
    (yes, its hard for me to find the hole in the dark lol)
    We must have been posting at the same time.

This is a problem I'm having with my Pearl too. I may just get more than one as well.
    11-27-08 12:42 PM
    Mine replaced my Alarm clock...

Also great for playing music/videos in.

Use it and some Bluetooth speakers for no wires is pretty cool across the room.

Also Means I dont loose it, mine practically lives in it when at home.

Just get another mains charger for �3 off ebay
    11-27-08 12:46 PM
    (yes, its hard for me to find the hole in the dark lol)
    I'm sorry, but not as sorry as your girlfriend/wife!
    11-27-08 12:46 PM
    Got mine Tuesday. It is nice, but the white light on the back of it is really annoying. Still hasnt replaced my alarm clock, because the display is too bright for me to leave it right next to my bed and on all night.
    11-27-08 12:47 PM
    i love it, here's some pics i took the other day, couldn't be happier

11-27-08 12:47 PM
    I love the cradle. It looks so sexy sitting there in clock mode.

So

damn

sexy

rooooaarrrrr
    11-27-08 12:49 PM
    The only reason to get it is if you want to use your phone as a clock/alarm. Other than that I do not use mine at all. Also, you have to plug your current charger into the back so it does not even provide you with an extra charger. So, like I said, unless you really want to use it as a clock/alarm then I would save your $30.
    Wow are you ever dry/unimaginative... Do you not see a use for having your phone upright and legible when you're at a pc working? Always ready to transfer data and yet instantly usable simply by picking it up? Not having to fiddle with a cord when you get up or sit down to a computer? Plus it's just the sweetest and best designed and manufactured accessory I've bought for anything recently. I wish the *whole* Blackberry was as nicely made as this!

--bg
    11-27-08 12:56 PM
    ...because the display is too bright for me to leave it right next to my bed and on all night.
    I thought there was a setting that dims it down when in the cradle?

Another question: where are the power contacts on the phone and what kind are they? Plug-in or just contact?
    11-27-08 12:57 PM
    I thought there was a setting that dims it down when in the cradle?

Another question: where are the power contacts on the phone and what kind are they? Plug-in or just contact?
    you put the phone into "Bedside Mode" and it will dim down.
    11-27-08 12:59 PM
    Wow are you ever dry/unimaginative... Do you not see a use for having your phone upright and legible when you're at a pc working? Always ready to transfer data and yet instantly usable simply by picking it up? Not having to fiddle with a cord when you get up or sit down to a computer?
    It is much easier for me to plug the cable into the phone. I have a silicone case on my phone so I have to remove it to put it in the cradle were as I can just plug the cable into the side of the phone without removing the case. Even without having to remove the cover it takes me 3 seconds to plug the phone in vs 2 seconds to put it in the cradle. 1 second is not enough time difference to recommend spending the $30. The only bonus I see is the ability to use it as a clock/alarm.

I purchased the cradle to use as a clock and to have a second charger in the bedroom. Since it does not come with its own power cable the 2nd charger function went out the window.
    Last edited by Primate; 11-27-08 at 01:10 PM.
    11-27-08 01:06 PM
    yea sucks about the charger not coming with. but i see most of you like it- cool cool. and how does this thing really work or hook up? you just throw it in? how does it charge?
    11-27-08 01:13 PM
    Perfect .... Get it and if u need additionally charger...ebay 6 dollars .. Get it.. I only takes 1 second to put in and charges perfectly

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-08 01:25 PM
    um yea - how does it work? a few questions 2 posts up.
    also does it fit in cradle with a skin or anything on it- or must it be bare?
    11-27-08 01:45 PM
    It will fit with a skin such as ghost armor or IS but not a case like a silicone slip on. It works real well. I have had no issues with it. As has already been said, it is built very well.
    11-27-08 01:48 PM
    I'm sorry, but not as sorry as your girlfriend/wife!
    LOL - ahhh, we've been married so long and managed to have 2 kids
    11-27-08 01:48 PM
    It will fit with a skin such as ghost armor or IS but not a case like a silicone slip on. It works real well. I have had no issues with it. As has already been said, it is built very well.
    thats unfortunate. I really wanted one but wouldn't bother taking off/putting on my silicon cover every time.

oy.
    11-27-08 01:55 PM
    Is it ok for an image, the clock, to be displayed on the screen all the time? Are these screens meant to be on all the time? Thanks.
    11-27-08 02:11 PM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD