Sorry, but the 9900 turned on without a sim, ditto the Q10. I was tizzed that my new Passport arrived, I tried to turn it on. A red light blipped at me. I thought maybe it was out of charge (unheard of for a BB to ship without some charge), nothing.

Do I make time tomorrow to run to AT&T and get the nano sim? Or do I contact the seller and say, sorry, this baby's being returned.

If you can't turn on the Passport without the nano sim card in the device, why in blue blazes isn't that information readily available??????

FOLLOW-UP: tried charging it - well, it didn't vibrate, jiggled the cord, and a red battery with ! inside it came on briefly- great, looked that up and it means bad battery. Daggnabbit - why couldn't it just have been a dead battery. BRAND NEW but DOA... woe is me....
    Last edited by PonyCrazyKid; 10-05-15 at 09:27 PM. Reason: to add FOLLOW-UP -
    10-05-15 06:59 PM
    It should turn on with out the nano, mine does when I switch between the PP and Classic and can use it unless u want to make a call as long as you have a wifi signal
    to boldly go likes this.
    10-05-15 07:06 PM
    Going to contact the seller and tell them it won't turn on, won't charge... Here's hoping Paypal will step in if their customer service falls down. I want to return it and I want full reimbursement... sigh
    Last edited by PonyCrazyKid; 10-05-15 at 09:29 PM.
    10-05-15 08:02 PM
    Huh? You didn't try charging it or did you?

It's obviously dead
    10-05-15 09:25 PM
    If the battery is charged, it will run just fine without a sim and even work in wifi only mode.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 09:59 PM
    It worked fine for me.

Nothing like my SE.
    10-05-15 10:17 PM
    I ordered my Passport through Amazon. When I saw that it required a smaller nano SIM card I immediately went to the AT&T store and got the SIM. I didn't feel like powering on my phone unless I had the right size SIM card. So, I dunno what would have happened if I powered on my phone without a SIM card.

Once I installed the nano SIM, I pressed the power button and waited about 5-6 minutes for it to turn on. It seemed like an eternity to me. I guess I'm just impatient, haha. I did notice that my phone had a 50% charge in it. Maybe each phone comes with a different charge level?

If you really did get a DOA product that sucks man. I know you were probably looking forward to getting your SE or white Passport or whatever.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 10:29 PM
    Yeah - mine arrived DOA - it totally sucks. I have contacted the seller and explained the situation. They said returns had to be authorized within 7 days of receipt - well, I sent them an email explaining the situation. We'll see. It's the first time I've been burned buying a digital device online, but if I get a full refund, I will not count it as a personal burn - just one of those things... I'm counting on the seller to do the right thing - take it back and refund my money. If they squawk, there's a BB repair in Florida. I'll get it repaired and use it until it drops. My guess is that it's a bad battery and/or charge port. Either way, expensive lesson when I'm on a tight budget... oh well. I still crave a Passport... I've bought good cars that had seen rough times and got my dear friend, ace mechanic/car doctor to rebuild it - I'm still driving that baby! Too bad none of my pals are BB geek repair artists!!!!
    10-05-15 10:45 PM
    Did you say you bought this on eBay from a seller with a good seller rating? I was worried about sellers on eBay, regardless of their feedback. I always seem to get products that are unsealed or used, and the seller falsely advertises the product.

I'm glad I chose Amazon for my Passport. I prefer bran new products. But hey, sorry to hear about your DOA phone. That's really messed up man.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 10:55 PM
    Try a different charger first

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2789
    10-05-15 11:00 PM
    Try a different charger first

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2789
    No, don't try another charger. The device is faulty especially since it seems like it's having a hard time charging too.
    I believe the battery should always be arriving with 50% charge.

Posted via CB10
    PonyCrazyKid likes this.
    10-05-15 11:12 PM
    No, don't try another charger. The device is faulty especially since it seems like it's having a hard time charging too.
    I believe the battery should always be arriving with 50% charge.

Posted via CB10
    I agree with rebroker, it could also be possible that the charger sent to you was not the original one, try charging from a pc with a usb cable or another micro usb charger. And I've never seen any consistancy with the amount of charge on the phone when you purchase it.
    PonyCrazyKid likes this.
    10-05-15 11:25 PM
    There must be a workaround, but why would you do that? Don't stress yourself.

