I have Q5 on o2 network in UK is it possible to get 4g I am getting conflicting answers from my provider! Any help appreciated thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-15 04:39 AM
    O2 | O2 Network Coverage Checker

Check the map bruh! that said, I used to work for a carrier here in Canada and even though we had extensive maps, there were holes. Even today, I typically use 3 over 4G since the speeds are debatable and it's softer on battery use.
    10-02-15 07:51 AM
    I have excellent coverage in my part of the country. I think it's a problem with my handset or maybe the soft ware. Have already been given a new sim and that didn't resolve my problem, o2 tell me there is no reason why I shouldn't get it now. I tried the connection assistant on o2 site. My phone not listed so put in my imei as asked and it won't recognise my number!

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 09:50 AM
    Do you have the SQR100-2 model of the Q5?
    10-05-15 05:49 PM
    Yes Raino I do have that model! Is that the cause of my difficulties?

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 05:37 AM
    Yes Raino I do have that model! Is that the cause of my difficulties?
    No, that's the proper one to have--you're okay there.

Maybe the Q5 is not provisioned for 4G on O2. But we can try manually provisioning it. Two things to try:

1. Under Settings>Network and Connections>Mobile Network, make sure your 'Network Mode' menu has an option selected which lists 4G (so something like 4G & 3G & 2G.)

1a. Also hit the little cog wheel and make sure the values there match these:

Code:
    APN: mobile.o2.co.uk (PAYG - payandgo.o2.co.uk)
    Username: o2web (PAYG - payandgo)
    Password: password
    Authentication Type: PAP
    Source for above information.

2. If you have another phone which gets 4G on O2 available, stick your Q5's SIM card in there, boot up that phone and let it show 4G. Then take the SIM card out and stick it back into the Q5.
    10-06-15 12:09 PM
    I did all you suggested in step one Raino but no difference. Couldn't do step2 as no available phone.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 05:18 AM
    I did all you suggested in step one Raino but no difference. Couldn't do step2 as no available phone.
    OK. Here's a variation on step 1 that you may like to try: call O2 customer support. Tell them you would like to activate a new 4G-capable Android phone on their network so you would like to provide them with its IMEI#. Then give them the IMEI# from your Q5, which you can get by dialing *#06# before you call O2.

I'm not 100% sure if this way of 'dummy IMEI provisioning' will take care of it--I realize that your IMEI# is coming up as unrecognized, but when you make this call, you are in a sense overriding the unrecognized IMEI by telling them it's a 4G Android. I hope this works; the only other way I know would require the dummying of an IMEI from an actual Android phone.

And just to confirm: 1) you are in an area where O2 had 4G coverage? 2) Your plan does allow for 4G, and/or you have paid for it?
    10-07-15 01:18 PM
    Raino, no offence but all u said has been tried before and has not worked...4 g does not work on q5 as not becAuse of the software,because of its internal body..it. Has only 6 microlayers in the sim slot that has been made according that time according to my research..well I have tried every possible measure and it all does not work

Posted via Porsche Design P'9982
    Last edited by Parth Bhardwaj; 10-15-15 at 04:44 AM.
    10-15-15 04:06 AM
    Raino, no offence but all u said has been tried before and has not worked...4 g does not work on q5 as not becAuse of the software,because of its internal body..it. Has only 6 microlayers in the sim slot that has been made according that time according to my research..well I have tried every possible measure and it all does not work

Posted via Porsche Design P'9982
    Dafuq I just read?!? Thanks for putting out such false info. 4G/LTE works on EVERY BB10 device as long as your carrier supports it.

Via Pasta CB10
    raino and lift like this.
    10-15-15 06:08 AM
    Did you try a Q5 (any model, but especially the SQR100-3,) in India?
    10-15-15 11:16 AM
    Dafuq I just read?!? Thanks for putting out such false info. 4G/LTE works on EVERY BB10 device as long as your carrier supports it.
    Almost all devices. The Z10 STL100-1 and Q5 SQR100-3 are two that don't have LTE radios. There may be others too (Z3, Leap, etc.)

And this is assuming you have the right model for your country/carriers. For example a Q5 SQR100-2, while fully LTE capable, will not get LTE on any American carrier. So to an American, it's practically no better than the non-LTE Q5 -3.
    lift likes this.
    10-15-15 11:20 AM
    Almost all devices. The Z10 STL100-1 and Q5 SQR100-3 are two that don't have LTE radios. There may be others too (Z3, Leap, etc.)

And this is assuming you have the right model for your country/carriers. For example a Q5 SQR100-2, while fully LTE capable, will not get LTE on any American carrier. So to an American, it's practically no better than the non-LTE Q5 -3.
    Aaah, sorry. Forget about the infamous STL100-1 and didn't even knew about the SQR100-3 :/. I guess what I wanted to say was, there is at least one variant with LTE of every BlackBerry 10 device and it needs to fit your region as well. Thanks raino.

Via Pasta CB10
    10-15-15 11:57 AM
    O2 uses LTE 4G Band 20 (800) the SQN100-2 is suitable for all UK LTE 4G bands: 3 (1800), 7 (2600), 8 (900), 20 (800). You can use a SQN100-2 on all UK 3G/HSDPA Networks no problem and to be honest this is better coverage all found

X
    Last edited by fabio1; 10-18-15 at 01:47 AM.
    10-17-15 12:55 AM
    when I had my q5 I had 4G but I'm on 3 UK that could be why all ways had 4G service all the time
    10-21-15 03:05 PM
    Ok guys I'm told after more than an hour on phone to o2 and 6 different bods! A Q5 is a 4g phone I have 4g tarrif and sim but for some inexplicable reason they don't have the ability to get it working because it's not compatible to the network?!!! Yes that's right and further more they told me 4g not that different to 3g. So I'm not sure why they paid huge sums to get a license to run it and pay larger sums trying to convince us it's the best thing ever. More confused now than when I began!!! Is this reall y true guys you all seem more knowledgeable than anybody at my phone company!

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 12:39 PM
    Ok guys I'm told after more than an hour on phone to o2 and 6 different bods! A Q5 is a 4g phone I have 4g tarrif and sim but for some inexplicable reason they don't have the ability to get it working because it's not compatible to the network?!!!
    If you have a Q5 SQR100-2, you have the right one for O2's 3G and 4G networks.

Yes that's right and further more they told me 4g not that different to 3g. So I'm not sure why they paid huge sums to get a license to run it and pay larger sums trying to convince us it's the best thing ever.
    Maybe you should take them up on the offer and run a speed test on 3G. If the speeds are good enough, you can choose a 3G plan and not pay extra. It is quite possible that the 3G network around you, locally, is better than 4G.
    10-27-15 12:10 AM