I'm wondering if anyone had experienced this before with an Android app via GooglePlay store.

1. Originally installation worked however I was getting the Google services message constantly.

2. I uninstalled the app

3. Tried install with Lucky Patcher and Gmaps patcher to get rid of Google services however I kept getting the message "unable to install this app".

4. I tried installing the original one with GooglePlay store but now I'm getting the same message.

Anyone had this issue? On a side note I tried other apps from Google play store and they install just fine. It's like this one has left over files somewhere that's causing it to not install.
    NHL GameCenter (com.nhl.gc1112.free) unable to install that app-img_20150926_160643.png

Posted via  Passport Silver Edition
    09-26-15 03:12 PM
    have you rebooted in between?
    09-26-15 03:46 PM
    have you rebooted in between?
    Yes I did. Did a shutdown as well. I also checked /device/misc/android/Android and don't see any left over files either.

09-26-15 03:49 PM
    Just an update. If I decline to accept permissions, the application shows up along with the icon. When I click on the icon and accept permissions the app crashes. However, I don't see files anywhere under any folder. Where are android apps actually installed?

To add more mystery to this, BlackBerry device monitor sees it, and it has 8kb written somewhere along with the core 31mb.

However, CCleaner nor android app settings see it as an installed app.

09-26-15 06:06 PM
    I was able to install on my Passport through Aptoide

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 10:05 PM
    I was able to install on my Passport through Aptoide

Posted via CB10
    Just tried with the same result. Did you get the same error I did originally with googleplay store?

09-28-15 06:39 AM
    Try this, it's the newest NHL GameCentre apk. Works fine on my passport PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2789

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c8k5h4ik3f....free.apk?dl=0

Posted via CB10
    10-08-15 12:27 PM
    I got the Rogers NHL app to load just fine. Not the NHL one again. haha. It appears its permanently corrupted on my Passport. Keep in mind that Rogers NHL app and the NHL one are identical.

From a tech curiosity I'm wondering what is causing this. Might never know.
    10-08-15 12:34 PM
    I can't get any to work on my Passport, tried lucky patcher, nothing

Posted via CB10
    10-08-15 10:35 PM
    Even after patching and then when you sign into NHL gamecenter so you can access live games, it will crash saying you need Play Services. Another reason to go Android (BlackBerry Priv). More and more Android apps seem to be un-patchable.

Posted from my Z30 with Google Play Store
    10-09-15 08:19 AM
    Even after patching and then when you sign into NHL gamecenter so you can access live games, it will crash saying you need Play Services. Another reason to go Android (BlackBerry Priv). More and more Android apps seem to be un-patchable.

Everything works fine on my passport, did last year too. I can watch videos too. What OS are you on?

Posted via CB10
    10-09-15 08:44 AM

No issues with mine.

I use GMaps Patcher with decompile toggled to OFF.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    habs_fan likes this.
    10-09-15 08:51 AM

Mine says I need Google Play Services when launched on my z30, but I click elsewhere on the screen it works fine. I am still able to use my NHL gamecenter account to stream live games.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-15 08:51 AM
    I can concur that Rogers NHL GC works for me. I have Rogers GC so I'll stick with it. Still would be nice to know what's up with NHL GC.

The actual NHL one has the same symptoms as before. I assume if I did a wipe and tried that app thereafter it would work. I would test that theory out if I didn't detest wipe so much.

10-10-15 07:09 AM
    Mine says I need Google Play Services when launched on my z30, but I click elsewhere on the screen it works fine. I am still able to use my NHL gamecenter account to stream live games.

Posted via CB10
    Like you said touch anywhere on the screen, and the message goes away, don't click the ok on the Google play message, freezes the app

Posted via CB10
    10-10-15 10:57 PM