Would it be useful that when you're in browser and you double tap keyboard that you get pointer enabled with which you can click on links and scroll pages? It is kinda awkward when you scroll page with keyboard, and than you have to move finger on screen to click on link.

Posted via CB10
    Adam Rees likes this.
    10-04-15 03:04 AM
    Scrolling pages using keyboard is quite useful when you don't want to spoil your screen after cleaning it.

The 'pointer' however, will be more awkward than clicking the link directly using your finger since you don't need to properly align the pointer to the link then click it just to go the link.

It's probably me but I guess the current setup of scrolling and clicking the link using your finger is quite reasonable and logical.

Try to connect your PC mouse using USG OTG and you'll experience using the 'pointer'.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 03:23 AM
    I would love that! I have been saying that as well for quite some time. I would think that would be a relatively easy software addition. A hardware edition imho, would be a clickable track pad on back of the device (think lg g series)! Just my thoughts

Posted from my SE Passport, P9983 or LG G4
    10-04-15 10:34 AM
    Brilliant! Would love a pointer functionality with passport. It's a big screen and very often require one hand operation just to browse and click. Either this or a trackpad. Best part about this is it does not require any new hardware and can be added to older passports as well.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 11:28 AM
    I have noticed that sometimes while scrolling certain pages with links using keyboard, when you tap the keyboard the browser will highlight links. Looks like the technology is already at least partially there, and may be something they thought about.

Not reliably repeatable, but it has happened to me multiple times and I thought it was kind of cool. While you can highlight the link and get the popup preview to show, you cannot actually click the link.

 Posted in CB10 from my amazing SQUARE OG Passport 
    10-04-15 11:32 AM
    Yes please.

Currently, more often than not, tapping a link requires zooming in significantly, to make the touch target large enough to be disambiguated, when that big fat imprecise sausage comes squashing itself against the screen, which is very annoying.

Also; I want the immediate and discreet link info you get, when hovering in a desktop browser -- screen longpress needs to die in a horrible fire. :P (EDIT: ...and the "force touch", that Apple is beating its chest about, at the moment, is probably what longpress should have been in the first place.)

(...and for that matter - the pointer should always be there along with the text cursor, when in cursor mode, for visual feedback -- I, for one, keep overshooting letters, when trying to position the caret, especially with thin characters, such as "i", or "l", just as much as I do when dragging the on-screen magnifying glass.)
    10-04-15 12:06 PM
    I would also love this. Unfortunately for some reason the people at Blackberry do not want to implement this feature because it should of been there since day one, and it's not and still isn't. Such a shame!

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 03:05 PM
    Yes!

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 06:30 PM
    That's basically the only thing I use the trackpad on my Classic for. Some websites have really small links sometimes, and radial buttons are a nightmare with fat fingers.
    10-05-15 05:28 AM
    I would like this too, as well as a touch keyboard to use upside down with one hand, aligned to one side of the screen.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 10:52 AM
    Yeah I agree with those zoom link issues, that was second thing I wanted to point out. I mean since this technology is kinda better than normal trackpad cause you can press lot of buttons instead of only left and right click, there are a lot of uses it can be implemented in.
    How about pointer for those pesky drop down menus? Or using space button as right click?
    Or pointer with shortcuts like:
    Pointer than S = save link as
    Pointer than T = open in new tab
    Etc etc...

And I don't think it's that hard to make driver for it cause already we can use mouse with bb10, it just needs to be upgraded for trackpad.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 01:22 PM
    Why limit it to just a browser? I think double tapping they keyboard should have a pointer just like BlackBerry Classic.
    The scrolling with keyboard is good but I can live with scrolling with the screen. It will super awesome to have the accuracy of selection and clicking those hyperlinks with the pointer.

They may want to give us an option in the settings where we can enable pointer. Enabling it means, keyboard scrolling will be disabled. Just a thought.

Posted using Silver PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    10-06-15 10:30 AM