Just use your warranty period and return policy agreement.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 11:31 PM
    Bought several digital devices on eBay - from PC laptops to gently used MacBooks - no problems. So far all my BBs - 9900, Q10'and Playbook were purchased on eBay. I look for sellers with 100% positive feedback rating - this seller has it. It's a bummer but it happens even to to the best and most careful. Will see what happens.
    To the person who asked if I tried different chargers - yes, I did - no change in DOA status when I used two different chargers - one for my 9900, the other for a digital camera and probably also the q10's charger.
    It's a huge disappointment but it will get sorted out. I'm just bummed because I have waited such a long time... Oh well, stuff happens. Thanks, y'all - this is the first time I've visited crackberry from my blinkety blanking 4s - Lord have mercy but I hate this phone - lobe the 9900 and I'm sure to fall hard for the PP!
    Will post update when I hear from the seller.
    10-06-15 12:04 AM
    The chargers for the 9900 and Q10 are not the correct chargers but should at least charge slowly. I would send back

Bought several digital devices on eBay - from PC laptops to gently used MacBooks - no problems. So far all my BBs - 9900, Q10'and Playbook were purchased on eBay. I look for sellers with 100% positive feedback rating - this seller has it. It's a bummer but it happens even to to the best and most careful. Will see what happens.
    To the person who asked if I tried different chargers - yes, I did - no change in DOA status when I used two different chargers - one for my 9900, the other for a digital camera and probably also the q10's charger.
    It's a huge disappointment but it will get sorted out. I'm just bummed because I have waited such a long time... Oh well, stuff happens. Thanks, y'all - this is the first time I've visited crackberry from my blinkety blanking 4s - Lord have mercy but I hate this phone - lobe the 9900 and I'm sure to fall hard for the PP!
    Will post update when I hear from the seller.
    10-06-15 12:21 AM
    Thank you - the return process has been initiated - exactly what I wrote last night that I intended to do - return it. Also last night, I contacted the seller to let them know it didn't work, didn't charge, and also I began the return process officially on ebay. It's very crazy-making, but I paid with paypal and DOA is DOA. One thing I noticed is that the original screen protector film is really smudged - this phone has been handled a lot to get like that. Every day I use my cased 4s and uncased 9900 and they do not ever look as handled as that "new" Passport.

Oh well, I am hoping for the best possible outcome. The return label is printed, hope to hear from seller today. But I decided that I'm going to insure the phone via USPS even if I have to pay for the return postage. Better safe than sorry.
    10-06-15 09:16 AM
    One thing I noticed is that the original screen protector film is really smudged - this phone has been handled a lot to get like that. Every day I use my cased 4s and uncased 9900 and they do not ever look as handled as that "new" Passport.
    Dang, that is really messed up. You got a dead phone from someone with 100 percent positive feedback. Now I don't know if I will ever trust cell phone sellers on eBay. Too many sellers are dishonest. I received one BlackBerry phone with a dead battery and broken trackball. I'm glad I chose Amazon this time.

Well, good luck. I hope the seller sends you a Passport in pristine condition this time around. If not, they deserve their first negative feedback, haha.
    10-06-15 02:29 PM
    Dang, that is really messed up. You got a dead phone from someone with 100 percent positive feedback. Now I don't know if I will ever trust cell phone sellers on eBay
    GREAT NEWS!!!!! YAY FOR 100% positive feedback sellers on ebay!!!! The seller is giving me a hassle-free full refund - shipping it back today!!!! 100% feedback depends on good communication and customer service. God bless this seller!!! Offered to get battery replaced by a professional and I said only if the battery and charging port are guaranteed for one year (in writing) and the rest of the phone for 60 days (in writing). I also did research and found a cell phone repair service in this seller's home town - called for estimate to replace battery and fix charger port - was told no parts available at this time for Passport. Shared that info with seller. I did lots of research and learned a lot. I did what the seller recommended and reported back asap - no change, phone won't turn on. I's alive in there somewhere, and I'm sure the seller will get it sorted out and that lovely phone will find a great home, but not with me! I've been put off owning a white Passport - thanks or no thanks to my detested 4s being a white phone and this Passport happened to be white....

Maybe I'll get a black PP or a red one (my heart's desire), but the good news is - if there's an issue and you're dealing with a 100% ebay seller, you can work it out to mutual satisfaction. The Passport is relatively new - and BB10 has had its glitchy moments. I did a lot of research online that was somewhat helpful, but I maintained that I had purchased phone as new. I had a special ace up my sleeve if I really needed clout - something the seller said in one email - but I didn't need it. The seller did the right thing and apologized for any inconvenience - that's class!

100% positive feedback really means a lot on ebay. Just stay calm and do your best to communicate with the ebay seller - they want to maintain that hundred-percent - trust me!!!! Would I buy from this seller again - yes, very likely - I will always go with 100% poz ratings before any other consideration!

Meanwhile, deadlines beckon, must take the returning PP to post office this afternoon, do some errands, get some work done on deadline stories, plus I'll be shopping for my Passport. I'm very pleased with the outcome - it's the right one.
    10-07-15 10:08 AM