Ok, I've brought this up in the past and have made this remark in their beta zone and the icanmakeitbetter site when it was up, but it still hasn't been fixed, so I'm going to bring it up again.

BB10's search algorithm makes no sense at all and it's one thing that really frustrates me. Even more so because it worked fine back in the BB7 days so I know they know how to do it...

Like while searching your contacts how the results have to be in alphabetical order in which they appear in your contact list when they should be ordered by relevance.

Meaning if I type "mom" I'll get Andrew's Mom, Bob's Mom, Jennifer's Mom, Kelly's Mom, and every other contact with the letters "mom" in it before the contact actually simply called "Mom" will show up. Why is the alphabetical order so much more important than the fact that "Mom" is a 100% match to what I typed, not to mention not in the end of the contact listing's name???

Typing "m" should start to show contacts whose name BEGINS with the letter "m" and as you type, the results that match THE CLOSEST should start showing. Right now if I start typing "m" Adam will show because the letter m is at the END of his name, then Amber because it's the SECOND LETTER of her name, then Amy, seriously, WHY THE HELL would I start a search with a letter from the end or the middle of someone's name???? Alphabetical to the contact list makes ZERO sense! When will BB realize this??

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    MRTTNS likes this.
    10-07-15 08:17 AM
    This is very true. Also annoying that emails also show up in SMS composing.
    10-07-15 08:24 AM
    This is very true. Also annoying that emails also show up in SMS composing.
    Or how it shows the home phone number before it shows the mobile number for your contacts when composing a SMS...

10-07-15 09:26 AM
    You should use Universal Search and Instant Actions, like "sms ", "call �, �email �, etc... followed by the first letters of the name or surname of the person you want to contact. The search won't start in a middle of a word, and you will have for each the desired number, email, ... in view for you to choose.
    Fastmarc likes this.
    10-07-15 01:30 PM
    You should use Universal Search and Instant Actions, like "sms ", "call �, �email �, etc... followed by the first letters of the name or surname of the person you want to contact. The search won't start in a middle of a word, and you will have for each the desired number, email, ... in view for you to choose.
    While that's nice, I don't always search for contacts for the sake of sending a text or whatever. I've tried to go to their contact card because sometimes I'll record info like their birthday, address, whatever, or if I need to add or change something. It's just so annoying that what used to work beautifully in BB7 is completely gimped in BB10, like dialing alpha-numeric numbers...

10-07-15 02:33 PM
    I really do need to use this more especially with calling. Makes a difference.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 04:43 PM