I'm not a huge fan of Android: had a Vodafone II, have used extensively my gf's S3 and also tablets. I have to be honest, it is not my favourite OS. But looking at the recent videos, I find the Priv might just tempt me to try Android again.

On the other side, BB10 to me is the best mobile OS. I've owned the Q5, Q10, Z10, Z30, Classic (actually my mother's) and currently the Passport, which I love. Yet, recently more and more apps from Snap (Google Play Store) are becoming incompatible.

I'm thinking the Priv could be an ideal device for next year, as I don't want to dump BlackBerry. Call me loyalist or whatever, but BBs have always served me best and I trust these devices.

I will of course not get rid of my Passport, as it is just so amazing. Unfortunately, the app problem, although not critical to me at the moment, will most likely get worse (unless BlackBerry finds a way for the Runtime to work with most up to date Android apps, which I doubt).

If in the end I decide to use an Android, I'll stick with BlackBerry's device. BTW, my gf just saw Chen's video showing the Priv and she liked it (had originally disliked the idea from unofficial online renders). As she said, it combines the best of both worlds: BlackBerry's physical keyboard and a large screen, with most, if not all, Android apps available.

It seems next year, I might again end up rocking three devices: my backup 9800 Torch with OS6, my powerful Passport with BB10 and the tempting Priv with Android.

How many of you feel this way, loving BB10, but becoming tempted by the latest videos of the Priv?

Posted with my powerful and masterful Passport!
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    09-26-15 10:19 PM
    Just buy it lol
    09-26-15 10:23 PM
    I'm tempted. But I'm also scared I'll hate the OS and miss too many things from my Passport.

Like, can you finally play a Youtube video on Android and turn off the screen or leave the browser tab without it pausing? Will it be as easy to share content? Bedtime mode? BBM video?

Posted via CB10
    09-26-15 11:33 PM
    Just buy it lol
    I'll probably wait a bit after it comes out. One thing which bothers me, is BlackBerry's support outside the US and Canada. It's so ironic that BlackBerry makes most devices in Mexico and that we are part of NAFTA, yet, we don't have the North American warranty from ShopBlackBerry. We no longer have physical BlackBerry support either, only through the carrier Telcel, when you get the device from them.

I hope they extend these benefits to other countries, such as mine. There are only two ways to get BBs locally: through Telcel (but then OS updates take longer) or unlocked through certain retailers which offer limited warranty. Probably the best is a store called "Telcel Condesa" which has unlocked BlackBerry devices for sale (from the Z10 to the Passport SE). Unfortunately, after currency exchange, prices tend to be a bit high. They do offer 1 year warranty on their devices, so if this store carries the Priv for next year, I'll probably buy it, maybe even two.

Last edited by JG_Agustin; 09-27-15 at 12:44 PM.
    09-27-15 12:30 PM
    I'm tempted. But I'm also scared I'll hate the OS and miss too many things from my Passport.

Like, can you finally play a Youtube video on Android and turn off the screen or leave the browser tab without it pausing? Will it be as easy to share content? Bedtime mode? BBM video?

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. What I would most like to see is how the Hub is implemented and that hopefully it has a BB10 style skin with swipe gestures.

Perhaps, this way I'll keep my Passport for mostly work stuff and native apps; and the Priv as my multimedia-tablet device and weekend phone.

I hope BlackBerry financially benefits from the Priv and thus continues to develop updates for BB10.

09-27-15 12:42 PM
    Im also curious. Not so much for the android OS but for the device. More app selection isnt a bad thing, but I could get by with what I hve on my passport. Having said that id like to see how easy my data transfer would be also. It would be a pain to reload contacts, lists, passwords, etc.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 02:35 PM
    I'm not interested in this phone at all. I hate Android and if I look at one I would be crazy not to compare all of them and go with the best fit for me.

The slider is what I originally wanted but with BB10. But I work in construction and need a protective case which is an issue with a slider.

I'm hoping they come out with a new full touch running BB10 something next year when I replace my Z10. If they don't then I'm not sure what I will do.

James

Posted via CB10
    09-28-15 07:42 AM
    Im also curious. Not so much for the android OS but for the device. More app selection isnt a bad thing, but I could get by with what I hve on my passport. Having said that id like to see how easy my data transfer would be also. It would be a pain to reload contacts, lists, passwords, etc.

Posted via CB10
    I'm guessing they will incorporate the 'device switch' app which I used flawlessly from Z10 to Passport. It took a while, but I didnt need a computer and it transfered everything perfectly

Posted via CB10
    09-28-15 10:13 AM
    That would be great. Im just wondering since its not within a blackberry OS and actually going from berry to droid that it wont be as smooth. I hope they work out that kink.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-15 03:51 PM
    I used Android for a lot of time.

I'm not tempted at all.

____BlackBerry 10 makes me stay___
    09-29-15 07:11 AM
    I find it funny that people say they will leave blackbery because they cant have BB10. If you dont like the device by all means go, but unless youre leaving for WP which is terrible, or iOS, then youre just losing out on a potentially nice device.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 11:05 AM
    I wish this had a fingerprint reader....

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 08:14 PM
    I find it funny that people say they will leave blackbery because they cant have BB10. If you dont like the device by all means go, but unless youre leaving for WP which is terrible, or iOS, then youre just losing out on a potentially nice device.

Posted via CB10
    Agree. WP is awful. If you think BB10 has no apps wait till you try a MS phone. At least we can load Android apps in a pinch.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    10-01-15 06:28 AM
    Hey Augistin why dont u try Cobalts Google App....Its d Best...

Posted via CB10
    10-02-15 06:46 AM
    No glitch of Google Play services as well...Runs like cream on Passport...

Posted via CB10
    10-02-15 06:47 AM
    Do you guys think the BlackBerry android version will be available for the Classic and Passport? Or this is impossible due to hardware requirements? Is it possible that the BlackBerry android version will be lighter than the regular Google Android? Or that can't be achieved?

Posted via CB10
    10-02-15 06:53 AM
    Hey Augistin why dont u try Cobalts Google App....Its d Best...

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, I already have it installed on my Passport since two weeks ago. I read Snap's developer will be abandoning the app, so I opted for switching to Cobalt's patched Google Play Store. It works perfectly, but unfortunately everyday more apps downloaded from the store are less compatible with BB10 (either asking for Google Play Services or simply don't run).

Still, I currently have no app problems, as I have what I need, but sometimes download various Android apps to see how they work on BB10. I favour native apps (i.e. SuperTube over YouTube's webpage or Android app), but there are some which only exist as Android versions (Skype, HSBC Mexico, Netflix, Google Maps, etc.).

Thus, the Priv would be a device to consider for next year, specially as Android moves forward to new versions. I will still keep my Passport and perhaps use it only with native apps. I will definitely compare when the Priv comes out and decide which one serves me best for everyday use to employ as main device.

Posted with my powerful and masterful  Passport!
    Last edited by JG_Agustin; 10-02-15 at 08:06 AM.
    10-02-15 07:56 AM
    Do you guys think the BlackBerry android version will be available for the Classic and Passport? Or this is impossible due to hardware requirements? Is it possible that the BlackBerry android version will be lighter than the regular Google Android? Or that can't be achieved?

Posted via CB10

classic "successor" will come with android.
    10-02-15 01:08 PM
    I will buy a Passport silver edition. Because i love so much Priv )) I will wait with a Passport SE next stest of Blackberry and Microsoft. If Microsoft will bring a Surface Phone i will be with them again.Now i have a nokia 1520 but i want a Blackberry. And best option for me is Passport SE. Baterry, sound department, appealing, bb10 . Priv is terible on baterry, sound not the best in league, appealing is ok but to much plastic for a high-end device and the price you pay for, android is not ready yet.
    12-13-15 06:02 AM
    I'm pretty sure I'm going to switch to one at some point but lurking and listening to other people's experiences for now. For me no rush. I still love my Z30. Also Hoping for a price drop. Lol.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    12-13-15 06:16 AM
    Its not a mortgage. Buy it, if you don't like it return it. Not to be a ****, but these threads of "I might buy the Priv but...." are really baffling to me. There is always a return period for the phone. If money isn't the issue then I don't know why you wouldn't just buy it, try it for a few days, and either keep it or return it based on your time with it.

Now people will tell you that you need "X amount of time to let it settle in." Bull****. A day at most and you'll get an idea of how the phone is going to perform for you.
    12-13-15 06:58 AM